ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Shelter Protect You From The Approaching Tornado
Total Articles: 334
When you are on the highway and you are just about to head for camp or go home, you can probably drive away from an approaching tornado that’s still miles away from you. However, before you start driving away, make sure that you are well aware of the direction of the tornado’s movement. If the tornado is moving towards the east, you should drive south. If the tornado is moving north, drive towards the east. Bear in mind that you should always drive to the right of its direction as it is most likely to go straight. However, keep in mind that tornadoes change directions frequently and you cannot exactly tell where it is headed so you have to be ready at all times.
Most tornadoes move at more than sixty miles per hour. At this rate, your vehicle can probably outrun is provided that the road that you are on allows you to drive at such speed. If you think that your vehicle is not capable of running at that speed or if there are many roadblocks on your way, you might as well abandon your car and run towards the best shelter that you can see. Never stay inside your vehicle assuming that it can protect you from the approaching tornado. Take note of the fact that inside from the wind that can easily smash your car by picking it up tumbling it down, your vehicle can be hit by flying debris.
Do not try to outrun the tornadoes on foot. This is not possible. Find a safe shelter quickly. Do not go under overpasses. They are not in the list of adequate tornado shelters, the best shelters would be those that can protect you from flying debris and those that are firmly rooted in the ground. Among these shelters are ditches and caves. Most flimsy buildings, cabins, and houses are not capable of protecting you. If you want to protect yourself, you should get low and stay out of the wind.
When you are already inside the best shelter that you can find, make sure that you cover your head with something hard in order to protect it from flying debris. If there are no hard objects that you can use, you can use your hands. Also, make it a point to hang onto something that is firmly rooted in the ground. It will be best if you can tie yourself on a firmly rooted object in order to prevent yourself from being airborne. Do not bother to open the windows of your shelter.
The article is written by the person who have worked as in disaster recovery team leader. so the authoe have good knoweledge about Strom Shelter,Tornedo Safe Shelters, Safe Rooms,Garage Shelter,In-ground & Underground helters in Oklahoma City.To know more visit on http://hitsteel.com/
Home and Garden Articles1. Enjoy The End Of Lease Cleaning Services Sydney
2. Eight Favorite Lawns In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
3. Facing A Challenge With Small Bathrooms? Check Out These Tips!
Author: sunita arvind
4. What Can You Expect With The Best Landscaping Services Mornington Peninsula?
Author: Rickey Austin
5. 8 Things That You Should Clean Every Day
Author: Mike Aurtho
6. Hire The Most Experienced Exterior Painting Experts In Charlotte
Author: Anu Walia
7. Create A Unique And Modern Look With A Drum Coffee Table
Author: Kim Thompson
8. Painting Tips For Making A Mississauga Home Sale-friendly Before You Sell It
Author: Chris Dgate
9. Few Must Know Tips If You Want To Avoid Failure In Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
10. Landscaping Contractors Can Help You In Beautifying Your Garden
Author: Anu Walia
11. Know How Safe Your Home Cleaning Products Are
Author: Christopher Schwab
12. Modern Stained Glass Floor And Table Lamps Enhances Beauty Of Your House
Author: Lorna Wingfield
13. Why Should You Use The Glass Balcony Balustrades For Your New Home
Author: John Carlos
14. What Makes Designer Furniture Of Perth A Stand Out
Author: Kai Baxter
15. Termite Control Penrith- Expectation Vs. Reality
Author: Alicia Brett