ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Wineries In Ontario Offer Tourists A Great Experience In Wine Tasting, Tours, And Festivals
Total Articles: 31
If you are a passionate wine lover and connoisseur, wineries in Ontario can offer the finest ambrosia for your passion. There are lots of adventurous outings you can indulge in the wine county.
Fine Blend of the Old and the Contemporary
Niagara on the Lake is regarded as the birthplace of Ontario’s modern wine industry and is an amazing place where the traditional and the contemporary blend seamlessly. You can not only enjoy some great local food perfectly paired with delicious wines but also indulge in antique shopping, visit internationally famous theaters, and play some exciting rounds of golf on the inviting greens.
One of Canada’s top tourist destinations is undoubtedly the Prince Edward County. It is also Ontario’s newest wine destination. The characteristic towns and villages that remind you of treasure searches and the artisanal cheeses, gourmet hot dogs, and many wineries make this county a special place for any visitor.
While you are here, you can also take time out to visit North America’s largest freshwater beaches known locally as ‘The County’ which provide sensational viewing of Lake Ontario.
Wine Tours – a Key Element of Ontario Visits
Some wineries in Ontario are more than 150 years old. The county once had over 35,000 acres of land dedicated to grape production, and boasted of over 60 wineries. The top wineries here are all family owned and operated privately. They all have tasting rooms and offer wine tours.
Ontario wine tours are something that tourists look forward to with great enthusiasm. They are definitely the high point of any vacation for a wine enthusiast since the owners provide answers to your queries with incomparable expertise.
Wine’s Contribution to Ontario’s Economy
Wine industry in Ontario is going from strength to strength despite some very tough economic times. Recent figures show that of the $6.8 billion worth industry in Canada, half the business comes from Ontario which makes the county a three billion dollar plus industry. A study reveals that for every bottle of wine produced in the province, an economic impact of about $40 is generated. It helps support business revenue and creates jobs.
More than 14,000 people have jobs in Ontario as a result of the grape and wine industry. Wineries in Ontario welcome more than 1.9 million visitors every year and the Ontario industry contributes $444 million in taxes annually.
Colio Estate Wines is acknowledged as one of the best wineries in Ontario. They have a rich tradition of award winning viticulture and winemaking which seamlessly blends passion with modern innovation. They play host to a series of exciting and entertaining events and form a part of major Ontario wine tours.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. What Kind Of Vegetables Do You Want Slice Instead Of Junk Foods?
Author: Emory Carucci
2. Exploring Special American Steak Dishes Is No Big Deal In London
Author: Mathew Gomes
3. Oklahoma City Roofing- Choose The Right Material For Your Roof
Author: Fred Lydick
4. Professional Toronto Food Delivery – Ordering Quick And Easy
Author: Oliver Shin
5. Pre Or Post Workout Meals Toronto – Getting Healthy Food Is No More Difficult
Author: Oliver Shin
6. Explore Santa Rosa Restaurants In Different Way
Author: Todd Hedrick
7. Benefits Of Dark Chocolate | Bakers Fun
Author: Bakers Fun
8. Find Out The Reputable Online Water Suppliers To Obtain Purified Water
9. Food Delivery Toronto Service Can Be Your Savior Sometimes
Author: Oliver Shin
10. Ready Made Meals, Home Delivered By Dineamic
11. There Is Still Time To Get In The Halloween Spirit!
Author: Chris Ingallina
12. 5 Top Drinks To Try This Winter If You Are In Uk
Author: Lily Alvin
13. Food Truck Catering – Finger Food Perth Can Make Your Guests Satisfied In A Unique Way
Author: Michael Wickham
14. Craft Brews Get The Most Attention
Author: Tod Henry
15. The Importance Of Hiring A Qualified Los Angeles Event Planner
Author: Daniel Chapman