ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Kashmir Holiday Packages And Popular Tourist Places
Total Articles: 116
Kashmir is a valley situated between the Pir Panjal and the Karakoram ranges of the Himalayas in the state of Jammu and Kashmir in India. The valley formed by the river Jhelum measures 135 kilometers in length and 32 kilometers in width. Its moderate climate with temperatures ranging between 6 and 32 degree Celsius during the hottest July and 15 to 0 degree Celsius during the coldest December-January makes it an ideal tourist spot for people all over the world.
The Kashmir valley, a much sought after tourist destination for foreign as well as domestic tourists, has numerous places of tourist attractions. Gulmarg which has a ski resort, Dal Lake with its magnificent houseboats, Amarnath temple with all its sacredness and Pahalgam with eye catching scenic beauties are the famous tourist destinations to name a few. There are actually four categories of places of tourist interests in Kashmir and they are hill stations, Mughal gardens, lakes and the Himalayan peaks for mountaineering. Under the hill station category one can visit Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Sonamarg, Yusmarg and, of course, Srinagar. The heavy snowfall, chilled air accompanied with heavy downpour provides a magnificent experience to the tourists at these hill stations. The snow related sports like skiing and golf course are the main attractions at these places especially at Gulmarg.
The gardens such as Shalimar Bagh, Nishat Bagh, and Chasme Shahi tracing back their connections to the Mughals are a treat to the eyes. The lakes particularly Dal situated in Srinagar, the state capital, with its houseboats are simply superb. All other lakes located at a distance from Srinagar with picturesque background are there for the tourists to enjoy boating, sightseeing, and have fun. But mountaineering is not all fun. The peaks- Mount Haramukh (16870 ft), Mavhoi Peak (17907 ft), Kolhoi Peak (!7799 ft), Amarnath Peak (17041 ft), and many more are fascinating and only those especially trained for the purpose can venture to scale them.
As for holidays packages; there are tour operators connecting the valley with all important cities of India including Jammu, Delhi, Kanpur, Amritsar, to name a few. The price quote of tour packages vary widely as these may include airfare also. Just for an example a tour to Kashmir from Delhi may cost about Rs. 24999/, from Mumbai Rs. 40999/, and from Chennai or Kolkata Rs. 43999/, and the package include air fare both ways, hotel accommodation as well as sightseeing.
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco