ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Kashmir Holiday Packages And Popular Tourist Places
Total Articles: 116
Kashmir is a valley situated between the Pir Panjal and the Karakoram ranges of the Himalayas in the state of Jammu and Kashmir in India. The valley formed by the river Jhelum measures 135 kilometers in length and 32 kilometers in width. Its moderate climate with temperatures ranging between 6 and 32 degree Celsius during the hottest July and 15 to 0 degree Celsius during the coldest December-January makes it an ideal tourist spot for people all over the world.
The Kashmir valley, a much sought after tourist destination for foreign as well as domestic tourists, has numerous places of tourist attractions. Gulmarg which has a ski resort, Dal Lake with its magnificent houseboats, Amarnath temple with all its sacredness and Pahalgam with eye catching scenic beauties are the famous tourist destinations to name a few. There are actually four categories of places of tourist interests in Kashmir and they are hill stations, Mughal gardens, lakes and the Himalayan peaks for mountaineering. Under the hill station category one can visit Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Sonamarg, Yusmarg and, of course, Srinagar. The heavy snowfall, chilled air accompanied with heavy downpour provides a magnificent experience to the tourists at these hill stations. The snow related sports like skiing and golf course are the main attractions at these places especially at Gulmarg.
The gardens such as Shalimar Bagh, Nishat Bagh, and Chasme Shahi tracing back their connections to the Mughals are a treat to the eyes. The lakes particularly Dal situated in Srinagar, the state capital, with its houseboats are simply superb. All other lakes located at a distance from Srinagar with picturesque background are there for the tourists to enjoy boating, sightseeing, and have fun. But mountaineering is not all fun. The peaks- Mount Haramukh (16870 ft), Mavhoi Peak (17907 ft), Kolhoi Peak (!7799 ft), Amarnath Peak (17041 ft), and many more are fascinating and only those especially trained for the purpose can venture to scale them.
As for holidays packages; there are tour operators connecting the valley with all important cities of India including Jammu, Delhi, Kanpur, Amritsar, to name a few. The price quote of tour packages vary widely as these may include airfare also. Just for an example a tour to Kashmir from Delhi may cost about Rs. 24999/, from Mumbai Rs. 40999/, and from Chennai or Kolkata Rs. 43999/, and the package include air fare both ways, hotel accommodation as well as sightseeing.
Travel Articles1. 5 Top Places To Visit In Alibaug
Author: Hruday Chand
2. Car Rental Services To Explore In Rajasthan With Shreeji Taxi
3. Kenya's Top 5 Places To Visit On Your African Safari
Author: Meddy Byakali
4. India Tour Operator - Planned Trek For This Country
Author: Rakesh Kumar
5. Airport Parking Options - What's Best For You?
Author: Alex Mayers
6. Top 4 Holiday Destinations In Hyderabad For A Fun Weekend :
Author: Aakruthi priya
7. Mouth-watering Foods From Kerala
Author: James Matt
8. 3 Signs That You Need A Holiday Break
9. A Visit To At The Top, Burj Khalifa
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
10. 5 Technologically Advanced Countries In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
11. A Budget Traveller’s Guide To Ooty
12. Get Complete Adventure With Trekking In Nepal
Author: Himalayan Asiatreks
13. Pick Out The Right Tour Packages In Kolkata To Enjoy Reliable Service
14. Rent A Car In Kolkata To Visit Major Place At Right Time With No Risk
15. Choose The Best Holiday Packages To Get Fun Filled Experience