ALL >> Business >> View Article
Imagine All The People Living Life In Peace…
Total Articles: 300
Lennon never tells you what to do other than Imagine—which is great in itself—but change needs action. So how did he imagine it; what made him think this was possible? His lyrics certainly give several insights as well as an actual “how to” guide but no instruction other than Imagine.
For me, it is hard to imagine “all the people Living life in peace.”When I do, I see people running around in peace t shirts and singing Kumbaya. Maybe it’s my age or that I’m skeptical by nature but I really think Lennon did Imagine it. I like John (and the Beatles) but wasn’t a huge fan; I’m more of a Stone’s, Southern Rocker (Skynyrd, Allman Brothers and CDB)fan, but Imagine, like a lot of great works, makes you think. So, I’ve thought about it but not in terms of right or left or right or wrong. But what would it take to make Lennon’s dream come true?
If you ask the Christians they’ll tell you God is the answer and Buddhist will tell you enlightenment; all religions and philosophies have their own ideology but we don’t share the same belief. So what’s the answer? I think most everyone wants to live in peace, harmony and complete freedom. Worst-casescenario: let’s apply the 80/20 rule: 80% of all people want to live in peace. So we can establish that most all people want to live in peace, the question is how?
Let’s go back to the hits and the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, 1967’s RESPECT: we’ve all heard it, but what if we ALL lived it? Could you imagine what the world would look like if everyone respected each other?
Now, respect doesn’t mean we can’t disagree or we have to cower to a viewpoint different from our own. This type of thinking, this Political Correctness BS, stunts healthy debate, free speech and new ideas.
We don’t have to agree in order to respect each other. My best friend and I both love basketball and used to argue like we were on death row fighting for our lives—you’re right that’s PCBS—about who’s the greatest player of all time. It’s clear it’s Magic (Eddie, I’m writing the story so it’s Magic). He played every position, including playing for Kareem in 1980 to lead the Lakers to championship scoring 42 points. For those of you who may not be basketball fans or too young to remember the 1980 NBA championship, Magic was a rookie point guard and Kareem was a center and veteran star for the Lakers. I’m off the rails a little, but my point is this Jordon is great, but in my opinion Magic is greatest. I still respect my friend Eddie—Jordan and couple of other players could also easily be considered the greatest of all time. It’s too bad we can’t make all of our differences this simple… Or can we?
With respect, maybe we can do more than Imagine Lennon’s world. By the way, it’s also great if you want to wear really cool peace t shirts and sing Kumbaya.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining