ALL >> Travel >> View Article
New York Museums To Be A Part Of Your Itinerary
Total Articles: 50
New York, the Big Apple is home to number of museums. No matter whether you are an art lover, interested in exploring the past or want to take a closer look at NY’s cultural history, museums in the city have something for everyone. Following are the museums that must be considered, if you are booking New York flights:
Metropolitan Museum of Art
For art lovers holidaying in New York, visiting this museum is a must. MMA is one of the largest museums in the entire city. Majestic interiors of the museum consist of tall columns, water fountains and beautiful windows. Variety of permanent and temporary exhibitions are available in the museum. The exhibitions feature magnificent art works created by amateur as well as international artists. There is an exhibition that focuses on the Stone Age artworks. One of the most unique exhibits in Metropolitan Museum of Art is Egyptian Art Gallery which was a offered as a gift to the Americas by the Egyptian kings.
American Museum of Natural History
It is one of the most visited museums not only in New York but in the entire country as well. Its architecture makes more buzz than the exhibitions. The building represents an incredible blend of variety of architectural styles. Main highlight of the museum is bronze statue of President Theodore Roosevelt on horseback. On four storeys of the museum, you would come across 42 permanent exhibitions apart from numerous temporary ones. If you are booking flights to New York with your kids, take them to the museum so that you can explore different aspects of ecology, biology, anthropology, and astronomy. Extensive collection of artifacts also keeps people coming to the museum. Night at the Museum was shot entirely in the museum.
Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
It was founded in 1952 by Solomon R. Guggenheim. The museum has one of the most recognized designs in New York. While walking around the Upper East Side in Manhattan, you can easily find the spiral structure in which the museum is located. The design also gives a feel of cup of tea. Collections in the museums comprises of artworks belonging to contemporary, early Modern, Post-Impressionist and impressionist times. Apart from these permanent exhibits, you can admire the works feature in special exhibitions. Art lovers book cheap flights to New York to take a closer look at sculptures and modern paintings created by renowned artists such as Picasso, Brancusi, Giacometti, Kandinsky, Van Gogh and Robert Delaunay. The museum has been used as a location for several movies and TV series. Most notable are Men in Black, The International, Ugly Betty, Downtown 81 and When in Rome.
This article was written by Melissa Newman, a travel expert and content writer currently working for a leading UK travel agent called Globehunters. Melissa thrives in writing and helping people find cheap deals and flights to New York to holidays to New York.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson