ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Use These Tips To Make Your Dog Behave
Total Articles: 280
Taking the time to train your dog is one of the most important things you can do for him. The effects will last a long time, and your dog will know what to expect from your family. This article is a great way for you to learn the importance of training a dog.
Put yourself in the dog's situation. It is easy to get frustrated with your dog if they are not learning very basic things quickly or at all. Don't give up! Think how they think instead. This can help you come up with new ideas on how to accomplish your training objectives.
Be sure to keep your dog active and engaged a great deal of the time. Boredom often befalls an inactive dog, or he may find himself in a "mutt rut" with a dull and listless routine. Bored dogs are harder to train. A happy and well-exercised dog is an easily trained dog. Regularly take a walk or run with your dog.
Keep your voice firm and level when delivering commands to your dog. They will know this tone of your voice and associate it with being in trouble. You should also work on developing different tones to use in different situations. For example, you can have a sharp one for disciplinary purposes, and a firm, but not-as-sharp one for simple commands.
Walking on a leash is a big step in your dog's training. This will assure that the two of you are safe when you are out on walks.
Avoid letting your dog have accidents when potty training. Watch your dog carefully and learn the signs that they need to go outside. If your dog is pacing or whining, you need to take them outside. When you know the cue, take action immediately. Get outside right away to the dog's favorite spot. Give him praise for proper toilet behavior. At some point, he will start asking to go out.
Be firm with your dog when training, for its own sake. Avoid yelling at your dog. It is important to be firm when issuing a reprimand and someone who adores them otherwise. This consistent interaction will lend toward a good relationship between you are your dog.
Maintain your dog's training throughout its lifetime. You should not stop training your dog at the end of their puppy stage. Reinforce the positive behaviors, reward your dog for being obedient and punish your dog for its bad behavior.
If you happen to be concerned with the dog's agility, take some time to research various breeds and find the one you prefer. Some breeds are just naturally more agile than others.
If you catch your puppy in the act of chewing on an inappropriate item, stop it right away. Redirecting your puppy towards a chew toy teaches him what is appropriate to chew on. This can prevent further damage to your possessions.
Dog training is a great investment. Without the advantages of proper training, a dog will overrun his home, reek havoc on his family and probably not be very wanted. You can avoid this by putting the tips in the above article to use to make your pet happy and obedient.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi