ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
I Run Cake Decorating Contests All The Time On My Website And Get Photos Of All Sizes
Total Articles: 2
I run cake decorating contests all the time on my website and get photos of all sizes, clarity, angles and backgrounds, many times ruining the picture or making it very difficult to judge. A judge can only render an opinion on what she sees and if things in the picture take away from the take or make it impossible to make out the details, it lessens the entrant’s chances of winning. Here are some tips for ensuring your photo quality does not detract from your hard work:
1. Distractions – When there are dirty dishes and other things surrounding the cake, the whole aura of the cake photo changes. Most judges can’t help but be disgusted by seeing these things in the background because they look very unprofessional. The photo should not be taken of the cake in the refrigerator or with things you don’t want in the background.
2. Lighting – If the lighting is bad, it’s very difficult to see white decorations on a white cake. Shadows can change the way colors look and poor lighting overall just takes away from the colors and details.
3. Cake Board – Covering the cake board is essential. If the cake board is plain cardboard or the aluminum covering that some cake boards come with, it just cheapens the look of it. If it is covered in fondant, cover the board in a color that goes with the cake and finish the edge of the cake board in ribbon. To further enhance it, consider extending the cake decorations down on to the board. If you want to go simple, mirrors make great boards since they reflect the cake.
4. Photo Size – If the photo is small, it’s impossible to make out the details of the cake. Be sure to take the picture close enough to get the details without cutting off part of the cake in the picture. If you take pictures from all angles, you can choose the best one. Once the cake is cut, it’s too late, so you’re better off taking more photos than you think you need.
5. Background – We’ve already discussed distractions, but a background that enhances the look of the cake makes for a very professional looking picture. It doesn’t have to be fancy or cost a lot of money. Even if you hang a sheet behind the cake and drape it so the cake sits on top of it, the cake will be the star of the photo.
The hard work was making the cake, so don’t let the birthday cake image ruin the memory or your chances for winning a cake contest.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Don’t Miss This Simplified Fact Sheet About Alkaline Water
Author: Hampry Gomes
2. The Right Occasion To Hire Pizza Catering
Author: Mario Andre
3. Food Delivery Australia Takeaway Order Online Ozfoodhunter
4. Best Beer And Food Pairings For Any Occasion
Author: Kevin Smith
5. Polar King International, Inc. To Exhibit At The 2017 Seafood Expo North American March 19-21
6. Tips To Making Chocolate With Chocolate Moulds
Author: Bhavik Vasa
7. Why Do People Adore Pizza?
Author: Mario Andre
8. Nutritional Drinks For Children - An Essential Part Of A Child’s Food Regimen
Author: Priya Bhatt
9. Reasons Why You Should Go American Restaurant In London For Your Next Dinning
Author: Mathew Gomes
10. Eight Reasons To Have Jaggery Powder In Our Kitchen
11. Basement Or Underground Wine Cellars Are More Fruitful To Install
Author: Jon Harper
12. Polar King International, Inc. To Demonstrate At The 2017 Midwest Foodservice Expo
13. Follow Safety Tips For Using Induction Cooker And Mixer Grinder
14. Thermodyne Foodservice Products, Inc. To Attend The 2017 Nacufs Northeast Regional Conference March
15. Polar Leasing Company, Inc. To Attend Catersource 2017 March 12-15 In New Orleans, Louisiana