ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Dharamshala Holiday Packages And Popular Tourist Places
Total Articles: 116
Dharamshala is a city situated in Kangra district of the state of Himachal Pradesh in India. It is the head quarter of the Tibetan government in exile and Dalai Lama has made this place his residence since 1959. It is a beautiful hill resort situated at a height of 1457 meters. It has several monuments as well as scenic spots as tourist attractions. The place is well connected by road, rail and air. There are several luxury air-conditioned buses operating from important cities like Amritsar, Delhi, Shimla and Chandigarh or the likes. One can reach Dharamshala by train also and the nearest railway is Chamund Marg only a few kilometers away. One can take aerial route to reach Dharamshala and he would have to take it either from Gaggal Airport or from Shimla.
Talking about the popular tourist places; the first to be mentioned is a place called Haripur-Guler, a twin township of Kangra district, preserves the heritage of the Guler dynasty. The place is full of hills, and one can see the ruins of forts and monuments got built by Raja Harichand. The Kangra Art Museum is another place worth visiting which displays artifacts of Tibetan and Buddhist cultures some of which dating back to 5th century. The Kangra Fort located 20 kilometers from Dharamshala and only three kilometers from Kangra is a monumental structure by the royal family of Kangra displaying architectural excellence. The Tibetan Library is located only three kilometers from Dharamshala is a treasured possession of Tibetan cultures, arts and works. The War Memorial another place of tourist attraction has been built to pay tributes to the supreme sacrifices of the war heroes of Himachal Pradesh in the post independence era.
The memorial is built in a lush green area and is a place of perfect peace and tranquility in consonance of the theme of a war memorial. A tourist can enjoy the scenic beauties of Bhagsu falls and Dal Lake situated in a radius of just two kilometers of MCleodganj. The lake is surrounded by Deodar forests and is a treat to the eyes of the beholders. The Hanuman-Ka-Tibba located on the famous ‘white mountain’ presents spectacular as well as breathtaking natural beautiful sights. Kareri Lake, Neugal khad, Tea gardens, Triund, Baglamukhi Temple, Bajreshwari Temple etc are some other places worth visiting. Several Tour operators offer attractive holiday packages for the tourists to make their stay and sightseeing comfortable.
Travel Articles1. India Viajes Mundial El Mejor Viaje
Author: Jessica Johansson
2. Practical Wedding Transportation Solutions With Tampa Bay Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Overseas Exploration Travel In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
4. Reasons To Choose A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Jai Bhawani
5. Bristol Taxis – Search For The Best Clifton Taxi Service Now!
Author: Michel Umer
6. Krabi Taxi – Krabi Airport Taxi Will Never Let You Down!
Author: Khun Franco
7. Beautiful Beach Tour In Goa
Author: Top Travel
8. Do You Know How Make Your Tour Of Sicily Quite Enthralling?
Author: Christian Guardione
9. India, A Paradise For Bird Watchers
10. Sightseeing Tour Limo In Washington Dc: What Are The Places To Explore?
Author: Mike Johnson
11. Applying Uae Visa Online Helps You Visit Top Tourist Attractions In Dubai
Author: Zuhair Hanif
12. Why You Should Reserve This Incredible Villa For Your Vacation?
13. Travel Myths You Need To Get Rid Of Right Now
Author: Wayne Brook
14. Nyc Car Services Compatible For Babies And Kids
Author: Robert Anhouse
15. How To Make Your Mountain Biking Easy With Travel Guides?
Author: Walter Winkler