ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Backpacker Safety - What Are The Basic Helps?
Total Articles: 12
ATMs are the best way to get cash when you are a backpacker. You should check on your bank’s atm rates when in foreign countries so that you can keep track of what fees you will pay for conversion rates and withdrawals... not budgeting these can cause you to overestimate the money you have left. You also need to find an appropriate balance between withdrawing large amounts of cash at once so as to reduce your atm fees and staying safe with the amount of cash you have on hand.
Atms are everywhere. You can find them in every city at every major train station or airport and in every bank. Since it is unlikely that your local bank will have a branch in another country you can use any ATM you see and still endure the same fees. Almost every ATM offers a multitude of language choices too so you can select English. Nowadays many ATMS will read your card and automatically select the language option.
Be cautious of using your credit card at ATMs as a backpacker . Only use your debit card. If you use your credit card the withdrawal will be treated as a cash advance which will give you major fines. You want to use a debit card with a 4 digit pin. ATMS in Europe will not accept codes longer than that or any codes with letters in them. Make sure the card you have has a Visa or MasterCard logo on it. These are accepted just about everywhere.
Before you head out as a backpacker consider the following banks for the best ATM terms:
There is no currency conversion charge with Capital One and you are charged a flat fee of just $1.5 per ATM transaction.
There is a 2% currency conversion charge and only $1.50 per transaction.
Keep a backup card. The worst thing that can happen to you during an ATM transaction is for your card to be eaten or lost. If it is eaten you need to call and have it cancelled immediately and then get a new one. Be sure to have a backup card to tide you over during emergencies such as these.
Are you planning on doing a trip where you will include backpacking to different countries? If the answer is yes, then you better make sure that you find yourself cheap backpacker travel insurance. Travel insurance is a must if you are planning on leaving the country. Without backpacker insurance you are not covered if you get sick or have an accident while you are away.
About the Author-
Hi I’m Ash Clark and this is TheMostAlive.com a space dedicated to sharing stories, photography and videos from unique destinations across our world. We hope they inspire you to discover the world you live in as well.
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara