ALL >> Education >> View Article
Attention Grabbing Catch Phrases, And Why People Just Love Them
Total Articles: 41
A short while ago while I was sitting with a good friend of mine, we got onto the topic of family life. Inevitably, we were soon talking about our kids, and since we were having a lighthearted discussion, we ended up talking about the way kids often just say whatever they want. It is, in my opinion an endearing quality which humans lose as they age.
Kids really have a tendency to say it as it is, and quite often, we as parents can learn something from what they have to say. This is in fact what gave birth to a new catch phrase which I heard for the first time when talking to my friend. His kids had said something which obviously made him think, because out of the blue, he said, "They might be micro people, but they can pack a heavy punch".
This is just one example of totally unique attention grabbing phases, but let's not forget all those phrases which have been grabbing people's attention for countless years already. I don't for a minute doubt that every language has it's fair share on interesting phrases, but since English is a universal language, it's the English phrases that really grab my attention.
What always strikes me is the fact that in a language as extensive as the English language, a few phrases can convey your feelings regarding a particular topic far more than a whole bunch of words. For example, during my travels in Thailand, I frequently came across the phrase: Same same but different. Another popular phrase amongst foreigners living in the region is "No money, no honey" although to be honest, I think this is a phrase which would be relevant regardless of where about in the world you live.
Of course I can't quote many of the attention grabbing phrases I have heard because I seriously doubt Google would approve. These days, one has to make sure that everything you say is "politically correct" or else you could end up in serious trouble. Sadly, world events have resulted in people losing their sense of humor.
A catch phrase which would have resulted in plenty of laughter a few years ago, could very well get you into serious trouble these days. Sadly, we are no longer able to make lighthearted jokes, at least not publicly. That said; there are still countless phrases we can use, and with a little imagination, anyone can add to the growing number of phrases that never fail to turn heads or win deals.
For example, I was recently sitting with a group of friends when we, for no apparent reason, ended up discussing weight. Being a group of friends, the heavier ones were immediately targeted. Suddenly one of my friends looked at me, and said that I should stay out of the conversation because there's more meat on a butcher's pencil, meaning that I could do with a few more kilograms.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program