ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Use These Tips To Make Your Dog Behave
Taking the time to train your dog is one of the most important things you can do for him. The effects will last a long time, and your dog will know what to expect from your family. This article is a great way for you to learn the importance of training a dog.
Put yourself in the dog's situation. It is easy to get frustrated with your dog if they are not learning very basic things quickly or at all. Don't give up! Think how they think instead. This can help you come up with new ideas on how to accomplish your training objectives.
Be sure to keep your dog active and engaged a great deal of the time. Boredom often befalls an inactive dog, or he may find himself in a "mutt rut" with a dull and listless routine. Bored dogs are harder to train. A happy and well-exercised dog is an easily trained dog. Regularly take a walk or run with your dog.
Keep your voice firm and level when delivering commands to your dog. They will know this tone of your voice and associate it with being in trouble. You should also work on developing different tones to use in different situations. For example, you can have a sharp one for disciplinary purposes, and a firm, but not-as-sharp one for simple commands.
Walking on a leash is a big step in your dog's training. This will assure that the two of you are safe when you are out on walks.
Avoid letting your dog have accidents when potty training. Watch your dog carefully and learn the signs that they need to go outside. If your dog is pacing or whining, you need to take them outside. When you know the cue, take action immediately. Get outside right away to the dog's favorite spot. Give him praise for proper toilet behavior. At some point, he will start asking to go out.
Be firm with your dog when training, for its own sake. Avoid yelling at your dog. It is important to be firm when issuing a reprimand and someone who adores them otherwise. This consistent interaction will lend toward a good relationship between you are your dog.
Maintain your dog's training throughout its lifetime. You should not stop training your dog at the end of their puppy stage. Reinforce the positive behaviors, reward your dog for being obedient and punish your dog for its bad behavior.
If you happen to be concerned with the dog's agility, take some time to research various breeds and find the one you prefer. Some breeds are just naturally more agile than others.
If you catch your puppy in the act of chewing on an inappropriate item, stop it right away. Redirecting your puppy towards a chew toy teaches him what is appropriate to chew on. This can prevent further damage to your possessions.
Dog training is a great investment. Without the advantages of proper training, a dog will overrun his home, reek havoc on his family and probably not be very wanted. You can avoid this by putting the tips in the above article to use to make your pet happy and obedient.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald