ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Kanyakumari Holiday Packages And Popular Tourist Places
Total Articles: 116
Kanyakumari is a place in the district of Kanyakumari in the state of Tamil Nadu in India. The town previously called Cape Comorin is the southernmost place of the mainland India. It is situated at a distance of 88 kilometers from the capital city Tiruvananthpuram of Kerala state. It is one of the popular tourist destinations in India.
Tourism has been the mainstay of this small sleepy town since early 1970s, and Kanyakumari itself has the greatest attraction for the tourists. One can see and experience sunset and moon-rise at the same time at this place and the on a full moon day it is a spectacular sight. There are a number of spots of tourist attraction in and around Kanyakumari. The Kanyakumari Temple or the Kumari Amman situated on the shore has the deity of Parvati. The temple with the adjoining ghats presents a spectacular sight for the viewers. There is the famous Vivekananda Rock memorial situated on two rocky islets off the shore and a ferry system connects the rock with the mainland. One Eknath Ranade built the memorial in 1970 and ever since the place has gained in popularity as a tourist destination. The memorial and the statue of the Tamil saint and poet, Thiruvalluvar, 133 feet high built in the year 2000, the tallest statue in Asia present a magnificent sight.
Sri Padhaparai, one of the two rocks, is believed to have the footprints of the Virgin goddess. Swami Vivekananda meditated on this very rock for three days and got enlightenment. Keeping that in mind a Dhyan Mandapam or a place for meditation has been built on this rock, and a tourist can have the experience of meditation at this place. The Gandhi Memorial built at the spot where the urn containing the ashes of Mahatma Gandhi was placed for public viewing is another tourist attraction.
The place is directly connected to all major cities of India by rail and road. The nearest Airport at Thiruvananthapuram is around 90 kilometers from here. There are a number of tour operators operating luxurious buses and cars from almost all cities of southern India for Kanyakumari. They offer attractive holiday packages for couples and others for reaching the place, staying there and for sightseeing. The package may include breakfast, lunch and dinner. All these services are offered at a price and one can choose the best which suits his appetite for sightseeing as well as his pocket.
Travel Articles1. 5 Top Places To Visit In Alibaug
Author: Hruday Chand
2. Car Rental Services To Explore In Rajasthan With Shreeji Taxi
3. Kenya's Top 5 Places To Visit On Your African Safari
Author: Meddy Byakali
4. India Tour Operator - Planned Trek For This Country
Author: Rakesh Kumar
5. Airport Parking Options - What's Best For You?
Author: Alex Mayers
6. Top 4 Holiday Destinations In Hyderabad For A Fun Weekend :
Author: Aakruthi priya
7. Mouth-watering Foods From Kerala
Author: James Matt
8. 3 Signs That You Need A Holiday Break
9. A Visit To At The Top, Burj Khalifa
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
10. 5 Technologically Advanced Countries In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
11. A Budget Traveller’s Guide To Ooty
12. Get Complete Adventure With Trekking In Nepal
Author: Himalayan Asiatreks
13. Pick Out The Right Tour Packages In Kolkata To Enjoy Reliable Service
14. Rent A Car In Kolkata To Visit Major Place At Right Time With No Risk
15. Choose The Best Holiday Packages To Get Fun Filled Experience