ALL >> Health >> View Article
Ivf Treatment In India
Total Articles: 7
Countless couples across India struggle with the emotional issues arising out of being childless. There can be varying reasons for a couple to not have children. For those who want to give themselves a fair chance at parenthood, the IVF procedure comes highly recommended.
It is common in India for people to feel their lives are incomplete without children. Friends and relatives start asking a married couple about when they are planning to have children even before their first anniversary arrives. And if the years go by and no child is born to a couple, the taunts and innuendos on their possible infertility never end at gatherings.
This is a very unfair and prejudiced attitude of the society we live in. But be as it may, a childless couple themselves are often desperately looking for ways to make them parents. The in vitro fertilisation or IVF medical procedure has come as a boon for countless such couples. It cannot give a 100% guarantee of a baby being conceived but it definitely increases manifold the chances of a child being born.
Let us first understand what IVF is all about. In the IVF procedure the eggs from the woman are fertilised with the sperms from the man, outside the female body in a lab. The embryo that forms in a laboratory is placed in the woman’s uterus and the pregnancy is then carried to term. A couple have the option in IVF to use the womb of a surrogate mother if they so desire.
When a child is conceived naturally, the woman’s egg and man’s sperm meet in the female fallopian tubes which connect ovaries to the uterus. Just the penetration by a single sperm is enough to fertilise an egg. But often this does not happen and a child is not conceived. Through the IVF treatment, it is possible to achieve fertilisation outside the woman’s body in the laboratory.
There are many explained and unexplained reasons for both male and female infertility. Sometimes perfectly healthy couples in every way are unable to make a baby together. Leaving mystifying factors aside, some conditions in which the IVF treatment can be sought and have indeed proven to be quite successful, include:
• If the man has poor sperm quality
• If the quantity of the sperm is insufficient
• Ovulation problems in the woman
• Tubal blockage in the woman
• Cases of Endometriosis
• Failed tubal reversal
• In cases of biological obstructions between egg and sperm
• Cervical conditions
• Multiple miscarriages
• Pelvic adhesions
• Failed conventional therapy
• Possibility of inheritable diseases
• Unexplained infertility
IVF in India has come a long way from the earlier times when most people regarded the treatment as an interference with God’s will. The science vs. God debate has not abated in India or actually the entire world. The religious aspects of how IVF can be viewed are still up for debate and probably will remain so for the conceivable future. But for countless couples seeking parenthood, IVF treatment in India is a God-given gift which they are eager to grab with both hands.
A good IVF clinic in India should be able to offer a childless couple the assurance of an exceptional track record; have reputed doctors on its panel; a committed and trained staff; state-of-the-art facilities; laboratories that are world-class; effective counselling services and a hygienic comfortable environment for patient care. Click here to learn about one such reputed facility, GDIFR. To know more click the link.
The author of this article is associated with the Ghosh Dastidar Institute for Fertility Research (P) Ltd. GDIFR is a leader in the treatment of infertility and Infertility Research in India. It has gained international recognition as a centre of excellence. Its IVF clinic in Kolkata has become a mecca for childless couples.
Health Articles1. All You Need To Know About Shirodhara
Author: Shriya Ayu Clinic
2. Medicare Reporting Challenges To Affect Independent Practices
3. Male Organ Health And Wellness: When It’s Time To Talk To A Urologist
Author: John Dugan
4. World Best Air Ambulance Service In Bagdogra With Md Doctors
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
5. Global Ventricular Assist Devices Market Trend
6. Key Reasons To See A Reputed Podiatrist To Cure Feet Problems
Author: Marion Yau
7. Be Fit And Healthy Through Regular Consumption Of Noni Products Of Salveo
8. Hacks To Stop Snoring
Author: Alex Bowmann
9. How Dr. Kewal Krishan Saved My Grandfather’s Life
Author: ponting brown
10. The Best Hospital For Cancer Treatment ; Balaji Action Cancer Hospital
Author: ponting brown
11. Turn Towards The Remedial Surgeries To Perk Up Your Beauty
Author: owen Thomson
12. 3 Easy Ways To Brand Your Next Medical Event
13. Why Should We Use Teeth Whitening Kits?
14. Tumescence Problems And The Too-hard Member: Understanding Priapism
Author: John Dugan
15. Things In Mind When Picking The Right Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash