ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
London - Top Ipo Market In 2013
Total Articles: 7
A close watch for Q4 2012 has exposed a more hopeful outlook for Europe’s IPO market. Data shows seven-fold increase on IPO as compared to the same quarter in the previous year. With the London top IPO markets, large number of companies is declaring their willingness to float since the start of 2013.Hence, there has been remarkable increase in IPO activity. According to Sophie Rooke, capital markets director at PwC in the Midlands, says “This is an exciting development that could help to inject life back into the IPO marketplace by creating an opportunity for fast-growth corporate in the region to raise finance on the main market. Equity finance is benefiting from growing investor interest and achieving a listing means businesses can go back to the market to raise more funds as and when they are needed.”
London Stock exchange has decided to introduce a new high growth Segment for companies seeking equity investment to fund their growth plans, this in turn will act as a catalyst to freshen up region’s IPO market, says PwC
PwC IPO Watch survey found that 70 IPOs raised €7.5bn in Q4 2012 compared with 78 IPOs raising €0.9bn in Q4 2011.
The companies which dominated in this quarter were IPOs of Direct Line and Megafon in London and Talanx and Telefónica Deutschland in Germany which accounted for 57% of the proceeds rose in the quarter. With the amount of surprise, these IPOs have also performed well in the aftermarket.
According to the report published by Earnst and young, as a result in the betterment of equity markets and increasing belief in the global macroeconomic stability, Global IPO issuance saw a strong open in 2013. David Vaughan, IPO leader for UK and Ireland in Earnst and young said out of 14 companies entering into market (in the second quarter), 5 were non-UK domiciled.
Earnst and young also reported that in the Private Equity-backed space, in the last few months there has been gradual increase. In Q1, across 30 separate listings, sponsored deals raised US$7.1b, up 31% from Q4 2012. Month of March was active, which added 62% of proceeds and more than two-thirds of IPOs. Consistent with broader market trends, EMEA saw strong Private Equity activity in Q1 — the US$3.4b raised in IPOs in the region has already more than doubled the US$1.3b raised for all of last year.
Richard Weaver, capital markets partner, PwC said, “Despite major challenges faced in economic and political conditions in Europe, the outlook for IPOs is more optimistic than we’ve seen for a long time.
“Whilst London retained its number one position in Europe for money raised, IPO activity returned to a number of the major European exchanges in the final quarter of 2012 with the IPO of Telefónica Deutschland being the largest IPO on the Deutsche Börse for 5 years.”
GSK Accountancy is well established accounting firm in London. Hire a London Accountants to fulfill your requirement.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Share Market Tips For Investing With Profit Aim Research
Author: Profit Aim
2. When Your Business Cannot Wait For Cash? Just Look For Invoice Factoring Financing To Begin Soaring
Author: Stephen Perl
3. On May 29, 2012, The U.s. Department Of Labor Issued Advisory Opinion 2012-04a.
Author: Terrance Power
4. Download Forex Robots To Make Consistent Profits In The Market
5. Get Assisted To Learn What It Takes To Qualify For No Credit Check Car Loan
Author: Mary Coleman
6. How Loans Allow Bad Credit Borrowers To Overcome Financial Uncertainties?
Author: Sara James
7. Insurance Within Super
8. Accomplish Your Social Security Retirement Benefits With Best Retirement Strategy Planner
9. The Most Important Things You Need To Know Before Choosing A Tax Preparation Or Financial Planning S
Author: Accounting Services
10. Classification Of Forex Bonuses
Author: John Arnold
11. What Are The Different Types Of Emi Calculator Available In The Financial Market?
Author: Neha Sharma
12. Profitable Promotions For Traders
Author: John Arnold
13. Useful Tips To Make Money By Trading For Future
Author: Henry James
14. Private Equity Research – A Basic Need For Investors
15. No Deposit Home Loan – Go For The Low Deposit Option!
Author: Mc Cutcheon