ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Enterprise Apps Stores (eas) Emerging As Saviours For Enterprises
Total Articles: 304
Earlier it was very difficult for a company's IT section to impart enterprise apps to the employees who were working remotely on their own devices. Gone are the days, when IT section had full control over company owned devices and tools. The BYOD concept has added woes for IT admin in terms of rendering protection to corporate network and information scattered in the server. Hence, it is important to adopt a flexible and transparent solution. EAS or Enterprise Apps Store can serve in a similar situation and help enterprises in sorting network related issues. A report released by Garner recently predicted that more than 25 percent businesses would have their own app store by 2017.
The biggest point with EAS is that they cannot be hosted on any public platform, as they are not apposite for business related needs.
1. The IT section should make sure that none of the enterprise apps is accessible beyond corporate boundaries.
2. These apps are much ahead in terms of cost and complexity than the apps available for just 99 cents. Thus, IT section needs to provide a high level of security.
3. External and internal intruders, both present an equal threat. Thus, internal privacy is as important as the external security. Hence, filtering should be based on department basis.
4. Further, IT personnel should embed intelligence to restrict the use of apps, whose license has expired or conflicted.
These solutions are only possible, if a corporate has its own enterprise app store as it provides additional security to the improved accessibility. Let us review few numerous benefits of an enterprise app store for a business.
1. Improved control – I mentioned above that filtering should be based on department basis. However, the employee's role could also be a filtering option. By this, IT section provides enhanced internal security provided for the data stored on the servers.
2. Secure passage to the outer world – EAS act as a proxy to the public apps store. Thus, by using an enterprise app store, a business can ensure that the downloaded apps are safe and malware free.
3. Feedbacks and opinions – The habits and trends followed by users while they are accessing the EAS, can be tracked and used to study, what they want in an EAS.
4. Lesser human involvement required – Centralized execution and automatic system allow users to find and download apps automatically. This makes sure that no or very less human intervention is needed while accessing the EAS.
However, we all know that every coin has two sides and EAS is no exception. Few issues are still bothering the business owners from adopting EAS. Copper Mobile and other app development companies are busy looking for solutions to tackle the following issues, which have made businesses stay away from EAS.
1. The biggest problem is that the IT section has to manage both transactional and persistent data on BYOD devices.
2. Another obstruction is that an EAS has to support multiple operating systems and apps coming from various channels. It becomes challenging in integrating and providing unified experience.
3. Another major problem with adoption of EAS is the license agreement. No company having a global footprint can have all apps with a common license. This is a very crucial point, as ensuring license compliance across the globe is very important.
Anyways, ideas and imagination have wings and they can touch any level to create something better out of nothing and take us to new heights of innovations. At Copper Mobile, app developers work with the same attitude to achieve success in making apps that rule over the stores across the world.
The author is associate with mobile application development Dallas TX. They are one of the leading mobile app companies, and provide best-in-class solutions for many verticals. The iPhone application development Dallas has created more than 300 apps for clients.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Threat Intelligence Market To Reach A Market Size Of $9.6 Billion By 2023
Author: Shivani Singh
2. E-discovery: A New Era In Investigation
Author: alok tamrakar
3. Youtube For Enterprises – The New Age Video For Content
Author: Amanda Todd
4. How Internet Of Things Will Changing Today’s World?
5. A Few Things To Know About Iphone Repair Centre
Author: Angel Smith
6. How Music Can Heal Your Mind And Soul
Author: Rioven Schmidt
7. Why Install Energy Saving Sensors?
8. Xbox Server Issues Affecting Sign-in, Purchasing & Updates
Author: Angel Smith
9. Four Different Issues To Look Out For In Metal 3d Printing
Author: 3D Spectra Technologies LLP
10. Armor Your Laptop In Style With Printable Laptop Sleeves
Author: Denesh Yadav
11. How Robotics-inspired Toys Help Your Child’s Development
Author: KinderLab Robotics
12. Advantages Of A Disaster Recovery Plan
Author: Noah Truax
13. Xbox Repair & Replacement Services – Issues & Solutions
Author: Angel Smith
14. Industrial Control Systems Security Market Growth
15. Why It Is Essential To Choose Expert Phone Repair Services
Author: Phone Repairer