ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
The Avanti Group - Robotic Surgeon Wins Legal Battle
Total Articles: 19
May 25, 2013 - Intuitive Surgical makes robotic surgeons that are regularly in use in prostate, hysterectomy and other surgical procedures. The company defended itself and set a precedent by a winning a case brought against them for claims of injuries allegedly caused by the robotic surgeons work.
The Avanti Group noted that a jury in Washington State recently cleared the company and its da Vinci Surgical System, from any culpability in the death of Fred Taylor. Fred, who underwent several procedures after the robotic surgery unfortunately, met his demise some four years later leading to the attempt to place blame on the machines work. Rejection by a jury has renewed faith in this now established field.
We are advising investors that this action is a sign of the legal overcast clearing in relation to high tech medical innovations under development or testing. These companies have been identified to offer solid gains in the future. Now is the right time to make moves leading to substantial profits, said Michael Johnson, the Head of Investment Analysis at The Avanti Group.
The Sunnyvale, California based company has made $2.2 billion in revenue last year and received almost all the funds from its da Vinci Surgical System and products. The system was originally developed under a U.S. Army contract to build a system for remote-controlled battlefield surgery. Intuitive Surgical robot was authorized for use in 2000, and their products are still the only robotic systems with U.S. approval in soft-tissue procedures including general, gynecological and prostate operations. The robots, which cost about $1.5 million to build an individual unit, have been used in over a half million operations just within the past two years.
Intuitive Surgical shares rose significantly after news of the jury verdict broke, a sign that the concerns over the case weighing on the stock have lifted. In robo-surgery, the surgeon peers into a video game-style console several feet away, foot pedals and hand controls allow the Doctor, who is able to see through a 3D camera, control robot arms equipped with surgical tools.
There are a number of high tech companies who will benefit directly from this news along with a number that stand to see increases, generally from more confidence in Med-Techs innovative new technologies. Advising investors to join with these companies identified through our research is our goal, achieving returns to be proud of from analysis and action, said Michael Johnson, the Head of Investment Analysis at The Avanti Group.
The Avanti Group is an equity research house providing research and analysis outsourcing solutions for institutional financial traders worldwide, founded in early 2003.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Share Market Tips For Investing With Profit Aim Research
Author: Profit Aim
2. When Your Business Cannot Wait For Cash? Just Look For Invoice Factoring Financing To Begin Soaring
Author: Stephen Perl
3. On May 29, 2012, The U.s. Department Of Labor Issued Advisory Opinion 2012-04a.
Author: Terrance Power
4. Download Forex Robots To Make Consistent Profits In The Market
5. Get Assisted To Learn What It Takes To Qualify For No Credit Check Car Loan
Author: Mary Coleman
6. How Loans Allow Bad Credit Borrowers To Overcome Financial Uncertainties?
Author: Sara James
7. Insurance Within Super
8. Accomplish Your Social Security Retirement Benefits With Best Retirement Strategy Planner
9. The Most Important Things You Need To Know Before Choosing A Tax Preparation Or Financial Planning S
Author: Accounting Services
10. Classification Of Forex Bonuses
Author: John Arnold
11. What Are The Different Types Of Emi Calculator Available In The Financial Market?
Author: Neha Sharma
12. Profitable Promotions For Traders
Author: John Arnold
13. Useful Tips To Make Money By Trading For Future
Author: Henry James
14. Private Equity Research – A Basic Need For Investors
15. No Deposit Home Loan – Go For The Low Deposit Option!
Author: Mc Cutcheon