ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Goa Holiday Packages And Popular Tourist Places
Total Articles: 116
Goa is comparatively a small state of India situated on the western coast between the borders of Karnataka and Maharashtra. It is also known worldwide as a former Portuguese colony, and is famous for its enchanting beaches, beautiful temples and churches. Tourism is its main industry located predominantly in the coastal areas. Tourists from all over the world, especially from European countries, flock on its beaches mainly during the winter and Indian tourists during the monsoon and rainy seasons.
The beaches extending up to 125 kilometers of its coastline are the main attractions of Goa for the tourists. North Goa is the center of commercial as well as touristic activities with tourist accommodations of low and medium budget are available in abundance. In south Goa one can find private beaches and high-end hotels for those who can afford. There are several beaches in Goa and notable among them are Arambol, Chapora, Anjuna, Morjim, Baga, and Bogmalo, Colva, Majorda, Varca, Benauim, Mabor to name a few in the northern and southern Goa respectively. The Baga and the Anjuna beaches are considered the best among the lot. However, all these are one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. In addition to beaches, there are wildlife sanctuaries like the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary, the Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary, the Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary, the Netravali Wildlife Sanctuary and the Mahadevi Wildlife Sanctuary that boast of the rich biodiversity of Goa.
The famous Salim Ali Bird sanctuary is located on Chorao Island where one can see a variety of birds, parrots, mynas and several others. A tourist has the option of visiting so many museums like Goa State Museum, Naval Aviation Museum or the likes. There are a number of forts as well such as Fort Tiracol, Chapora Fort and Aguada Fort to name just a few.
Goa is well connected by rail, road and air from almost all the cities and towns of India. There are numerous tour operators offering attractive holiday packages that include the facilities for hotel accommodation, sightseeing, airport service, breakfasts and meals. The offers are generally per couple or per person and the rates are reasonable. The Goa’s Tourism department also undertakes such activities as sightseeing tours, river cruises and the likes and they offer their services comparatively at cheaper rates. The people of Goa are famous for their hospitality and they leave no stone unturned to compel the tourists to visit the place again and again.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David