ALL >> Legal >> View Article
498a Dowry Law Things Cases Under Section 498a Of Ipc
Total Articles: 4
The government of India has decided to broaden the ambit of the controversial Section 498a of the Indian penal code. Many civil rights groups are taking a stand against Section 498a because it is being falsely justified as a weapon of “Arrest on Demand” by wives who are angry against their husbands and in-laws. Section 498a was created to provide safety for women; not cause harm to either of the spouses.
But how does one know if the accusation is real or false? Due to Section 498a there is no investigation following an arrest. As a result, it has proven to be difficult for a suspect to get out of an arrest. Unless you and your spouse can reach a settlement in court, it is something that cannot be avoided.
Can we say that it is men who are now standing up for themselves and not just women? This is starting to appear very common amongst most cases under Section 498a. False accusations are continuously being made, leaving men in a legally vulnerable state.
When false allegations are present, hardly any attention is paid to the case. However, in situations where the woman is a victim, the coverage seems unwavering. The public appears to find it very difficult to view men in the same light of victimization.
These false accusations do not destroy the image of men throughout India. However, because of past events, this has tarnished men’s credibility in court when such charges are brought forth. Section 498a is a result of past grievances that men committed towards women. In some instances, it has been found that a select amount of women have taken advantage of this newer law.
Is section 498a giving women more power now in the marriage? Have they been given more control?
Section 498A, of late, has started catching the attention of one and all; from women’s lobbying groups, to men’s rights activists, to prominent lawyers and the judiciary. It has even arrived at the Home Ministry and RajyaSabha. What does this mean for Section 498a?
cThe government has come to realize the hidden potential of a law like Section 498a. Society is saying that it is unconstitutional and has declared it a weapon for unleashing legal terrorism. A government source has stated that they are considering changing the definition. The new definition is still a work in progress but will cover many crimes from blackmail, extortion, threatening, kidnapping, and physical assault.
But how long will it take for such things to take place? Yes there are changes that are being promised but will it actually be done?
There are many opinions and different perspectives about Section 498a. Many people will either be left happy with the changes being made or unhappy with this decision. The question that lies before us is, is there is a way to avoid the abuse of 498a?
Legal Articles1. Car Accidents Involving Uber And Lyft In Phoenix, Arizona
2. Car Accidents In Glendale: Seat Belt Injuries Overview
3. Slip And Fall Injuries: Contributive Causes And Premises That Are Mostly Found Risky
Author: Nick Feizy
4. Al Rowaad Is Available Around The Clock 24/7
5. Be Active Before Selecting A Lawyers For Your Personal Legal Issue.
Author: Lex Lords
6. First Day In Federal Prison
Author: Sanjoi Mazumder
7. 7 Keys To Improving Lead Conversion For Personal Injury Lawyers
8. Hire Drug Possession Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Constitutional Rights
9. For Child Support Issues, Consult The Springfield Missouri Child Support Lawyers In Greene County
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
10. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
11. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
12. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
13. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
14. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
15. Check Criminal Records