ALL >> Health >> View Article
Natural Deodorants Fight Odor, Wetness
Total Articles: 9
Deodorants and antiperspirants can help you get through the day without excess moisture or body odor coming from your underarms. However, if you’re sensitive to, or want to avoid the ingredients commonly used in most deodorants, you may think you’re out of options.
Thankfully, there are new ingredients making their way into natural deodorants to make them just as effective as more commercial brands.
Most commercially produced deodorants contain ingredients such as aluminum, which is a metal that stops your pores from releasing all that sweat. These products may also contain parabens, which are natural preservatives. The label could also list prolpylene glycol and phthalates. These ingredients are constantly being studied for their impact on health and can cause irritation or allergic reaction in some individuals.
The first ingredient appearing in a lot of natural deodorants is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is produced from the leaves of the plant Maleleuca alternifolia, usually through the process of distillation. This oil contains many beneficial compounds, called terpenoids that give this oil its medicinal benefits. Tea tree oil is known to have antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and antiviral properties. It helps kill the bacteria and germs that can cause odors and promotes healthy, clean skin.
Another natural ingredient is witch hazel, a natural astringent just like tea tree oil. Produced from the Hamammelis virginiana plant, witch hazel helps prevent excess oil production and has antifungal properties as well.
Aloe vera is often included in natural bath and beauty products because it soothes irritated skin while deeply moisturizing without any sort of residue. You can find aloe vera added to stick or gel deodorants. Aloe vera also prevents odor and perspiration caused by a buildup of bacteria.
Other ingredients commonly found within natural deodorant products include extracts of herbs like lavender, lemon, sage and peppermint. You can also find enzymes in certain versions, which help inhibit or neutralize odor.
If you’re still interested in finding an alternative to the white stick deodorant or the sticky gel you’ve been using, crystals provide another option. Made of a mix of mineral salts, these crystals help prevent body odor and wetness from occurring. Since the crystals are colorless, they won’t transfer anything onto your clothing.
No matter if you prefer stick, gel, spray or roll-on, you don’t have to worry about being the stinky one in the room anymore if you’re trying to avoid the aluminum and other ingredients in deodorants and antiperspirants. A natural product, without artificial ingredients like colors or fragrances or preservatives can provide the same result.
eVitamins health shoppe offers an array of tools, apps and other items to help you take control of your own health! Whether you are looking for information or just shopping for vitamins or supplements, we're confident we can help you. Get discounts on Garden of Life, Ortho Molecular products and now foods from eVitamins health shoppe.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men