ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Hardwood Flooring
Total Articles: 137
Hardwood floors are solid materials from a timber and are milled to make planks. These hardwood floorings add up to the stylishness of your home that cannot be surpassed by carpeting or tiles. More often than not, these hardwood flooring are quite expensive than tiles or carpets, but it surely sustain areas that are always in use.
There are certain types of hardwood flooring which include engineered, acrylic impregnated and solid.
Solid hardwood flooring is the preferred and common type of flooring for houses with basements. This is the best choice if you want to keep these hardwood floors by twenty years or longer.
Engineered hardwood floors are inexpensive that is why it is popular. It is made up of two layers or more in plank form. The layer on top is called ‘lamella,’ the visible part when the flooring is placed and glued to the floor.
3. Acrylic impregnated hardwood floors are alike to engineered hardwood floors. The only variation lies in the planks in which these planks are infused with high potency acrylic solution. These are usually found in stores, malls or restaurants.
If you want your home to be installed with hardwood flooring, you have to consider a lot of things. Considerations such as the location, the decor and the conditions that may affect the flooring should be known first before installing wood flooring.
Wood floor connections have three diverse styles: parquet, strip and plank. Parquet is the extravagant and expensive among the three styles due to the reason that these parquet are made in geometric designs and patterns. Strip wood flooring is joined together with a ‘tongue-and-groove’ structure. Plank is the same to strip hardwood but it comes in bigger sizes.
Wood can be produced and manufactured using a variety of systems:
1. Tongue-and-groove – groove is found at one side and at one end while the tongue can be found on the other side and the other end of the wood. When joined, they fit perfectly and cannot be seen anymore.
2. ‘Click’ Systems – this is a bit similar to ‘tongue-and-groove’ only the ‘click’ system is ‘tapped’ in to fit in the modified groove without using glue or adhesive.
3. Floor Connection Structure – this allows two different materials to be joined together like wood and metal. The main rule is to have four grooves on the plank’s four sides, with an unconnected and separate piece that is to be inserted in the grooves.
4. Glue-down Method – used for installing solid parquet floors on sub-floors of concrete material.
There are two finishes of wood flooring that are popular today, the oil-modified and the water-based finish. Both these finishes have different maintenance schemes and refinishing. Sanding on the other hand is the smoothing of floor that has been installed and for the sub-floor unevenness. It is also done to make old floors appear like new again. Sandpaper is necessary to remove scratches.
Maintenance of hardwood flooring is easy. You just need to maintain the cleanliness and good appearance of the floor by sweeping regularly, vacuuming and mopping with damp cloth. Soaps which are oil based should be avoided when cleaning the floors. The best way to maintain the look of the floor is to use the suggested cleaning products by the manufacturer. And not like the tiles or carpet, hardwoods flooring does not collect soil or gather stinky compounds.
But before you decide on buying hardwood flooring, you might need to consult a professional first. These professionals can help you choose the better options you need. You can also ask for the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of the flooring. When choosing hardwood flooring, you should plan well and commit to the details you want to achieve.
See more information about finding the best hardwood floors in Virginia, visit the following links: mullican hardwood Purcellville VA, mullican hardwood Reston VA.
Visit our website at http://www.abbeydesigncenter.com/
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Steps You Must Take Today To Ensure Your Rugs Aren’t Ruined
Author: Mike Aurtho
2. Vanities From Repurposed Furniture
Author: Litts Plumbing
3. 4 Low-maintenance Kitchen Countertops That Can Stand The Kitchen Heat
Author: Christine Delongte
4. Buy Quality Industrial Coolers Online India To Maintain Cool And Fresh Airflow In The Industrial Fac
5. Most Professional And Renowned Residential And Commercial Plumbing Contractors
Author: Jack Ronald
6. House Cleaning Is An Imperative Task To Do
Author: Monika Zuzanska
7. 4 Benefits Of Curtains, Every Homeowner Should Know
Author: Nupur Tiwari
8. Cleaning Services Without Polluting The Environment
Author: Monika Zuzanska
9. The Commercial Gas Repair Sunshine Coast Is Your One Stop Shop To Resolve All Gas System Problems
10. Barnyard Dance In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
11. Pros And Cons Of Replacing A Bathtub With A Shower
Author: Mary Morris
12. Kitchen Remodel Tips To Help You Achieve Your Dream Kitchen
Author: Mary Morris
13. 10-point Guide For Choosing Reliable Residential Cleaning Services
Author: Luckie Maid
14. Method For Pest Controlling
Author: Vivek Suthar
15. Hire A Professional To Get Spotless House Cleaning Services
Author: Ethan Symes