ALL >> Health >> View Article
Cosmetic Dentistry And Related Procedures
Total Articles: 136
People of today are very much conscious on how they look. Some people are vain while some are just your typical and ordinary people who care less about their appearance. But, most people often judge you by the way you look. They look into your hairstyle, make-up, clothes and even the accessories you wear are the subject to their ever fault-finding eyes.
That is why a lot of people also resort to cosmetic surgery. They alter their looks so they would look and feel beautiful. They are willing to go under the knife just to achieve a perfect face or body they want.
One of the most popular trends nowadays is cosmetic dentistry. They say that a winning smile is a smile of perfect-white, even and no-gap teeth. And for you to have perfect-white teeth, a cosmetic dentist is all that you need.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry? Are you familiar with such profession? Well, Cosmetic dentistry is the science and the art of any dental work with the purpose of improving the appearance of a person’s gums, teeth and bite for an attractive smile. This is done with the use of state-of-the-art equipment, materials and techniques to get the winning smile a person deserves.
A lot of dentists call themselves ‘cosmetic dentists’ not considering their specialty, training, experience and even education in this career. Cosmetic dentists are people who vowed to make people’s smile beautiful and attractive. And the dental procedure is called cosmetic dentistry.
Below are the different types of cosmetic dentistry procedures:
1. Teeth Whitening or Bleaching
Home Bleaching - the patient is required to wear a soft and thin bleaching tray in the mouth for about 2-3 hours every day. Whiter teeth will be seen after about 4-6 weeks of continuously using it.
In-Office Bleaching – this is done by using a concentrated bleach product applied on teeth. A bright light placed inside the mouth is used for an hour and you will see instant result here.
(*Although bleaching teeth has its advantages, it also poses risk to a person who is undergoing such treatment. This includes sensitivity of the teeth to changes in temperature.)
2. Tooth Colour Fillings – the three kinds of fillings: chair-side bonded resins, lab-processed composite resins and lab-fabricated porcelains.
3. Porcelain Crowns – used when tooth cannot be restored anymore porcelain clay.
4. Porcelain Veneers – used for different cosmetic practice for a better smile. It uses pieces of an egg-shell porcelain which slide over your teeth to provide a new look and an improved smile.
5. Bonding – a procedure in which an enamel-like material is applied on the surface of the tooth, hardened then sculpted and polished.
6. Dental Bridges – these are false teeth which are put together between porcelain crowns to fill the missing teeth in some areas in the mouth.
If you are one of the few people who values your looks that much, you belong to the group where vain is the name of the game. If you want to look beautiful and stunning, might as well face the mirror and check if your teeth are not broken, stained or uneven, because if you have problems like that, a cosmetic dentist is what you need to look for.
These minor flaws are actually easy to correct. Just visit and speak to a cosmetic dentist near you and your problems will be solved in no time.
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat