ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Shelter Protect You From The Approaching Tornado
Total Articles: 334
When you are on the highway and you are just about to head for camp or go home, you can probably drive away from an approaching tornado that’s still miles away from you. However, before you start driving away, make sure that you are well aware of the direction of the tornado’s movement. If the tornado is moving towards the east, you should drive south. If the tornado is moving north, drive towards the east. Bear in mind that you should always drive to the right of its direction as it is most likely to go straight. However, keep in mind that tornadoes change directions frequently and you cannot exactly tell where it is headed so you have to be ready at all times.
Most tornadoes move at more than sixty miles per hour. At this rate, your vehicle can probably outrun is provided that the road that you are on allows you to drive at such speed. If you think that your vehicle is not capable of running at that speed or if there are many roadblocks on your way, you might as well abandon your car and run towards the best shelter that you can see. Never stay inside your vehicle assuming that it can protect you from the approaching tornado. Take note of the fact that inside from the wind that can easily smash your car by picking it up tumbling it down, your vehicle can be hit by flying debris.
Do not try to outrun the tornadoes on foot. This is not possible. Find a safe shelter quickly. Do not go under overpasses. They are not in the list of adequate tornado shelters, the best shelters would be those that can protect you from flying debris and those that are firmly rooted in the ground. Among these shelters are ditches and caves. Most flimsy buildings, cabins, and houses are not capable of protecting you. If you want to protect yourself, you should get low and stay out of the wind.
When you are already inside the best shelter that you can find, make sure that you cover your head with something hard in order to protect it from flying debris. If there are no hard objects that you can use, you can use your hands. Also, make it a point to hang onto something that is firmly rooted in the ground. It will be best if you can tie yourself on a firmly rooted object in order to prevent yourself from being airborne. Do not bother to open the windows of your shelter.
The article is written by the person who have worked as in disaster recovery team leader. so the authoe have good knoweledge about Strom Shelter,Tornedo Safe Shelters, Safe Rooms,Garage Shelter,In-ground & Underground helters in Oklahoma City.To know more visit on http://hitsteel.com/
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi