ALL >> Education >> View Article
Help, Help, Help, Sell
Total Articles: 38
Here's a fundamental difference between copywriting offline and copywriting for the web...
- Give or take, my job as a copywriter offline was to sell, sell, sell, sell.
- Online, I think, my job is best described as help, help, help, sell.
Because web sites are a pain for buyers and searchers. Much harder to 'use' than a physical store or library, a brochure or a catalog. The biggest problem being -- no two sites work exactly the same. There are always differences in appearance, architecture, navigation.
The result: Every first-time visitor to your site has to pause, look around and figure out how your site actually 'works'. Where is stuff? How do I get there? Can I figure out how you have organized everything?
We don't have problems like that with a catalog. Every catalog starts with the front cover, then you turn the page to see what comes next, and so on. Web sites aren't like that. They 'unfold' in different ways.
And that's where the 'help' comes in.
Before you can think about selling, you first need to help each visitor find what they are looking for, whether that be a product, a service or simply information.
Every headline, subhead, block of short text and link text needs to be helping the visitor. You need to guide them, inform them, direct them. And, of course, at the same time, pre-sell them. Make them feel confident as they click their way through the pages. Make them feel good as you direct and help them forward.
Help them with clear headings, descriptions and links. Keep them feeling confident that they are just a click or two away from finding what they really want.
Once you have done that, once you have been truly helpful...you will have achieved a number of things.
First, you will have taken them to where they want to be with the minimum of fuss, confusion and wasted clicks. And that means higher conversion rates.
Second, you will have taken them to that final page in a very positive state of mind. They will be feeling good about your site. Feeling positive about the experience. Feeling delighted that they have found what they wanted so quickly and easily.
And then, and only then....Sell.
Yes, at the end of the day, it's all about selling. But the emphasis, the state of mind you bring to the process, can make a big difference.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program