ALL >> Education >> View Article
Help, Help, Help, Sell
Total Articles: 38
Here's a fundamental difference between copywriting offline and copywriting for the web...
- Give or take, my job as a copywriter offline was to sell, sell, sell, sell.
- Online, I think, my job is best described as help, help, help, sell.
Because web sites are a pain for buyers and searchers. Much harder to 'use' than a physical store or library, a brochure or a catalog. The biggest problem being -- no two sites work exactly the same. There are always differences in appearance, architecture, navigation.
The result: Every first-time visitor to your site has to pause, look around and figure out how your site actually 'works'. Where is stuff? How do I get there? Can I figure out how you have organized everything?
We don't have problems like that with a catalog. Every catalog starts with the front cover, then you turn the page to see what comes next, and so on. Web sites aren't like that. They 'unfold' in different ways.
And that's where the 'help' comes in.
Before you can think about selling, you first need to help each visitor find what they are looking for, whether that be a product, a service or simply information.
Every headline, subhead, block of short text and link text needs to be helping the visitor. You need to guide them, inform them, direct them. And, of course, at the same time, pre-sell them. Make them feel confident as they click their way through the pages. Make them feel good as you direct and help them forward.
Help them with clear headings, descriptions and links. Keep them feeling confident that they are just a click or two away from finding what they really want.
Once you have done that, once you have been truly helpful...you will have achieved a number of things.
First, you will have taken them to where they want to be with the minimum of fuss, confusion and wasted clicks. And that means higher conversion rates.
Second, you will have taken them to that final page in a very positive state of mind. They will be feeling good about your site. Feeling positive about the experience. Feeling delighted that they have found what they wanted so quickly and easily.
And then, and only then....Sell.
Yes, at the end of the day, it's all about selling. But the emphasis, the state of mind you bring to the process, can make a big difference.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy