ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Gulmarg Holiday Packages And Popular Tourist Places
Total Articles: 116
Gulmarg is a hill station situated in the state of Jammu and Kashmir of India. Its literal meaning is ‘meadow of flowers’ or the place of roses and is a popular skiing spot in the district of Baramula. The place is located at 52 kilometers from Srinagar well within the range of the Himalayas and is only a few miles from the international border between India and Pakistan having an average elevation of 8825 feet. The temperature ranges between as low as 4 degrees to 6.3 degrees and the average rainfall is around 25.86 inches. The tourists can enjoy the weather during the summer season when there is scorching heat elsewhere on the plains.
The place located under the imposing hills of the Himalayas is a fascinating place for the tourists. One can reach Gulmarg easily from Srinagar, the state capital, or from the Srinagar airport within two hours by road. Another place called Tanmarg is about an hour’s journey from Srinagar on way to Gulmarg. Tanmarg is also a main tourist attraction and main destination for the skiers skiing down from Gulmarg during the winter season. Gulmarg is just thirty minutes journey from Tanmarg and has several accommodations available at a budget ranging as low as Rs.500/ per night in a hut to as high as Rs6500/ per night with five star facilities. The ropeway Gulmarg Gondola, a cable car operating at such a high altitude is considered as one of the highest in the world. Some other tourist destinations in the vicinity of Gulmarg are Baba Reshi, Tanmarg and Haji Murad at Kreeri that all are places of religious importance and situated within a radius of around 20 kilometers. It is the heartland of winter sports in India.
During the winter, the terrains combine with diverse climatic conditions, such as torrential rains and snowfalls, to make the place a paradise for adventure and nature loving persons from all over the world.
Gulmarg is well connected by road and air. Several tour operators provide the facilities of luxury cars and air-conditioned buses from most of the cities of north India including Amritsar, Ludhiana, Delhi, Agra, Kanpur, and Jaipur to name a few. One can go up to Srinagar by air. They offer a number of holiday packages which include staying, sightseeing and dietary facilities. Their packages are generally for per couple or per person and they make all out efforts to make the tourists stay as comfortable and memorable as possible.
Travel Articles1. Indian Visa On Arrival
2. Here Are The Top Perfect Destinations For Corporate Outings In Hyderabad:
Author: Aakruthi priya
3. Respect The Events Of The Holiday Season With A Limo Rental Of Atlanta
Author: john wick
4. A Schengen Tourist Visa Allows You To Move Across Many European Countries With A Single Visa
5. Top Destinations To Spend Your Christmas And New Year
6. Breathe In A World Class Resort
Author: Amish Chovan
7. 5 Advantages Of Flying Business Class
Author: Stephen Adair
8. Why Do You Choose Bachelorette Party Bus Rental In Austin?
Author: Robert Lopez
9. Plan Your Best Summer Trip With Collegiate Travels
10. Holiday Appropriate Transportation Made Possible Via Dc Charter Bus Company
Author: David WILSON
11. Collegiate Travels Makes Fraternity Trips Stress Free
12. The Ultimate Elopement With Executive Car Service Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
13. Freedom To Explore South Africa Without Restrictions
14. Rent A Car For The Freedom You Need To Explore Africa At Your Own Pace!
15. Car Rentals To Make Your Airport Journey Affordable And Comfortable In Maui!
Author: Vikram Kumar