ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
The Importance Of Health Insurance For A Hepatitis C Patient
Total Articles: 51
Hepatitis C is a very serious disease. More than 11,000 people diagnosed with hepatitis C, die each year. The insidious reality about this disease is that a person may live for many years without knowing that they are infected by it. Hepatitis C is caused by a virus which infects the liver. If it is not treated properly or proper treatment is not given, it can result in permanent liver damage, liver failure, cancer and cirrhosis. Most people are not aware that they have the disease, unless they undergo a medical checkup. However, the diagnosis can take place many years after the person has been infected. Once a person has been infected, the disease may last for a couple of months or it might just last a lifetime too.
According to the duration, hepatitis C is categorized into two types- acute and chronic. Acute hepatitis C can develop into chronic type, if it is not medically treated. Though, the chronic type is very dangerous, there are plenty of people who manage to lead normal lives. The illness is contagious but, it is not airborne; it spreads through blood. Some of the fastest ways of contacting the infection are listed below:
• The most common and prevalent way of spreading the disease is through the sharing of needles. Drug addicts use the same syringe to inject illicit drugs.
• Doses given through needles with infected blood on it. Though, the use of disposable injections are promoted, there are plenty who still rely on the use of old needles. Using the same needle for one and more patients is one of the fastest ways of spreading the illness.
• Blood transfusions and organ transplants are the fastest ways of spreading the infection. Until very recently, the blood and organs which were donated were not checked for any contaminations. However, even today, there are plenty of people who contact infections through blood and organ transplants.
• Contamination through tattoos and piercings are also a possibility but, they are rare.
Hepatitis C can be treated and a person can continue to live a normal life. However, the treatment is expensive and it is a prolonged procedure. Even if you do not have the funds to support your treatment, enrolling in hepatitis C health insurance policy can solve the problem. An insurance policy covers more than half the cost of the medical bill. Moreover, a certain sum of money is also provided from the insurance companies to cover the cost of prescription medication.
A hepatitis C health insurance policy will only cover the cost of the medical treatment intended for the specific disease. As it has been mentioned earlier, the illness can also cause other ailments like cancer. In a situation like this, enrolling in health insurance with pre-existing conditions is advisable. An insurance policy of this kind will cover the cost of the primary sickness and the secondary ones caused by it too. There are numerous insurance companies from where you can acquire these policies. The premium rates are also very affordable.
A hepatitis C health insurance can help a person to get the best treatment, without having to worry about the finances. In case, the premium rates are a problem; there are affordable health insurance policies also available.
Insurance Articles1. Some Important Tips To Know About Weekly Car Insurance
Author: Charlene Hubbard
2. Investing In Ulip’s – Is It A Good Idea?
Author: Ekta Kariya
3. Why You Can't Do Without Life Insurance?
Author: Absolute Value Insurance
4. How Can You Customize Medical Insurance Plans For Your Family?
5. Work With The Right Mortgage Broker
Author: Horace Edwin
6. Home Mortgage Advice - Do You Qualify?
Author: Gilbert Martin
7. Are You In Need Of Northampton Mortgage And Financing Advice?
Author: Joseph Frank
8. Should You Buy Used Cars Greensboro Nc
9. Advantages Of North Carolina State Credit Union
10. Why Join North Carolina Credit Union
11. The Mortgage Adviser North London Can Help You Find The Best Deals Within No Time
12. Vital Factors To Consider When Selecting Best Health Insurance For Foreigners
Author: Alzbeta berka
13. Reasons To Contact Public Insurance Adjusters In Philadelphia For Help
14. Why Is It Advisable To Avail A Critical Illness Insurance
15. 5 Reasons Why Ulips Are One Of The Best Tax-saving Instruments
Author: Edelweiss Tokio