ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Wood Floor Sanding: Restore The Floors To Their Earlier Glory
Total Articles: 21
Why do most people have wooden flooring at their homes? The reason is not only the fact that they add a certain charm to the ambience of the home, but they are also one of the easiest types of floorings to maintain which makes them a popular flooring choice.
But everything loses its charm after a couple of years and to ensure that your wooden flooring don’t look dull and uneven after a few years, you should periodically go for Wood Floor Sanding to have your floors back to their former glory.
The process of sanding is very easy and you can easily do it at your home provided you have the right resources. In this article, we will give you a clear cut procedure which will make sanding an easy process for you.
First and foremost to begin your Wood Floor Refurbishment, you have to keep certain pointers in mind. Doing it by yourself would require certain machines, and you can hire them beforehand to ensure that the process is done in an easy way. The room where you want to start the sanding process, you should clear the room of all the items. The procedure involves cleaning the floor by rubbing it with sand paper. There will a lot of dust flying when you start the process. So, if you do not want a mess around, you can either cover up the items in the room, or clear it off.
The next step is to hire machines called the sander. There are different types of machines available and you need to decide which one will perform the cleaning process better by checking out the belts in these machines. Avoid jerky actions during the cleaning process because this might leave in more scratches. After this process has been completed, you can use a 50 grit sand belt to remove the finer scratches left by the earlier machine. The procedure has to be done in a step by step manner and you also need to adhere to the steps accordingly.
While sanding, you will also notice that there are some stains which you will not be able to remove. Like the stains which are left behind by the pets. You need to be aware of such stains and avoid being too hard on the floors. All you can do is clean it once or twice and if it does not budge, you can easily top it off with a lacquer to hide the stains momentarily. But they will come up again once the lacquer starts fading after a few months’ time.
Thus, you see, sanding is a very tedious process if you want to do it all on your own. Wood Floor renovation is a dreary job and especially so if you do not want to bring in the experts. The advantage of getting experts is the fact that since they are trained, the process is much easier and done in a faster and non-messy way.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi