ALL >> Health >> View Article
Magnesium Supports More Than Bone Health
Total Articles: 9
If you suffer from poor sleep and resulting fatigue, sore muscles, a weak immune system or high blood pressure, you may be wondering what you’re missing? The answer could be magnesium, a mineral many people are deficient in, but don’t really give a second thought to.
Magnesium is among the most abundant minerals within the human body. We store about 50 percent of that magnesium within our bones, keeping them strong. Sent throughout the body by our kidneys, we use magnesium for literally hundreds of bodily functions.
Certain medications, digestive issues and lifestyle habits like excessive alcohol consumption can lead to a deficiency in magnesium. Symptoms of magnesium deficiency include fatigue, insomnia, poor memory, rapid heartbeat and numbness.
Addition to the bones and teeth, magnesium also supports healthy muscles. When you get sufficient magnesium into your diet, your muscles are better able to contract during exercise and relax after, preventing injury and soreness.
Magnesium plays a key role in energy production by triggering enzymes that metabolize protein, so you can stay going throughout the day with greater endurance during physical activities. On the opposite end, magnesium helps the nerves calm down and relax, so you’re better able to unwind at the end of the day and get the rest you need.
Additional benefits of magnesium include maintaining a normal, healthy heart rhythm and blood pressure within the desire range as well as a strong immune system response to pathogens. This reduces your risk for illness caused by a virus, fungus or bacteria.
It’s recommended for adult women to get between 310 and 320 mg of magnesium on a daily basis, while men need between 400 and 420 mg each day. You can find magnesium in supplement form on its own or combined with other minerals, most often calcium.
Foods that are naturally rich in magnesium include dark, leafy greens (thanks to their abundance of chlorophyll), nuts, whole grains and fruits like bananas. You can also try a supplement if you’re not getting enough of these foods into your diet. Capsules, tablets and even powders that can be mixed with juice are available to enhance your dietary changes.
Don’t miss out on getting your magnesium and the other essential minerals your body needs to stay healthy. They’re a vital part of the equation for optimal health. With magnesium, you can stay sickness free, strong and energized for the long term, no matter what life throws at you.
Evitamins.com offers an array of tools, apps and other items to help you take control of your own health! Whether you are looking for information or just shopping for vitamins or supplements, we're confident we can help you. Buy vitamins at evitamins health shoppe and get discounts from various brands including the popular now foods, Ortho Molecular products and Garden of Life.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important