ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Differentiates Gastric Bypass Surgery From Other Weight Loss Surgeries?
Total Articles: 460
Although gastric bypass is also a weight loss surgery, it is different from the other weight loss surgeries such as gastric lap band and gastric sleeve. Gastric bypass is more invasive in nature, and is more effective when compared to other surgical solutions. For example, it not only significantly reduces the size of the stomach, but also ensures that the digestive system absorbs comparatively less nutrients (it is done by surgically bypassing a certain length of the small intestine).
Lap band, unlike gastric bypass surgery, is the least invasive weight loss procedure; herein, surgeons tighten a silicone-filled band around the upper part of the stomach. This band is adjustable, and can be removed later, if desired. So, you can see that this surgery doesn’t require any amputations of your stomach, and small intestine. Sleeve surgery, though, involves cutting off a large portion of the stomach, and is irreversible in nature. However, surgeons do not amputate the small intestine.
So, did you see the difference? gastric bypass surgery in India is more intense and invasive than the other weight loss surgeries. And, it is also more effective when it comes to inducing weight loss in the patient. However, weight loss doesn’t only depend on the type of surgery you undergo, but also gets affected by diet and exercise post-surgery. Your doctor and care team will give you a better idea on these things.
The bariatric surgery cost in India is incredibly low (when you compare this cost with what the hospitals in UK and US charge). This is one of the biggest reasons millions of weight loss surgery patients visit the country every year. However, before you decide the hospital and the surgeon, check whether your insurance policy covers the treatment.
Just because you’re fat doesn’t mean you’re eligible for a gastric bypass surgery in India. Your medical history as well as current health condition will be checked by your doctor; only when everything turns out in your favour, you’ll qualify for the surgery.
Weight loss surgery in India, like all other surgeries, may cause some complications, such as bleeding, infection, and hemorrhage. So, it’s best to sit with the doctor for a thoughtful discussion, so that you can make an informed decision. Last, but not the least, since gastric bypass involves both amputation of stomach and small intestine, your recovery will largely depend on the hospital and surgeon you select, and how well you stick to the suggested routines by your care team.
Dr Atul Peters is a widely known bariatric surgeon in India. He hasn’t only treated countless domestic patients, but also helped international patients get the most out of weight loss surgery in India. He is a specialist in weight loss surgeries, and can be reached for any type of weight loss surgery in India.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel