ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Gulmarg Holiday Packages And Popular Tourist Places
Total Articles: 116
Gulmarg is a hill station situated in the state of Jammu and Kashmir of India. Its literal meaning is ‘meadow of flowers’ or the place of roses and is a popular skiing spot in the district of Baramula. The place is located at 52 kilometers from Srinagar well within the range of the Himalayas and is only a few miles from the international border between India and Pakistan having an average elevation of 8825 feet. The temperature ranges between as low as 4 degrees to 6.3 degrees and the average rainfall is around 25.86 inches. The tourists can enjoy the weather during the summer season when there is scorching heat elsewhere on the plains.
The place located under the imposing hills of the Himalayas is a fascinating place for the tourists. One can reach Gulmarg easily from Srinagar, the state capital, or from the Srinagar airport within two hours by road. Another place called Tanmarg is about an hour’s journey from Srinagar on way to Gulmarg. Tanmarg is also a main tourist attraction and main destination for the skiers skiing down from Gulmarg during the winter season. Gulmarg is just thirty minutes journey from Tanmarg and has several accommodations available at a budget ranging as low as Rs.500/ per night in a hut to as high as Rs6500/ per night with five star facilities. The ropeway Gulmarg Gondola, a cable car operating at such a high altitude is considered as one of the highest in the world. Some other tourist destinations in the vicinity of Gulmarg are Baba Reshi, Tanmarg and Haji Murad at Kreeri that all are places of religious importance and situated within a radius of around 20 kilometers. It is the heartland of winter sports in India.
During the winter, the terrains combine with diverse climatic conditions, such as torrential rains and snowfalls, to make the place a paradise for adventure and nature loving persons from all over the world.
Gulmarg is well connected by road and air. Several tour operators provide the facilities of luxury cars and air-conditioned buses from most of the cities of north India including Amritsar, Ludhiana, Delhi, Agra, Kanpur, and Jaipur to name a few. One can go up to Srinagar by air. They offer a number of holiday packages which include staying, sightseeing and dietary facilities. Their packages are generally for per couple or per person and they make all out efforts to make the tourists stay as comfortable and memorable as possible.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David