ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Wood Floor Sanding: Restore The Floors To Their Earlier Glory
Total Articles: 23
Why do most people have wooden flooring at their homes? The reason is not only the fact that they add a certain charm to the ambience of the home, but they are also one of the easiest types of floorings to maintain which makes them a popular flooring choice.
But everything loses its charm after a couple of years and to ensure that your wooden flooring don’t look dull and uneven after a few years, you should periodically go for Wood Floor Sanding to have your floors back to their former glory.
The process of sanding is very easy and you can easily do it at your home provided you have the right resources. In this article, we will give you a clear cut procedure which will make sanding an easy process for you.
First and foremost to begin your Wood Floor Refurbishment, you have to keep certain pointers in mind. Doing it by yourself would require certain machines, and you can hire them beforehand to ensure that the process is done in an easy way. The room where you want to start the sanding process, you should clear the room of all the items. The procedure involves cleaning the floor by rubbing it with sand paper. There will a lot of dust flying when you start the process. So, if you do not want a mess around, you can either cover up the items in the room, or clear it off.
The next step is to hire machines called the sander. There are different types of machines available and you need to decide which one will perform the cleaning process better by checking out the belts in these machines. Avoid jerky actions during the cleaning process because this might leave in more scratches. After this process has been completed, you can use a 50 grit sand belt to remove the finer scratches left by the earlier machine. The procedure has to be done in a step by step manner and you also need to adhere to the steps accordingly.
While sanding, you will also notice that there are some stains which you will not be able to remove. Like the stains which are left behind by the pets. You need to be aware of such stains and avoid being too hard on the floors. All you can do is clean it once or twice and if it does not budge, you can easily top it off with a lacquer to hide the stains momentarily. But they will come up again once the lacquer starts fading after a few months’ time.
Thus, you see, sanding is a very tedious process if you want to do it all on your own. Wood Floor renovation is a dreary job and especially so if you do not want to bring in the experts. The advantage of getting experts is the fact that since they are trained, the process is much easier and done in a faster and non-messy way.
Home and Garden Articles1. Electrical Service Upgrade For Safe And Uninterrupted Energy Consumption
Author: Christine Delongte
2. 4 Reasons Why Renovating Your Cottage Is A Good Idea
Author: Christine Delongte
3. Guide To Buying Wooden Wall Clocks For Homes And Offices
Author: Jeremy Kugler
4. Emergency Plumbing Repair Service For Home And Office
Author: Jack Ronald
5. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
6. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
7. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
8. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
9. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
10. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
11. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
14. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
15. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov