ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Kerala Holiday Packages And Popular Tourist Places
Total Articles: 116
Kerala is a state of Indian union situated in the south west region on the Malabar Coast. Regionally referred as Keralam, it was formed in November 1956 under the States Reorganization Act of India taking together the contiguous Malayam speaking areas. A state with the lowest positive population growth rate and highest literacy percentage in India; it also has a highly rich traditions and cultures that make it one of the popular tourist destinations for both domestic and foreign tourists.
The first state to declare tourism as an industry in the year 1986, its varied as well as rich cultures and traditions along with its varied demographics have made Kerala the most attractive tourist place in India. It is admirably called as ‘one of the ten paradises in the world’ or ‘one of the 50 must see destinations of a lifetime’. In Google search trends related to India in 2012, Kerala dislodged the Taj Mahal of Agra from first position and relegated it to the second place as the most popular tourist destination of India. The beaches, mountain ranges and wildlife sanctuaries of the state form the major attractions for the Indian as well as foreign tourists. Varkala, Kovakalam, Kappad, Bekal and MUzhappilangad are the major beaches of tourists’ attraction. There are certain hill stations namely Wayanand, Munnar, Wagamon, Neliampathi, Peermade and Ponmudi that are most sought after tourists destinations.
Its ecotourism destinations comprise two national parks and twelve h life sanctuaries, and those include Parambikulam wildlife sanctuary, Periyar Tiger Reserve, Thattekad Bird Sanctuary, Chinar Wildlife Sanctuary, Eravikulam national Park to name a few among them. The backwaters are characterized by a great network of 41 westward flowing interlocking rivers, canals and lakes located around Alleppy, Kollam, Kumarakom and Punnamada. The noteworthy heritage sites in the state are Maatancherry Palace and Padmnabhpuram Palace.
The state of Kerala and the various tourist spots are well connected with rail, road and air communication facilities. The three international airports in the state are located at Trivandrum, Cochin and Calicut while two additional airports are in the offing at Kannur and Pathanamthitta. Besides all these there are numerous tour operators operating from almost all major cities of India and offer various packages for touring the state of Kerala and its tourist destinations. The packages may include return airfare, stay, sightseeing and breakfast, dinner as well as lunch. The price quoted may be per couple or per person and the cost varies according to facilities offered.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David