ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Get Cash For Used Cell Phones And Save The Environment
Total Articles: 6
70 percent of all toxic waste comes from electronic scrap. In the early 2000s when people on average switched mobile phones once every three years, the problem of toxic components from disposed cellular phones polluting our landfills wasn't a big problem yet. However, fewer people nowadays keep their mobile phones for more than a year or two after settling accounts with their providers.
In contrast, the average shelf life of cell phones these days ranges from just six to nine months. This high turnover seems particularly wasteful when one takes into account that many of these discarded cell phones are still useful. On the other hand, have you ever thought of making easy cash for used cell phones that's just gathering dust in your cabinets?
There are many websites that make selling used cell phones an easier process. Similar to websites that sell brand new and used phones, models are listed according to manufacturer and model number. Once you've selected the right model, several options must be selected to indicate the current condition of your phone, parts of the packaging that are still with you, and the carrier.
Once used cell phones are shipped, they are assessed to establish their current condition. Those that are in good condition are resold as pre-owned handsets, while those in bad condition are recycled. Those that are in excellent condition (such as brand new cell phones in boxes) are resold to manufacturers and online sellers.
Some cell phones that are still usable but aren't in outstanding condition are donated to charities—providing cell phones to people who need them but cannot afford them. Those that do not meet the criteria for reselling or donation are recycled to ensure that they do not end up on landfills. According to the U.S. Geological Survey, in each cell phone there are 0.034 grams of gold that's worth at least $1.82, 16 grams of copper worth 12 cents, 35 grams of silver worth 36 cents, and 0.00034 grams of platinum worth 2 cents.
For those who want to make cash for used cell phones and electronics, such schemes can help them earn a small profit while protecting the environment at the same time. How much are Americans wasting for not trading in their old phones? According to this article, it's close to $34 billion: businessinsider.com/get-hundreds-for-your-old-phones-2013-2.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. 2018 Mobile Apps Ux Trends, Tips And A Little Bit More
Author: Oleksiy Kuryliak
2. Few Expert-recommended Tips For A Better Food And Beverage Social Media Plan
Author: Lee Wood
3. Seven Monies Services Limited
4. Healthcare Software Plays A Main Role In Running Hospitals
Author: James Blake
5. Being A Perfect Android Developer
Author: Eldon Broady
6. How To Activate Mcafee Subscription And Redeem Mcafee Retail Card?
Author: James Enrique
7. Photogrammetry: Latest Technology To Create Maps Using Drones?
8. Web Development Company | Website Development Service
Author: Rajeev mishra
9. Are You Facing Network Problems With Your Mobile Phone Get Solution
Author: Natasa Suri
10. Why Ps4 Greatest Game Console Forever?
Author: PS4 Repair
11. Nokia Cracked Screen Repair In The Uk
12. Samsung Galaxy S4 Lcd Screen Replacement In The Uk
13. 3 Real World Advantages Of Blockchain Smart Contracts
14. Software Bugs - How To Avoid?
Author: Hvantage Technologies
15. Hdcvi Camera Systems Redefining The Security System In The World