ALL >> Career >> View Article
Food Jobs In North Carolina: Where And What To Apply For
Total Articles: 3
If you are roaming for a job in Charlotte or elsewhere in North Carolina, it won't be hard to find one...if you know where to look at, especially if you are so assimilated in to the state's food scene. As much as there are many dishes and drinks to sample, so are the various available food jobs in North Carolina. Where can you find the right food job? What's there to apply for?
Barbecue Joints and Restaurants
There are more than 100 barbecue establishments, smokehouses and steakhouses in Charlotte alone and perhaps thousands in the whole state, so it is kind of say to say there are thousands of available food jobs in Charlotte and in the rest of North Carolina. This would not be so if not for the state's food culture popularized by the locals' love for barbecue.
Barbecue establishments would want to hire attendants and servers to cater to their patrons during business hours and at barbecue related festivals which draw hundreds of thousands of crowds every year. They would want applicants to possess exemplary people skills, great attention to details and relentless work ethic.
If you are not a local and searching for a job here, I suggest you first understand the state's history, culture and politics behind barbecue so you can develop a sense of urgency. The urgency here is that you are serving the culture, not just the people.
Beverage Manufacturing Firms
North Carolina is home to Pepsi-Cola (one of the two most popular soft drink brands)and Cheerwine (a regional soft drink). These two homegrown brands are looking for certain professionals to help man its operations especially in the production, sales and distribution divisions. Available food and beverage jobs in Charlotte and elsewhere in North Carolina include positions for:
• Machine operators – A machine operator operates manufacturing and supplying equipment and troubleshoots or repairs them to ensure efficient production. Moreover, they will also assist in filling, capping, labeling and packaging soft beverages.
• Warehouse loaders – If you are the man with muscles with college tuition to pay, why not seek part-time as a warehouse loader. Once accepted, you will be tasked to load for delivery and bulk orders. You will not be lifting or carrying heavy cases though, but you will be operating a forklift or an electronic pallet jack.
• Direct sales representatives – Direct sales representatives handle the marketing operations, making and taking customer calls, taking replenishment orders and promoting new and existing products to help increase the company's revenues. There are always food jobs in Charlotte NC and elsewhere for people to handle out-coming and coming calls.
• Merchandisers – Merchandisers coordinate with retailers to ensure timely delivery and adequate supply of products. Merchandisers also review sales orders and determine demands for products, among others.
North Carolina is also known for their beers and brewing pubs are looking for brewers to help in brewing operations. Moreover, wine-making companies in the state are also looking for expert wine-makers, specialists, and vineyard workers. Speaking of beverages, bars and clubs are also looking for bartenders.
When looking for food jobs in Charlotte NC and in the surrounding areas, make sure you know the cuisine so you will know where to find jobs and what to apply for.
Luke Peterson is a career consultant by profession and a freelance writer. He writes articles on different subjects relating to human resource management and career building. In the given article, he highlights various aspects of food jobs in charlotte NC
Career Articles1. How Are Start-ups Creating Disruptions In Preparing Students For The Job Market?
2. Immigrate To Toronto In 5 Simple Steps
3. Learn Ruby On Rails Tutorials Online|bytesonlinetraining
4. Find Competent Event Staff Online
5. A Market-linked Skilling Initiative
Author: T Muralidharan
6. Transform Yourself Into A Reliable Builder And Get Flooded With Job Offers
Author: Mark Trescothic
7. Why Young Generation Is Crazy For Government Jobs?
Author: Rakesh Verma
8. How To Become A Sales Consultant - Proven Ways To Jump-start Your Career
Author: Ian Marsh
9. Most Popular Construction Courses In The Uk
Author: Graeme Hick
10. Job Career Book
Author: Tirumal Reddy
11. The Global Entrepreneurship Summit: Fostering Indo – Us Ties
12. Lower The Recruitment Cost: Hire Quicker Than Before
Author: Kartik Patel
13. Attributes That Fmcg Top Consultants In India Possess
Author: jennifer jam
14. Work From Home Guide: Choosing Freelancing As A Career
Author: Francis Abejero
15. Canada And Ontario Sign Agreement For Co-operation On Immigration