ALL >> Business >> View Article
Discrepancies In Telecom Industry
Total Articles: 91
Telecom industry is one industry which includes a massive percentage of engineers, and they are in majority. While the wire line service providers being in the country since many years, the telecom industry experienced its emergence in true sense in the late 1990’s with the launch of 1st mobile phone in India. Today, telecom industry in India is quite large with a equal presence of public sector and private service providers, with different market share though.
Telecom industry in India gained impetus with the entry of foreign players into the fledgling scenario. And with the entry of foreign companies, the foreign processes also started having an influence on the Indian side. One of such processes is that of background screening. Employee screening practices have been stringently followed in countries the Europe as well as the US. So the entry into the Indian markets couldn’t be an exception to the widely accepted practices. Thus, background verification slowly proved to be an integral part of telecom industry.
Since it is just over a decade, background verification has played an effective role in bringing out the fabrications and falsifications. The top background verification companies have attempted to collate and analyze the data which has brought out some startling numbers.
As per one of such top background check companies in India, a massive 21% of all cases coming for background verification from the telecom companies are discrepant. During a check wise analysis, it was revealed that the discrepancy was at a little more than 6%. The maximum number of discrepanices comes from during employment and reference checks, education checks and address checks. It can also be implied that people often tend to forge and falsify their details pertaining to their employment history, educational background and residences.
Even within each check, certain reasons have been found to be the most used ones. Within employment and reference checks, maximum cases have been found to have incorrect tenure which is closely followed by no response from referee and incorrect remuneration, in that very order. With education checks, maximum a little more than 76% of discrepancies have occurred due to mention of fake or unrecognized university, which is followed by submission of fake or forged documents and unrecognized course, with 22% and 1.26% respectively. Lastly, maximum number of discrepancies arises because of untraceable addresses, which leads the other two prime reasons, refusal to verify by referee and candidate not residing, with almost 57%. The other two reasons have a contribution of almost 22% and 13% respectively.
Naman is associated with a leading background screening company that specializes in Employee screening
Business Articles1. Brilliant Advice For Your Start-up
Author: Carl Frederic Sealey
2. A New Life In Alanya/turkey
3. A Startup’s Quick Guide For Finding Tax And Accounting Services
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Get Best Quality Fruits Gift Hampers Online
5. Castle Hill Best Indian Restaurant
6. Leaftrend – Ecofriendly Disposable Palm Leaf Plates, Wedding And Party Plates- 7 Inch Square Flat Pa
Author: Jane cristina
7. Signage | Box Up Signage| Digital Printing |dot2dot
8. Dosti Is Trusted Packers And Movers In Pune
9. Vinyl Windows Okc – Why It Is A Much Preferred Option For Homeowners
Author: Mark Sipla
10. 3 Benefits Of Using A Convertible Hand Truck
11. Optimizing Time Using The “beforehand” Technique
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Exotic Experience With Bar And Grill
Author: pied Piper
13. What Are The Video Conferencing Perks For The Retail Sector?
14. All That You Need For Understanding Your Customers Today
Author: Surabhi Joshi
15. What Are The Mechanical Design Requirements For Electric Hoists?
Author: Mahi Sheth