ALL >> Business >> View Article
How Laser Module And Diode Works
Total Articles: 4
You may have used Laser Diode (also called as semiconductor diode) in your everyday events without even knowing how it actually works. From CD to DVD players, even all Laser printers, barcode readers etc use Laser module/ diode technology. Since from its invention (in 1962), it has been used in several commercial, industrial, even in scientific applications.
What is Laser Diode?
It is well known as semiconductor diode and injection diode. It is an electric component emits lights. Some of the types of diodes are LEDs, voltage regulation diodes, Zener diode, photo diode, PIN diode etc.
Basically, a laser module/ diode is similar to LEDs, they both are smaller in size, emit lights. However, the only disparity is the laser diode’s light is brighter and powerful. Unlike diode, LEDs produce incoherent light that is unorganized and diffused light.
The characteristics of light produced by laser are:
It emits a single color light.
It has more consistency
The ray of the light is sturdy and tight
How it works –
The laser has a terminal at one side that collects power from an energy source. The power enters the terminal, charges the positive end, and collides with the holes in the negative end, which eventually result the free of energy in form of lights.
All the lights produced come through a semiconductor layers are restricted within a narrow tunnel with mirrors at the end, which works as a waveguide. As photons bounce in the tunnel, it collides with the other charged electrons, which results emitting beams in a wide or cone-shaped manner.
Laser diode has a converge lens, which bends the beam turning it into very strong and tight ray.
As already said, laser diode is very small in size; hence, its power is relatively low. Making it dealing with all consumers’ electronic equipments to generate higher power, a group of diodes is used.
Its Uses –
Laser Modules / diodes are used in CD/DVD players. Various companies like Sony, Panasonic and other manufacturing companies use laser diodes.Laser diodes use one color, which is red. However, with the advanced technology, now it can create green and blue beams too. The blue-ray discs use this new technique.
So friend, this is all about laser module/ diode. As you have learned what laser diode is and how it works, next time you employ a laser pointer, watch a movie on your DVD / CD player, or purchase an item with a barcode, you would know laser module/ diode is at work.
Sourav is an experienced Freelancer writer from India currently working for http://www.opelus.com/ - Shop for individually OPELUS Technology Corporation is manufacturer of custom designed Laser Diode, Green Line Laser Module, Infrared Laser Module and many more.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining