ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Hardwood Flooring
Total Articles: 136
Hardwood floors are solid materials from a timber and are milled to make planks. These hardwood floorings add up to the stylishness of your home that cannot be surpassed by carpeting or tiles. More often than not, these hardwood flooring are quite expensive than tiles or carpets, but it surely sustain areas that are always in use.
There are certain types of hardwood flooring which include engineered, acrylic impregnated and solid.
Solid hardwood flooring is the preferred and common type of flooring for houses with basements. This is the best choice if you want to keep these hardwood floors by twenty years or longer.
Engineered hardwood floors are inexpensive that is why it is popular. It is made up of two layers or more in plank form. The layer on top is called ‘lamella,’ the visible part when the flooring is placed and glued to the floor.
3. Acrylic impregnated hardwood floors are alike to engineered hardwood floors. The only variation lies in the planks in which these planks are infused with high potency acrylic solution. These are usually found in stores, malls or restaurants.
If you want your home to be installed with hardwood flooring, you have to consider a lot of things. Considerations such as the location, the decor and the conditions that may affect the flooring should be known first before installing wood flooring.
Wood floor connections have three diverse styles: parquet, strip and plank. Parquet is the extravagant and expensive among the three styles due to the reason that these parquet are made in geometric designs and patterns. Strip wood flooring is joined together with a ‘tongue-and-groove’ structure. Plank is the same to strip hardwood but it comes in bigger sizes.
Wood can be produced and manufactured using a variety of systems:
1. Tongue-and-groove – groove is found at one side and at one end while the tongue can be found on the other side and the other end of the wood. When joined, they fit perfectly and cannot be seen anymore.
2. ‘Click’ Systems – this is a bit similar to ‘tongue-and-groove’ only the ‘click’ system is ‘tapped’ in to fit in the modified groove without using glue or adhesive.
3. Floor Connection Structure – this allows two different materials to be joined together like wood and metal. The main rule is to have four grooves on the plank’s four sides, with an unconnected and separate piece that is to be inserted in the grooves.
4. Glue-down Method – used for installing solid parquet floors on sub-floors of concrete material.
There are two finishes of wood flooring that are popular today, the oil-modified and the water-based finish. Both these finishes have different maintenance schemes and refinishing. Sanding on the other hand is the smoothing of floor that has been installed and for the sub-floor unevenness. It is also done to make old floors appear like new again. Sandpaper is necessary to remove scratches.
Maintenance of hardwood flooring is easy. You just need to maintain the cleanliness and good appearance of the floor by sweeping regularly, vacuuming and mopping with damp cloth. Soaps which are oil based should be avoided when cleaning the floors. The best way to maintain the look of the floor is to use the suggested cleaning products by the manufacturer. And not like the tiles or carpet, hardwoods flooring does not collect soil or gather stinky compounds.
But before you decide on buying hardwood flooring, you might need to consult a professional first. These professionals can help you choose the better options you need. You can also ask for the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of the flooring. When choosing hardwood flooring, you should plan well and commit to the details you want to achieve.
See more information about finding the best hardwood floors in Virginia, visit the following links: mullican hardwood Purcellville VA, mullican hardwood Reston VA.
Visit our website at http://www.abbeydesigncenter.com/
Home and Garden Articles1. Enjoy The End Of Lease Cleaning Services Sydney
2. Eight Favorite Lawns In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
3. Facing A Challenge With Small Bathrooms? Check Out These Tips!
Author: sunita arvind
4. What Can You Expect With The Best Landscaping Services Mornington Peninsula?
Author: Rickey Austin
5. 8 Things That You Should Clean Every Day
Author: Mike Aurtho
6. Hire The Most Experienced Exterior Painting Experts In Charlotte
Author: Anu Walia
7. Create A Unique And Modern Look With A Drum Coffee Table
Author: Kim Thompson
8. Painting Tips For Making A Mississauga Home Sale-friendly Before You Sell It
Author: Chris Dgate
9. Few Must Know Tips If You Want To Avoid Failure In Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
10. Landscaping Contractors Can Help You In Beautifying Your Garden
Author: Anu Walia
11. Know How Safe Your Home Cleaning Products Are
Author: Christopher Schwab
12. Modern Stained Glass Floor And Table Lamps Enhances Beauty Of Your House
Author: Lorna Wingfield
13. Why Should You Use The Glass Balcony Balustrades For Your New Home
Author: John Carlos
14. What Makes Designer Furniture Of Perth A Stand Out
Author: Kai Baxter
15. Termite Control Penrith- Expectation Vs. Reality
Author: Alicia Brett