ALL >> General >> View Article
The American Trucking Industry Is Striving Back On Fuel Efficiency And Reduced Co2 Emissions
Total Articles: 7
In the U.S the immense quantities of raw materials, finished goods over land, under process materials and freight are usually transporting from manufacturing sites to retailers and distributors through trucks. The trucking industry is also providing services to the construction sector with their dumper trucks and portable concrete mixers are moving the large quantities of rocks and raw materials anywhere in the state where trains and other means of freight can’t reach. The trucking industry is participating in the main stream freight movement over land and is vital in the manufacturing and warehousing industries.
However the millions of trucks even they are single units and or the tractor trailers are on the U.S roads and increasing with the time and needs of the freight services but the concern is not their count on the road because they are moving more than 70% freight of the total economy in U.S and they are doing in an extraordinary fashion, the threat is the environmental issues due to immense fuel consumption every day and the exhaust emissions produced by these fuel burners. The trucking industry is one of the leading fuel purchasers in the U.S by approximately 15% purchases of overall fuel sales.
However the automobile industry and governments are increasingly focusing on the fuel efficiency and alternative energy resources but they are still leading contributors in the CO2 emissions. The trucks and trailers traversing the U.S roads are still on the top average of six miles per gallon that is very poor indeed. If think about that 6mpg average for a moment than just imagine that more than 80% nation is receiving the goods and services from the truckers exclusively. The trucking industry is exclusively impacting on the economy and environment where the big rigs are leading contributors in the CO2 emissions recorded per-ton –mile. Passenger transportation emits fewer CO2 emissions per passenger mile.
The trucking industry is now on the move with environment and they are shifting to natural gas instead of diesel and other sources of gasoline. This step by the truckers will help the environment a lot in decreasing the emissions of CO2. As the natural gas is inexpensive fuel, and will wean the economy and municipal transportation system form the oil that is imported to the domestic natural gas resources.
The domestic fuel also provides some insulation from the volatile geopolitics that can drive up petroleum prices. The government and petroleum refiners are now producing the ultra low sulphur diesel that has 90% less sulphur. This ULSD and the EPA together working for cleaner air and truckers are also contributing and they are committed to decrease the dangerous emissions to more than 90% .
Styla Brite is a published author and product reviewer. Continue reading more about Truck Stops.
General Articles1. Netgear Aircard 800s Vs Aircard 810s
2. Pest Control Experts: Now Is The Time To Get Rid Of Hatching Mosquitoes
Author: Solutions Pune
3. Top Four Native Advertising Spying Tools
4. Web To Print: Are You Paying For The Right Software?
Author: web-to-print store,
5. When Should You See A Fertility Consultant?
Author: Genome-ivf cenre in raipur
6. How To Change Your Address When Shifting Your Home With Packers Movers Chennai
7. Bone Grafts And Substitutes Market Analysis 2018–current And Future Plans
Author: jayvir singh
8. Quicbooks Payroll Support
9. Commercial Avionics Market Demand Is Increasing In Most Part Of World 2025
Author: jayvir singh
10. Private Label Herbal Supplements Market - Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opport
Author: jayvir singh
11. Happy Mother's Day
Author: Shahbaj Alam Mondal
12. The Benefits Of Investing In Roll Off Dumpster Rental In Burlington
Author: Sam Holt
13. Color Of The Year: Green@mimo.su
14. Accounting And Its Place In Business
15. Explore Your Business Reach With Construction Industry Email List From Demandsteer