ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Upcoming Trends In The Us Mobile Apps Industry
Total Articles: 304
Mobile phones have ruled over the communication world for more than a decade now and helped millions in shaping their lives according to their preferences. Continuous advancements in mobile phone industry led to the birth of smart phones and since then, the entire world has changed its outlook about using mobile phones. This was followed by a different technology called apps, which emerged as a major change maker in the lives of smart phone users. These apps were invented to simplify the daily tasks of the users. The Google maps app is the biggest as it helped in navigating over a virtual map to trace the way to your location. Similarly, there were business apps like Dropbox and Google drive to help business owners and CEOs in shedding off their workload. Watching the current trend in the mobile apps business, we can assume that best is yet to come and the things that we are witnessing at present is just the preview of the future. Let us see the 13 most popular trends that are expected in the future of mobile apps in the US.
1. A study claimed that usage of mobile Internet grew from 1 percent in 2009 to 15 percent in 2013. If said in simple terms, number of people using mobile Internet has grown drastically in last 4 years. Experts say that the arrival of smart phones is the main reason behind it.
2. It is expected by IDA Worldwide New Media Marketing Model-2012 that by 2016, the number of mobile users in the US will increase from 174 million to 265 million.
3. By the same time, people using desktops and laptops to access the Internet will decline from 240 million to 225 million.
4. KPCB Internet Trend Report 2013 reveals that the number of smart phone users in the US is growing with the rate of 28 percent. The same report says that an average US smart phone user checks his phone for around 150 times a day.
5. Another report says that those who have smart phones spend more time on their mobiles as compared to those using it just for accessing the web.
6. A report released by Gartner says that by 2015, the mobile app developing projects will supersede app making for PCs by the proportion of 4:1.
7. At present, more than 29 percent adults in the US own a tablet or an E-Reader. This count was just 2 percent in 2009.
8. KPCB Internet Trends Report 2013 reveals that 140 million iPads were shipped in the first 12 quarters of its launch as compared to 50 million iPhones in the first 12 quarters of its launch.
9. IDS Developer Survey 2013 reports that the percentage of apps developers for smart phones and tablets will be same in coming 6 months. 81.34 percent apps developers will build apps for tablets and similar devices whereas, 84 percent will develop smart phones apps.
10. The development of business apps has gained momentum and it grew from 29.3 percent in 2010 to 42.7 percent in 2013.
11. Gartner predicts that by 2017, more than 90 percent enterprise apps will be compatible with mobile and desktops both, which is 20 percent currently.
12. 63 percent app developers say in IDC Developer Survey 2012 that they had to sharpen their enterprise apps developing skills as the demand for enterprise apps has suddenly increased in the US.
13. According to a survey conducted by Cisco Systems, 76 percent business owners say that the use of apps has augmented employee responsiveness and decision making capability.
With these data, it is apparent that mobile apps technology has much more to display than what we have imagined until now. This trend is expected to run beyond 2017 and hence, we should stay prepared to live in a world managed and run by smart phones and apps.
The author is associate with one of the best enterprise application development company. The team of iOS, iPad developers, Android and iPhone developer Dallas Texas has created over 300 applications on major mobile platforms.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. The Rise Of Led Video Walls
Author: Jamie Eliott
2. Motorolarepairing.uk – Motorola Repair Service Centre Uk
3. Sony Playstation Planning For Big Changes
4. Want To Make The Best Advantage Of Your Traffic, Try Load Balancing
Author: Daniel Padilla
5. Icv Software For Business- Increasing Productivity For Long Term Business Success
Author: Jessica E Taylor
6. Htc Screen Repair London/htcrepairing.uk
7. Issues And Fixes For Hp Laptops & Computers In The Uk
Author: Angel Smith
8. Professional Multibrand Mobile Phone Repair Centre In The Uk
9. Htc Onem8 Screen Replacement Edinburgh/htcrepairing.uk
10. Issue Resolved For Xbox One S Error Code 107
11. Top 4 Us Tech Support Service Companies
12. Best Htc Repair Centre Newcastle
13. Html5 Website Builders Useful For Web Developers
Author: Amit Kumawat
14. Issues And Fixes For Tablet Repair Services In The Uk
Author: Angel Smith
15. Nokia Lumia 735 Screen Replacement Cardiff