ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Kanyakumari Holiday Packages And Popular Tourist Places
Total Articles: 116
Kanyakumari is a place in the district of Kanyakumari in the state of Tamil Nadu in India. The town previously called Cape Comorin is the southernmost place of the mainland India. It is situated at a distance of 88 kilometers from the capital city Tiruvananthpuram of Kerala state. It is one of the popular tourist destinations in India.
Tourism has been the mainstay of this small sleepy town since early 1970s, and Kanyakumari itself has the greatest attraction for the tourists. One can see and experience sunset and moon-rise at the same time at this place and the on a full moon day it is a spectacular sight. There are a number of spots of tourist attraction in and around Kanyakumari. The Kanyakumari Temple or the Kumari Amman situated on the shore has the deity of Parvati. The temple with the adjoining ghats presents a spectacular sight for the viewers. There is the famous Vivekananda Rock memorial situated on two rocky islets off the shore and a ferry system connects the rock with the mainland. One Eknath Ranade built the memorial in 1970 and ever since the place has gained in popularity as a tourist destination. The memorial and the statue of the Tamil saint and poet, Thiruvalluvar, 133 feet high built in the year 2000, the tallest statue in Asia present a magnificent sight.
Sri Padhaparai, one of the two rocks, is believed to have the footprints of the Virgin goddess. Swami Vivekananda meditated on this very rock for three days and got enlightenment. Keeping that in mind a Dhyan Mandapam or a place for meditation has been built on this rock, and a tourist can have the experience of meditation at this place. The Gandhi Memorial built at the spot where the urn containing the ashes of Mahatma Gandhi was placed for public viewing is another tourist attraction.
The place is directly connected to all major cities of India by rail and road. The nearest Airport at Thiruvananthapuram is around 90 kilometers from here. There are a number of tour operators operating luxurious buses and cars from almost all cities of southern India for Kanyakumari. They offer attractive holiday packages for couples and others for reaching the place, staying there and for sightseeing. The package may include breakfast, lunch and dinner. All these services are offered at a price and one can choose the best which suits his appetite for sightseeing as well as his pocket.
Travel Articles1. Choosing A Good Accommodation In Monte Vista
Author: Mike Suthar
2. What Are The Best Seasons To Trek Nepal?
Author: Sandip Sharma
3. Bring Home Memories Worth A Lifetime From Thailand
Author: Touris Thai
4. E-visa Sri Lanka: Say Goodbye To Your Sri Lankan E-visa Worries
Author: E-Visa Sri Lanka
5. Plan Your Bike Ride To Get Ready To Conquer The Terrains Of Leh Ladakh
Author: Komal Ranaa
6. Same Day Agra Tour With Fatehpur
Author: Carrie Asby
7. Quick Guide To Know How To Get Pr In Australia.
Author: Jason Briggs
8. Manali Honeymoon Tour Packages
Author: kuldeep dogra
9. Car Rental Bangalore
10. Find Reliable Taxi Cab To Airport Services For Best Travel Experience
11. Reap The Benefits Of Cheap Twin Centre Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. Explore Interesting Attractions With Your Dubai Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
13. For Those Special Events In Life, Phoenix Executive Car Services Could Be Either The Best Asset
Author: Unknown Member
14. 4 Majestic Places To Enjoy Your Honeymoon Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
15. We’ll Cover Your Wedding Travel Needs With Limousine Service In Dc
Author: We’ll Cover Your Wedding Travel Needs with Limousi