ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
The Importance Of Health Insurance For A Hepatitis C Patient
Total Articles: 51
Hepatitis C is a very serious disease. More than 11,000 people diagnosed with hepatitis C, die each year. The insidious reality about this disease is that a person may live for many years without knowing that they are infected by it. Hepatitis C is caused by a virus which infects the liver. If it is not treated properly or proper treatment is not given, it can result in permanent liver damage, liver failure, cancer and cirrhosis. Most people are not aware that they have the disease, unless they undergo a medical checkup. However, the diagnosis can take place many years after the person has been infected. Once a person has been infected, the disease may last for a couple of months or it might just last a lifetime too.
According to the duration, hepatitis C is categorized into two types- acute and chronic. Acute hepatitis C can develop into chronic type, if it is not medically treated. Though, the chronic type is very dangerous, there are plenty of people who manage to lead normal lives. The illness is contagious but, it is not airborne; it spreads through blood. Some of the fastest ways of contacting the infection are listed below:
• The most common and prevalent way of spreading the disease is through the sharing of needles. Drug addicts use the same syringe to inject illicit drugs.
• Doses given through needles with infected blood on it. Though, the use of disposable injections are promoted, there are plenty who still rely on the use of old needles. Using the same needle for one and more patients is one of the fastest ways of spreading the illness.
• Blood transfusions and organ transplants are the fastest ways of spreading the infection. Until very recently, the blood and organs which were donated were not checked for any contaminations. However, even today, there are plenty of people who contact infections through blood and organ transplants.
• Contamination through tattoos and piercings are also a possibility but, they are rare.
Hepatitis C can be treated and a person can continue to live a normal life. However, the treatment is expensive and it is a prolonged procedure. Even if you do not have the funds to support your treatment, enrolling in hepatitis C health insurance policy can solve the problem. An insurance policy covers more than half the cost of the medical bill. Moreover, a certain sum of money is also provided from the insurance companies to cover the cost of prescription medication.
A hepatitis C health insurance policy will only cover the cost of the medical treatment intended for the specific disease. As it has been mentioned earlier, the illness can also cause other ailments like cancer. In a situation like this, enrolling in health insurance with pre-existing conditions is advisable. An insurance policy of this kind will cover the cost of the primary sickness and the secondary ones caused by it too. There are numerous insurance companies from where you can acquire these policies. The premium rates are also very affordable.
A hepatitis C health insurance can help a person to get the best treatment, without having to worry about the finances. In case, the premium rates are a problem; there are affordable health insurance policies also available.
Insurance Articles1. Infoglobaldata Launches Accurate And Verified Database Of 128,132 Insurance Agents Email List
Author: Mark Griffith
2. Why Your Parents Need A Separate Health Insurance Plan
Author: Willie Gunn
3. Professional Mortgage Loan Advisors Can Help You Choose The Best Deal Suitable For Your Financial Ne
4. Select The Best Personal Loan In Pakistan
Author: Muhammad Waqar Asghar
5. 5 Tips From Miami Nationwide Auto Insurance Providers
6. Things To Know About Travel Insurance An Effortless Way To Safeguard Your Trip
Author: James felix
7. Top 5 Tips To Compare Funeral Insurance Rates
Author: Funeral Insurance NZ
8. Property Insurance Claims New Jersey: Areas To Cover And Points To Note
9. Ambulance Cover In Australia | Ambulance Insurance | Iselect
10. Overseas Visitor Cover In Australia | Visitor Insurance | Iselect
11. An Affordable Auto Insurance California Leads To A Secure Future
12. Road Rash: 10 Random Car Facts You Didn't Know
Author: Pranavi Jain
13. 5 Tips On Reducing Auto And Boat Insurance Premiums
14. Private Health Patients Have Waiting Lists Half The Length Of The Public System
15. Important Considerations To Review Before Purchasing A Covered California Insurance Plan
Author: Sandra Pianalto