ALL >> Legal >> View Article
How To Determine Which San Bernardino Child Custody Option Is Appropriate For You
Total Articles: 12
San Bernardino Child Custody proceedings are complex and require a lawyer that is familiar with local child custody laws. The finalization of your divorce is only the first step in this long and complicated process. The next step is determining whether you or your spouse should receive custody of your children.
How to Approach Child Custody
You both love your children. However, you both should consider whether the daily demands of life will allow you or your spouse to be present most often for the critical moments of their lives. Custody is not about who loves your children more; it is not a contest. However, in most custody cases, one or both spouses treat this hearing as though it is.
Choosing the Appropriate Option:
In terms of child custody, you have numerous choices. If you and your former spouse can make decisions together in regards to your child without conflict, you should first consider joint custody. Joint custody will allow you both to spend the same amount of time with your child and share custody. If you live in the same school district, you could alternate weeks easily.
If you believe that living with your former spouse could be detrimental to your child's well-being, you should acquire a protection order immediately. If your spouse has a history of drug or alcohol abuse, this is your first step to obtaining sole custody. Sole custody awards custody to one parent while the other parent is allowed visitation rights. If you acquire a protection order before the custody hearing, the judge will take this into consideration and may order supervision during your former spouse's visitation periods.
Physical custody is awarded to one parent. An advantage of this child custody type is that both parents may have equal time with the children. However, in order to receive physical custody both parents must live within the same city, in most cases. If you and your former spouse are incapable of getting along this is not an appropriate option. For this form of San Bernardino Child Custody to work both, you and your former spouse should remain civil at all times.
San Bernardino Child Custody proceedings are complex and require a lawyer that is familiar with local child custody laws. Visit us at Brocklawfirm.com.
Legal Articles1. How To Find Best Dui Lawyer In New Jersey
Author: Michael Curtis Greenberg
2. Legal Agreement Template
3. Bail Bonds Services Might Help Create A Stressful Time Easier
4. Answering The Question About The Working Of Immigration Lawyer
Author: Kri Law
5. All You Need To Know About The Truck Accidents Attorney
Author: Bkr Law
6. Why To Sought The Assistance Of Truck Accident Lawyer?
Author: Sgro Law
7. Is Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney/lawyer Really Necessary?
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
8. Be Served For The Better In Hiring Car Accident Attorney/lawyer
Author: JON ALAN LAFFERTY
9. Tips On How To Settle Your Slip And Fall Claim
10. Three Things To Look For In A Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Author: Marcus McGowan
11. How Oklahoma Business Lawyers Can Help You With Gun Trust Law
12. Arizona's Dog Bite Laws And How To Protect Yourself
13. Wrongful Death Attorney - How To File A Wrongful Death Claim
14. 7 Reasons Why Feizy Law Firm Has Got The Best Injury Attorney For Compensation In Dallas
Author: Nick Feizy
15. Labour- Hire Arrangements. Who Is The True Employer Of Labour-hire Workers – From The Perspective Of
Author: Nicholas Marouchak