ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Get Cash For Used Cell Phones And Save The Environment
Total Articles: 6
70 percent of all toxic waste comes from electronic scrap. In the early 2000s when people on average switched mobile phones once every three years, the problem of toxic components from disposed cellular phones polluting our landfills wasn't a big problem yet. However, fewer people nowadays keep their mobile phones for more than a year or two after settling accounts with their providers.
In contrast, the average shelf life of cell phones these days ranges from just six to nine months. This high turnover seems particularly wasteful when one takes into account that many of these discarded cell phones are still useful. On the other hand, have you ever thought of making easy cash for used cell phones that's just gathering dust in your cabinets?
There are many websites that make selling used cell phones an easier process. Similar to websites that sell brand new and used phones, models are listed according to manufacturer and model number. Once you've selected the right model, several options must be selected to indicate the current condition of your phone, parts of the packaging that are still with you, and the carrier.
Once used cell phones are shipped, they are assessed to establish their current condition. Those that are in good condition are resold as pre-owned handsets, while those in bad condition are recycled. Those that are in excellent condition (such as brand new cell phones in boxes) are resold to manufacturers and online sellers.
Some cell phones that are still usable but aren't in outstanding condition are donated to charities—providing cell phones to people who need them but cannot afford them. Those that do not meet the criteria for reselling or donation are recycled to ensure that they do not end up on landfills. According to the U.S. Geological Survey, in each cell phone there are 0.034 grams of gold that's worth at least $1.82, 16 grams of copper worth 12 cents, 35 grams of silver worth 36 cents, and 0.00034 grams of platinum worth 2 cents.
For those who want to make cash for used cell phones and electronics, such schemes can help them earn a small profit while protecting the environment at the same time. How much are Americans wasting for not trading in their old phones? According to this article, it's close to $34 billion: businessinsider.com/get-hundreds-for-your-old-phones-2013-2.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. How To Find Aol Technical Support Phone Number Usa
2. Rank Up Technologies: The Best Choice When You Talk About Seo Services
3. How Our World Will Look Like In 2030 Because Of Chatbot And Ai
4. What Are 3 Commonly Ignored Benefits Of Digital Marketing Agencies?
Author: James Belly
5. Why You Need Mobile App And How To Make It Effective
Author: Philip hauges
6. What Is Blockchain Smart Contract?
Author: Sebastian Stan
7. Global Neuromorphic Computing Market Trend
8. Blackberry Water Damage Repair Uk
9. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Repair In Uk
10. Coordinated Development: 5 Fundamentals To Breakthrough Conquest!
11. Samsung Note 9 Camera Update Boost Battery Life
Author: Samsung mobile repair
12. Where To Look For Android Application Developer For Hire
Author: Daniel Carl
13. Machine Vision Solutions
14. What About The Prominent Types Of Smartphone Display In Trend?
Author: New Vision Display
15. Hp Slate Screen Repair Uk