ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
The Avanti Group - Robotic Surgeon Wins Legal Battle
Total Articles: 19
May 25, 2013 - Intuitive Surgical makes robotic surgeons that are regularly in use in prostate, hysterectomy and other surgical procedures. The company defended itself and set a precedent by a winning a case brought against them for claims of injuries allegedly caused by the robotic surgeons work.
The Avanti Group noted that a jury in Washington State recently cleared the company and its da Vinci Surgical System, from any culpability in the death of Fred Taylor. Fred, who underwent several procedures after the robotic surgery unfortunately, met his demise some four years later leading to the attempt to place blame on the machines work. Rejection by a jury has renewed faith in this now established field.
We are advising investors that this action is a sign of the legal overcast clearing in relation to high tech medical innovations under development or testing. These companies have been identified to offer solid gains in the future. Now is the right time to make moves leading to substantial profits, said Michael Johnson, the Head of Investment Analysis at The Avanti Group.
The Sunnyvale, California based company has made $2.2 billion in revenue last year and received almost all the funds from its da Vinci Surgical System and products. The system was originally developed under a U.S. Army contract to build a system for remote-controlled battlefield surgery. Intuitive Surgical robot was authorized for use in 2000, and their products are still the only robotic systems with U.S. approval in soft-tissue procedures including general, gynecological and prostate operations. The robots, which cost about $1.5 million to build an individual unit, have been used in over a half million operations just within the past two years.
Intuitive Surgical shares rose significantly after news of the jury verdict broke, a sign that the concerns over the case weighing on the stock have lifted. In robo-surgery, the surgeon peers into a video game-style console several feet away, foot pedals and hand controls allow the Doctor, who is able to see through a 3D camera, control robot arms equipped with surgical tools.
There are a number of high tech companies who will benefit directly from this news along with a number that stand to see increases, generally from more confidence in Med-Techs innovative new technologies. Advising investors to join with these companies identified through our research is our goal, achieving returns to be proud of from analysis and action, said Michael Johnson, the Head of Investment Analysis at The Avanti Group.
The Avanti Group is an equity research house providing research and analysis outsourcing solutions for institutional financial traders worldwide, founded in early 2003.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Download Free Forex Robot To Trade Like A Pro In The Forex Market
2. Trade12 Is The Platform That Will Give You A Free Lifestyle
3. A Guide To Proper Retirement Planning Servives In Richmond
Author: Danny McCarty is the author of this article
4. Why Invoice Invoice Factoring Financing Is Better Than Bank Overdraft Credit?
Author: Stephen Perl
5. Apoyos Para Negocios En 2017
6. How Do You Master Mind Your Long Term Loans Without Collateral?
Author: Jenny Elmore
7. Algotrade Helps You Make Consistent Profits In Forex Market
8. The Guide To Choosing The Best Stock Trading Advisory Service
Author: Dharmesh Patel
9. What Should An Executor Of A Will Do To Get Grant Of Probate?
Author: Probate a Will
10. Trade12 Provides A Perfect Educational Experience For New Traders!
11. Home Loan Rate Comparison – Why Is It Important?
Author: Kimberly Ash
12. The Benefits Of Getting A Reliable Mortgage Broker Harrogate
Author: Brian Miller
13. All You Need To Know About Co – Signing A Loan
Author: Neha Sharma
14. What Are The Insurance Policies To Opt For In Your Early 30's?
Author: Neha Sharma
15. Multi – Currency Card: How To Pay Less For Foreign Currency
Author: Neha Sharma