ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Various Challenges In Android App Development
Total Articles: 47
Android is an open source and free mobile device operating system which is now enjoying the maximum market share. Also most of the Smartphone manufacturers are using Android operating system for their devices hence, making it the most widespread and the most sold operating system in the world. The open source and free nature of the operating system is the reason behind its huge popularity. This has caused a number of programmers around the world to try their hands on Android application development. Google Play is now flourished with apps and widgets which also contribute to the popularity of the platform. It is eventually good news for app developers as well as businesses. This is the reason why developers are now considering android app development as a lucrative career. These advantages of android app development also come with certain development limitations and challenges.
Below, I have mentioned a set of challenges that might occur during the development process
Ubiquitous Android presence has led to app development market to get bigger every day. Google marketplace or the Google Play and Amazon app store is now flourished with applications of all possible categories and domains. This Android extravaganza has created some development challenges for the developers.
• Almost all Smartphone manufacturers use Android operating system for their devices. This has led developers to build apps to fit a wide set of hardware and screen sizes. Hence, features and libraries get deleted and modified leading to increase in fragmentation issues.
• Google doesn’t impose any strong usage policies. Developers are free to modify and tweak the operating system that suits their development needs. This open approach of the platform has given the freedom to any programmers to try their skills on Android application development. Hence, leaving the application store with a lot of buggy apps.
• Android’s frequent release of OS versions has left the platform with a lot of compatibility issues with the operating system as well as varying hardware configuration. Developing application supporting all screen sizes and hardware as well as versions is a major headache for the developers to developer same performance across all devices.
• When the app is set for commercialization, developers have to pay Google a fee in advance for the app to be published. Google would examine the app to detect any possible malware and remove it. This process may sometimes cause delay on the publishing of application.
• Single application might not meet all the business requirements. Hence, it has to be built for multiple devices running different version of Android. This diversity might cause certain developmental issues however; today’s modern hardware is more flexible in running multiple Android versions.
When thinking of monetizing an app, developers must run some sort of research on similar application which already exists. They should formulate a strategy to promote and commercialize their application.
In spite of these limitations Android is still the most preferred mobile app development platform by the Android developer. Being the most widespread mobile platform, it offers the right opportunity to the businesses to reach a wider audience in a short span of time.
Jay Dee works as an Android Application Developer, which is a part of Andolasoft. Many of his articles showcases the contribution outsourcing has brought into the arena of Ruby on rails development, iPhone application development, CakePHP Development and Android application development. For more Information please visit www.andolasoft.com
Computers Articles1. Why Should You Invest In A Ricoh Duplex Printer?
Author: Ricoh india
2. Microsoft Office 2016 Promo Code Every New Upgrade Makes Your Life Lot Easier
Author: Christine Bleakley
3. The General Reasons Of Data Loss Of A Computer
Author: Alex Stylis
4. Tips On Selecting The Right Customer Relationship Management System
5. Hadoop Big Data Usability Tools And Methods
Author: MindQ Systems
6. The Advantages Of Electronic Batch Invoicing For Business Entities
Author: Jason Legg
7. What Can Microsoft Azure Do?
8. Warning: Google May Close Gmail Service On Your Computer
Author: Paul Smith
9. The Benefits Of Virtual Desktop As A Service
Author: cyber Link
10. Find Professionals For Best Script Design That Enhances Your Business Presence Online
11. Are You Searching For A Computer Repair Shop Near Me To Repair Your Systems?
12. Find Best Templates Hyip From Professionals To Make Your Mark Online
13. Computer Repair Salem Ma Offer Comprehensive Solutions On A Single Platform
14. Private Investigator Milwaukee Helps To Find The Truth Behind Your Suspicion
15. Easy Solutions To Some Common Computer Problems
Author: Best Online Computer Repair, PC Support USA.