ALL >> Legal >> View Article
498a Dowry Law Things Cases Under Section 498a Of Ipc
Total Articles: 4
The government of India has decided to broaden the ambit of the controversial Section 498a of the Indian penal code. Many civil rights groups are taking a stand against Section 498a because it is being falsely justified as a weapon of “Arrest on Demand” by wives who are angry against their husbands and in-laws. Section 498a was created to provide safety for women; not cause harm to either of the spouses.
But how does one know if the accusation is real or false? Due to Section 498a there is no investigation following an arrest. As a result, it has proven to be difficult for a suspect to get out of an arrest. Unless you and your spouse can reach a settlement in court, it is something that cannot be avoided.
Can we say that it is men who are now standing up for themselves and not just women? This is starting to appear very common amongst most cases under Section 498a. False accusations are continuously being made, leaving men in a legally vulnerable state.
When false allegations are present, hardly any attention is paid to the case. However, in situations where the woman is a victim, the coverage seems unwavering. The public appears to find it very difficult to view men in the same light of victimization.
These false accusations do not destroy the image of men throughout India. However, because of past events, this has tarnished men’s credibility in court when such charges are brought forth. Section 498a is a result of past grievances that men committed towards women. In some instances, it has been found that a select amount of women have taken advantage of this newer law.
Is section 498a giving women more power now in the marriage? Have they been given more control?
Section 498A, of late, has started catching the attention of one and all; from women’s lobbying groups, to men’s rights activists, to prominent lawyers and the judiciary. It has even arrived at the Home Ministry and RajyaSabha. What does this mean for Section 498a?
cThe government has come to realize the hidden potential of a law like Section 498a. Society is saying that it is unconstitutional and has declared it a weapon for unleashing legal terrorism. A government source has stated that they are considering changing the definition. The new definition is still a work in progress but will cover many crimes from blackmail, extortion, threatening, kidnapping, and physical assault.
But how long will it take for such things to take place? Yes there are changes that are being promised but will it actually be done?
There are many opinions and different perspectives about Section 498a. Many people will either be left happy with the changes being made or unhappy with this decision. The question that lies before us is, is there is a way to avoid the abuse of 498a?
Legal Articles1. Contact Criminal Defense Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Legal Interests
2. How To Find Best Dui Lawyer In New Jersey
Author: Michael Curtis Greenberg
3. Legal Agreement Template
4. Bail Bonds Services Might Help Create A Stressful Time Easier
5. Answering The Question About The Working Of Immigration Lawyer
Author: Kri Law
6. All You Need To Know About The Truck Accidents Attorney
Author: Bkr Law
7. Why To Sought The Assistance Of Truck Accident Lawyer?
Author: Sgro Law
8. Is Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney/lawyer Really Necessary?
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
9. Be Served For The Better In Hiring Car Accident Attorney/lawyer
Author: JON ALAN LAFFERTY
10. Tips On How To Settle Your Slip And Fall Claim
11. Three Things To Look For In A Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Author: Marcus McGowan
12. How Oklahoma Business Lawyers Can Help You With Gun Trust Law
13. Arizona's Dog Bite Laws And How To Protect Yourself
14. Wrongful Death Attorney - How To File A Wrongful Death Claim
15. 7 Reasons Why Feizy Law Firm Has Got The Best Injury Attorney For Compensation In Dallas
Author: Nick Feizy