ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
I Run Cake Decorating Contests All The Time On My Website And Get Photos Of All Sizes
Total Articles: 2
I run cake decorating contests all the time on my website and get photos of all sizes, clarity, angles and backgrounds, many times ruining the picture or making it very difficult to judge. A judge can only render an opinion on what she sees and if things in the picture take away from the take or make it impossible to make out the details, it lessens the entrant’s chances of winning. Here are some tips for ensuring your photo quality does not detract from your hard work:
1. Distractions – When there are dirty dishes and other things surrounding the cake, the whole aura of the cake photo changes. Most judges can’t help but be disgusted by seeing these things in the background because they look very unprofessional. The photo should not be taken of the cake in the refrigerator or with things you don’t want in the background.
2. Lighting – If the lighting is bad, it’s very difficult to see white decorations on a white cake. Shadows can change the way colors look and poor lighting overall just takes away from the colors and details.
3. Cake Board – Covering the cake board is essential. If the cake board is plain cardboard or the aluminum covering that some cake boards come with, it just cheapens the look of it. If it is covered in fondant, cover the board in a color that goes with the cake and finish the edge of the cake board in ribbon. To further enhance it, consider extending the cake decorations down on to the board. If you want to go simple, mirrors make great boards since they reflect the cake.
4. Photo Size – If the photo is small, it’s impossible to make out the details of the cake. Be sure to take the picture close enough to get the details without cutting off part of the cake in the picture. If you take pictures from all angles, you can choose the best one. Once the cake is cut, it’s too late, so you’re better off taking more photos than you think you need.
5. Background – We’ve already discussed distractions, but a background that enhances the look of the cake makes for a very professional looking picture. It doesn’t have to be fancy or cost a lot of money. Even if you hang a sheet behind the cake and drape it so the cake sits on top of it, the cake will be the star of the photo.
The hard work was making the cake, so don’t let the birthday cake image ruin the memory or your chances for winning a cake contest.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. 5 Fun Facts You Should Know About Bubble Tea
Author: Rosario Berry
2. Where Does Bubble Tea In New York And New Jersey Originate From?
Author: Rosario Berry
3. Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata With Huge Success
Author: Kanchan Das
4. How To Choose A Cheap Herbal Vaporizer That’s Right For You
Author: Benjamin Winterburn
5. Confused With The Menu For Your Birthday Party? Try Wood Fired Pizza!
Author: Laurie Hekeik
6. Tips And Tricks For Mastering Vaping With Salt Juice Flavors
Author: Gaius Monteyro
7. How To Get Sports And Cooking Camps For Kids In San Francisco
Author: Craig Arnold
8. Can You Eat Tea Leaves? If So, Here’s How And Why?
Author: Vipul Makwana
9. Surprising Health Benefits Of Regular Wine (moderate) Consumption
Author: Vicky Mamoria
10. Meet Your Cooking Related Needs In An Effortless Manner While Using These Cooking Accessories!
Author: Steve Mize
11. South Indian Cuisine: Much More Than Idlis & Dosas
12. Smoked Cheese Market By Product Type, Expert Opinion, Technology, End User Application, Major Driver
Author: Akash Shahu
13. Benefits Of Eating Healthy Food
14. Benefits Of Pure Desi Ghee
Author: Priyanka Awasthi
15. Buy Chocolates Online From Kanan Devan