ALL >> Legal >> View Article
How To Determine Which San Bernardino Child Custody Option Is Appropriate For You
Total Articles: 12
San Bernardino Child Custody proceedings are complex and require a lawyer that is familiar with local child custody laws. The finalization of your divorce is only the first step in this long and complicated process. The next step is determining whether you or your spouse should receive custody of your children.
How to Approach Child Custody
You both love your children. However, you both should consider whether the daily demands of life will allow you or your spouse to be present most often for the critical moments of their lives. Custody is not about who loves your children more; it is not a contest. However, in most custody cases, one or both spouses treat this hearing as though it is.
Choosing the Appropriate Option:
In terms of child custody, you have numerous choices. If you and your former spouse can make decisions together in regards to your child without conflict, you should first consider joint custody. Joint custody will allow you both to spend the same amount of time with your child and share custody. If you live in the same school district, you could alternate weeks easily.
If you believe that living with your former spouse could be detrimental to your child's well-being, you should acquire a protection order immediately. If your spouse has a history of drug or alcohol abuse, this is your first step to obtaining sole custody. Sole custody awards custody to one parent while the other parent is allowed visitation rights. If you acquire a protection order before the custody hearing, the judge will take this into consideration and may order supervision during your former spouse's visitation periods.
Physical custody is awarded to one parent. An advantage of this child custody type is that both parents may have equal time with the children. However, in order to receive physical custody both parents must live within the same city, in most cases. If you and your former spouse are incapable of getting along this is not an appropriate option. For this form of San Bernardino Child Custody to work both, you and your former spouse should remain civil at all times.
San Bernardino Child Custody proceedings are complex and require a lawyer that is familiar with local child custody laws. Visit us at Brocklawfirm.com.
Legal Articles1. Car Accidents Involving Uber And Lyft In Phoenix, Arizona
2. Car Accidents In Glendale: Seat Belt Injuries Overview
3. Slip And Fall Injuries: Contributive Causes And Premises That Are Mostly Found Risky
Author: Nick Feizy
4. Al Rowaad Is Available Around The Clock 24/7
5. Be Active Before Selecting A Lawyers For Your Personal Legal Issue.
Author: Lex Lords
6. First Day In Federal Prison
Author: Sanjoi Mazumder
7. 7 Keys To Improving Lead Conversion For Personal Injury Lawyers
8. Hire Drug Possession Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Constitutional Rights
9. For Child Support Issues, Consult The Springfield Missouri Child Support Lawyers In Greene County
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
10. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
11. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
12. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
13. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
14. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
15. Check Criminal Records