ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Multiple Choice Test Correction Using Existing Mfp’s
Total Articles: 6
Today, the correction of a multiple choice question test is accomplished by using a PC as a grade machine which uses OMR software to determine which bubbles on the bubble answer sheet are marked by the student. The OMR software must compare the student’s answers against the master answer sheet to accomplish the grading of the test. In the past, the exam scoring was done using test answer sheets which were purchased from an exam correction vender who used a proprietary scoring machine and this cost a lot of money. Today, the schools often have already leased several Multi-Function Printers (MFP) that have a copy machine on top which is an excellent scanner, and it will also function using OMR software as a test scoring machine. But, schools do not realize that they got a very good scanner when they leased their MFP printers.
Traditionally schools have considered the cost of purchasing the test answer sheet as a necessary operating cost for the school and they expected that the scoring machine costs would never change. That is no longer the situation. Schools can now print their own answer sheets for the students and use their existing (already leased) MFP’s to scan the images of the marked answer sheets and then use the grading software to do the exam scoring. The OMR software is the same data collection software used for survey applications and it is very reliable and fast. The MFP scanner feeders can often feed at 40 sheets per minute. What is surprising is that the leasing cost of the MFP usually does not measure or charge extra for use of the scanner. Therefore the use of the scanner is free on the lease of the MFP.
The traditional proprietary scoring machine was very limited in the information that it could provide which was simply the grading of a test with a score for each student. But, the modern OMR software test grader can also provide scores on groups of questions and a detailed analytical report with a summary of the entire test results that includes every answer to every question on the multiple choice testing exam. The teacher’s job of exam scoring has just become a great deal easier with the modern OMR software which runs on a regular Windows based PC. Check out the PrintScanScore® grading software at zip-scan to better understand what can be accomplished through the use of modern technology.
Hardware/Software Articles1. How To Create Photo Identity Cards In Various Industries Using Id Card Maker Software
2. Quick Laptop Repair Leeds With 12-month Warranty – Lenovo Repairer
3. Printable Photo Id Badges Maker: How To Design Id Cards In Various Organizations
4. Quick Ps4 Repair Leeds With 12-month Warranty – Playstation Repairer
5. Quick Ps4 Repair Belfast With 12-month Warranty – Playstation Repairer
6. Laptop Screen Repair Belfast – Lenovo Repairer
7. Visitor Management Software: How To Make Visitor Gate Pass Or Id Card And Manage All Visitor Record
8. Laptop Screen Repair Bristol With Warranty – Lenovo Repairer
9. Playstation 4 Repair Bristol With Warranty – Playstation Repairer
10. How To Build Best Cms Website
11. School Photo Id Badges Maker: How To Design Student Id Cards In Educational Institutions
12. Affordable Playstation 3 Repair Bristol – Playstation Repairer
13. How To Design Multiple Identity Cards Using Id Card Batch Processing Software
14. Playstation 3 Repair Bristol – Playstation Repairer
15. Quick Laptop Screen Repair Liverpool – Lenovo Repairer