ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Dharamshala Holiday Packages And Popular Tourist Places
Total Articles: 116
Dharamshala is a city situated in Kangra district of the state of Himachal Pradesh in India. It is the head quarter of the Tibetan government in exile and Dalai Lama has made this place his residence since 1959. It is a beautiful hill resort situated at a height of 1457 meters. It has several monuments as well as scenic spots as tourist attractions. The place is well connected by road, rail and air. There are several luxury air-conditioned buses operating from important cities like Amritsar, Delhi, Shimla and Chandigarh or the likes. One can reach Dharamshala by train also and the nearest railway is Chamund Marg only a few kilometers away. One can take aerial route to reach Dharamshala and he would have to take it either from Gaggal Airport or from Shimla.
Talking about the popular tourist places; the first to be mentioned is a place called Haripur-Guler, a twin township of Kangra district, preserves the heritage of the Guler dynasty. The place is full of hills, and one can see the ruins of forts and monuments got built by Raja Harichand. The Kangra Art Museum is another place worth visiting which displays artifacts of Tibetan and Buddhist cultures some of which dating back to 5th century. The Kangra Fort located 20 kilometers from Dharamshala and only three kilometers from Kangra is a monumental structure by the royal family of Kangra displaying architectural excellence. The Tibetan Library is located only three kilometers from Dharamshala is a treasured possession of Tibetan cultures, arts and works. The War Memorial another place of tourist attraction has been built to pay tributes to the supreme sacrifices of the war heroes of Himachal Pradesh in the post independence era.
The memorial is built in a lush green area and is a place of perfect peace and tranquility in consonance of the theme of a war memorial. A tourist can enjoy the scenic beauties of Bhagsu falls and Dal Lake situated in a radius of just two kilometers of MCleodganj. The lake is surrounded by Deodar forests and is a treat to the eyes of the beholders. The Hanuman-Ka-Tibba located on the famous ‘white mountain’ presents spectacular as well as breathtaking natural beautiful sights. Kareri Lake, Neugal khad, Tea gardens, Triund, Baglamukhi Temple, Bajreshwari Temple etc are some other places worth visiting. Several Tour operators offer attractive holiday packages for the tourists to make their stay and sightseeing comfortable.
Travel Articles1. Logistical Reasons For A Wedding Shuttle Via Pittsburgh Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus
2. Joint Celebration For The Bride And Groom In A Party Bus Rental Through Phoenix
Author: john wick
3. Are You Planning To India Nepal Tour Packages?
Author: Rakesh Kumar
4. Melt The Stress Away With Honeymoon Limo Service In Gaithersburg
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
5. Easy Transportation Designation For All Bachelor And Bachelorette Party Plans With Pittsburgh Limo S
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
6. Celebrate Before Your Marry Via Party Bus Rental Dc
Author: john wick
7. Zimbabwe Travel Agency - Travel Cost Efficiently
8. Wonderful Manaslu Circuit And Tsum Valley Trekking In Nepal For 2018
Author: Landmark Discovery Treks
9. Tips To Plan A Perfect Honeymoon In Manali
Author: Solang Valley Resorts Manali
10. Take The Best Taxi Services During Winter Vacations – Om Travel
11. The Best Ways To Go Through The Northern Lights
Author: Ross Barkely
12. Hire Tullamarine Airport Transfers For A Comfortable And Safe Ride
13. Tour & Travel Company In India
Author: Services International
14. African Island Holiday Packages Can Be Customized To Meet Your Personal Preferences!
Author: Sandy Russell
15. How About Isla Espiritu Santo- A Tourist Must See
Author: Terry Neal