ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Santantoni De Calonge
Total Articles: 14
SantAntoni de Calonge is a beautiful town situated in Catalonia, just a few kilometres away from Palamos and SantFeliu de Guixols. It used to be a fishing village built on the craggy shore in the north of Spain. Now, it is a picturesque family resort with a scenic beach and attractive promenade which connects it with neighbouring towns.
SantAntoni de Calonge is a lovely place, a perfect mixture of nature wonders and cultural heritage. Some of the most beautiful coves and sandy beaches of the Costa Brava are situated here, especially along the Cami de Ronda where recluse lochs stretch to the town of Platjad’Aro. Some of these coves can be explored by snorkeling or kayaking. In the south of the town you can find an old watchtower Torre Valentina, or visit a medieval castle and the church of Sant Marti. The town also offers a range of shops, little bars and restaurants.
A stay in SantAntoni Calonge villas guarantees a lot of excitement and fun. Simply take a walk along its streets and you will feel a thousand year history. Carrer Major, Carrer del Calcul, Placa de la Doma and Placa Major are all places worth visiting. The most significant spot of the town is The Calonge castle dating back to the 8th century. If you are visiting SantAntoni de Calonge at Easter, check the Medieval Fair when this castle is abundant in shows and displays from old times.
Get acquainted with Patí de vela, a sail craft with a long tradition. It is safe and easy and really ideal for children. If you prefer more active sports, try kayaking. SantAntoni de Calonge is perfect for cycling for its beautiful scenery and emblematic points of the Costa Brava. Horse riding through fields, vineyards and crop land is enjoyable as well.
When all you wish for is a day in the sun, visit the beaches of SantAntoni de Calonge. They all have Blue Flag, and are mostly fine sand beaches. Especially beautiful is the Torre Valentina Beach. It is a very wide beach with a standing medieval watchtower. The beach is separated from the town by the river. CalaCristus - SesTorretes beach stands out for its wide coves and rocks.When you are in search of more than just lying on the beach, try out the programme EstiuActiu which offers over 500 activities designed for family.
There is a lot more to discover in this pretty town from its coastal paths and mountain trails to its vineyards and cellars. It will be even more exciting and comfortable at the same time if you discover it from SantAntoni de Calonge villas.
If you are looking for a luxurious villa for holidays and Get more information on vakantiehuis spanje.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David