ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Shelter Protect You From The Approaching Tornado
Total Articles: 348
When you are on the highway and you are just about to head for camp or go home, you can probably drive away from an approaching tornado that’s still miles away from you. However, before you start driving away, make sure that you are well aware of the direction of the tornado’s movement. If the tornado is moving towards the east, you should drive south. If the tornado is moving north, drive towards the east. Bear in mind that you should always drive to the right of its direction as it is most likely to go straight. However, keep in mind that tornadoes change directions frequently and you cannot exactly tell where it is headed so you have to be ready at all times.
Most tornadoes move at more than sixty miles per hour. At this rate, your vehicle can probably outrun is provided that the road that you are on allows you to drive at such speed. If you think that your vehicle is not capable of running at that speed or if there are many roadblocks on your way, you might as well abandon your car and run towards the best shelter that you can see. Never stay inside your vehicle assuming that it can protect you from the approaching tornado. Take note of the fact that inside from the wind that can easily smash your car by picking it up tumbling it down, your vehicle can be hit by flying debris.
Do not try to outrun the tornadoes on foot. This is not possible. Find a safe shelter quickly. Do not go under overpasses. They are not in the list of adequate tornado shelters, the best shelters would be those that can protect you from flying debris and those that are firmly rooted in the ground. Among these shelters are ditches and caves. Most flimsy buildings, cabins, and houses are not capable of protecting you. If you want to protect yourself, you should get low and stay out of the wind.
When you are already inside the best shelter that you can find, make sure that you cover your head with something hard in order to protect it from flying debris. If there are no hard objects that you can use, you can use your hands. Also, make it a point to hang onto something that is firmly rooted in the ground. It will be best if you can tie yourself on a firmly rooted object in order to prevent yourself from being airborne. Do not bother to open the windows of your shelter.
The article is written by the person who have worked as in disaster recovery team leader. so the authoe have good knoweledge about Strom Shelter,Tornedo Safe Shelters, Safe Rooms,Garage Shelter,In-ground & Underground helters in Oklahoma City.To know more visit on http://hitsteel.com/
Home and Garden Articles1. Electrical Service Upgrade For Safe And Uninterrupted Energy Consumption
Author: Christine Delongte
2. 4 Reasons Why Renovating Your Cottage Is A Good Idea
Author: Christine Delongte
3. Guide To Buying Wooden Wall Clocks For Homes And Offices
Author: Jeremy Kugler
4. Emergency Plumbing Repair Service For Home And Office
Author: Jack Ronald
5. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
6. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
7. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
8. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
9. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
10. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
11. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
14. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
15. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov