ALL >> Business >> View Article
How Laser Module And Diode Works
Total Articles: 4
You may have used Laser Diode (also called as semiconductor diode) in your everyday events without even knowing how it actually works. From CD to DVD players, even all Laser printers, barcode readers etc use Laser module/ diode technology. Since from its invention (in 1962), it has been used in several commercial, industrial, even in scientific applications.
What is Laser Diode?
It is well known as semiconductor diode and injection diode. It is an electric component emits lights. Some of the types of diodes are LEDs, voltage regulation diodes, Zener diode, photo diode, PIN diode etc.
Basically, a laser module/ diode is similar to LEDs, they both are smaller in size, emit lights. However, the only disparity is the laser diode’s light is brighter and powerful. Unlike diode, LEDs produce incoherent light that is unorganized and diffused light.
The characteristics of light produced by laser are:
It emits a single color light.
It has more consistency
The ray of the light is sturdy and tight
How it works –
The laser has a terminal at one side that collects power from an energy source. The power enters the terminal, charges the positive end, and collides with the holes in the negative end, which eventually result the free of energy in form of lights.
All the lights produced come through a semiconductor layers are restricted within a narrow tunnel with mirrors at the end, which works as a waveguide. As photons bounce in the tunnel, it collides with the other charged electrons, which results emitting beams in a wide or cone-shaped manner.
Laser diode has a converge lens, which bends the beam turning it into very strong and tight ray.
As already said, laser diode is very small in size; hence, its power is relatively low. Making it dealing with all consumers’ electronic equipments to generate higher power, a group of diodes is used.
Its Uses –
Laser Modules / diodes are used in CD/DVD players. Various companies like Sony, Panasonic and other manufacturing companies use laser diodes.Laser diodes use one color, which is red. However, with the advanced technology, now it can create green and blue beams too. The blue-ray discs use this new technique.
So friend, this is all about laser module/ diode. As you have learned what laser diode is and how it works, next time you employ a laser pointer, watch a movie on your DVD / CD player, or purchase an item with a barcode, you would know laser module/ diode is at work.
Sourav is an experienced Freelancer writer from India currently working for http://www.opelus.com/ - Shop for individually OPELUS Technology Corporation is manufacturer of custom designed Laser Diode, Green Line Laser Module, Infrared Laser Module and many more.
Business Articles1. Retrofit Height Adjustable Desk
2. Bring In Professional Experts To Rule Out The Adverse Effects Of Fire Damage
Author: Ethan Lewis
3. Mp Breaking News –easily Know The Every Single Movement Happening Around Mp
4. Carbonated Soft Drink
5. Get The High Quality Patio That Will Make You Happy And Satisfied
Author: Carol Belanger
6. Get The Fitted Wardrobe That Will Make You Happiest In Your Room
Author: Kevin Gasser
7. Get The Right Training Room For Your Important Event
Author: Singapore training
8. Learn How To Get A Carport That Suits Your Needs
Author: Adam Greger
9. Contact Professional Company For Best Retaining Walls Adelaide Solutions
10. Choose Banc De Binary Broker For Opening An Account In Binary Options Trading Market
11. Medicos Venezolanos Para Trabajar En Ecuador, Foro Ecuador
12. Taking Care Of Your Floors During The Winter
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc. is a family owned and operated establishment. Barry Silverstein has over 38 y
13. Phen375 Vs Phenq Fat Burning Diet Pills Reviews Shocking Comparison Facts
14. Let’s Understand Real Estate Regulations Act [rera]
Author: Aksha Group
15. Various Benefits Of Using Silver Coated Copper Wires For Industrial Applications
Author: Nitin Pratap Singh.