ALL >> Business >> View Article
How Laser Module And Diode Works
Total Articles: 4
You may have used Laser Diode (also called as semiconductor diode) in your everyday events without even knowing how it actually works. From CD to DVD players, even all Laser printers, barcode readers etc use Laser module/ diode technology. Since from its invention (in 1962), it has been used in several commercial, industrial, even in scientific applications.
What is Laser Diode?
It is well known as semiconductor diode and injection diode. It is an electric component emits lights. Some of the types of diodes are LEDs, voltage regulation diodes, Zener diode, photo diode, PIN diode etc.
Basically, a laser module/ diode is similar to LEDs, they both are smaller in size, emit lights. However, the only disparity is the laser diode’s light is brighter and powerful. Unlike diode, LEDs produce incoherent light that is unorganized and diffused light.
The characteristics of light produced by laser are:
It emits a single color light.
It has more consistency
The ray of the light is sturdy and tight
How it works –
The laser has a terminal at one side that collects power from an energy source. The power enters the terminal, charges the positive end, and collides with the holes in the negative end, which eventually result the free of energy in form of lights.
All the lights produced come through a semiconductor layers are restricted within a narrow tunnel with mirrors at the end, which works as a waveguide. As photons bounce in the tunnel, it collides with the other charged electrons, which results emitting beams in a wide or cone-shaped manner.
Laser diode has a converge lens, which bends the beam turning it into very strong and tight ray.
As already said, laser diode is very small in size; hence, its power is relatively low. Making it dealing with all consumers’ electronic equipments to generate higher power, a group of diodes is used.
Its Uses –
Laser Modules / diodes are used in CD/DVD players. Various companies like Sony, Panasonic and other manufacturing companies use laser diodes.Laser diodes use one color, which is red. However, with the advanced technology, now it can create green and blue beams too. The blue-ray discs use this new technique.
So friend, this is all about laser module/ diode. As you have learned what laser diode is and how it works, next time you employ a laser pointer, watch a movie on your DVD / CD player, or purchase an item with a barcode, you would know laser module/ diode is at work.
Sourav is an experienced Freelancer writer from India currently working for http://www.opelus.com/ - Shop for individually OPELUS Technology Corporation is manufacturer of custom designed Laser Diode, Green Line Laser Module, Infrared Laser Module and many more.
Business Articles1. Why Indian Crafts Is A Best Company To Buy Furniture Online ?
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
2. How Does Digital Marketing Works? And What Is Importance Of Digital Marketing?
Author: MBHITECH Solutions
3. What To Know More About Outsourcing Accounting Services?
4. How To Manage The Accounting Service For Your Business?
5. Thermal Fluid Heat Transfer Systems
6. Employee Provident Fund, Labour Law, Employees State Insurance Consultant In Mumbai
Author: ATSCO Corporation
7. Top Mba Colleges In Jaipur
8. Android App Development Company In Usa, Android App Development Web Services, Android App Developmen
9. The Case For Growth Of Car Parking Tensile Structure In India
Author: Tensile Structure
10. Photocopier, Currency Counting Machines And Cctv Service Provider In Mumbai
Author: Amtech Enterprises
11. Why Opt For Custom Shipping Crates?
Author: Kurt Heimbrock
12. למעלה קבלני חיתוך בטון
13. Pain Management Doctors In San Antonio Texas
14. Regular Professional Mold Inspections Ottawa – Why Every Homeowner Should Consider
Author: Mark Simon
15. Online Class Help, My Online Class Help