ALL >> Education >> View Article
19 Secrets To Making Your Ad Copy More Effective
Total Articles: 37
The sales letter is the key; the sales letter is the key - echoes through the Internet marketing mountains.
Ad copy, sales copy, sales letter, copywriting or whatever you want to call it - the goal is the same for every Internet marketing business.
Get the traffic and convert the hits into cash. And how do you do just that? With an effective sales letter.
Let's find out how to make your sales letter more effective.
1. Create a "teeth-pulling" headline. We live in a headline society. Ignore this fact, and you lose. With the overload of information, people don't have the time to stop at every webpage and read it. Instead, they use the headlines to direct their attention. If your headline doesn't pull them to your sales letter, they may just pass by your information and off they go to your competitor.
In your headline, do something for the reader. Tell them how to solve a problem, ask them a question that will peak their interest, give them what they want, pull them by their "teeth" and tell them to sit down and read. Instead of saying: "Increase Your Profits," say something like: "How to increase your profits for a whole 50% in the next month," or "How would you like to see your profits increase for a whole 50% in the following month?"
2. Include a picture of yourself in your sales copy. That will show people that you're not hiding behind your website and you're not afraid to back up your claims.
3. Introduce yourself before you start the body of your sales letter. That way when you make a statement with an "I" people won't be scratching their heads saying: "Who in the world is this person telling me all this stuff?"
4. Make your ad copy an article or a report of some sort. Educate them or inform them of something related to the product you're selling. Majority of the people don't go online to spend money but to read free information. When your ad copy sounds like an article, they will not ignore it. That's because they will not get the feeling that you're trying to sell them something. At least not at the beginning. Your job will then be to slowly lead them to your sales link.
5. Be focused and talk to only one person with your sales letter. You and I. Just like when having a conversation. Have you noticed that I'm only talking to you right now and not a group of people?
6. Make sure that the ad copy is "YOU" oriented and not full of "I's, me's, my's." Unfortunately, your potential customer has absolutely no interest in you nor your business or service. They don't care for you. Instead, he or she is preoccupied entirely with his or her own needs, wants, wishes, interests and so on. Concentrate on telling them what's in it for them and not you.
7. No copy is long copy. It could only get boring. You visitor will read until he or she gets bored. So, don't worry about the length of your ad copy. Keep it interesting at all times. It helps to ask someone to read it for you. How do you make it interesting? As long as you're greatly focused on your potential customer, they will be reading.
8. Have fun with the paragraphs. Don't write massive letters with no breaks in between. Make one paragraph with one sentence, next one with 2 or 3 and so on. And keep the sentences short and to the point. Having massive paragraphs with run-on sentences discourages people from reading.
9. Make the sales copy "scanable." When people arrive at your page they usually scroll down and back up before they start reading. Along this "scanning" process, they will stop at everything that gets their attention. How do you make a page scanable?
Do anything that will break the monotony. Have various different sub-headlines indicating what each section in your ad copy is all about. Highlight certain lines, make them bold, include bullet points, and so on.
10. Make your sales copy friendly. How do you do that? Don't forget what separates amateur from a professional. You don't have to be perfect, but there's no reason for you to be sloppy either. What kind of a feeling do you get when you see clutter and how do you feel when you see a well organized page?
Provide a lot of white space. A white background with black lettering would be sufficient. Organize your page, align your text and images so when your visitor arrives, he or she feels comfortable and has a good feeling about it.
11. The only job of your sales copy is to sell and not impress. Keeping it as simple as possible will do you more good than trying to impress them with your design. Anything that you include in your sales letter and adds absolutely no value to the sales process, will only distract your visitors and break their concentration. You lost the sale.
12. People buy benefits. Your job with the ad copy is to tell your visitors what benefits they will get when they buy your product. More benefits, better the chances to make the sale. Organize the benefits so they're easily noticeable. So, if your visitors decide to just scan your page and not read it, they will at least see the benefits and maybe stop to read them.
13. Include a guarantee statement. That will increase the integrity. People will trust you more when you tell them that you guarantee your product, and that will deliver the benefits - or their money back.
14. Don't mention the price until the last quarter of your letter. And even then, make it sound that it will be their investment and not an expense. Tell them what they're investing in - the benefits - when they purchase your product.
Education Articles1. Interior Design Course In Chennai
2. Software Testing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
3. I Owe My Success To The Top Engineering College; Jmit
Author: ponting brown
4. Pass Microsoft Dynamics 365 Mb6-895 Exam In First Attempt With Valid Mb6-895 Exam Questions
Author: Bella Henry
5. Study Mbbs In Ukraine- One-stop-place To Study Mbbs
Author: kamal sharma
6. Why 2013 Is The Year Of Php
7. Best Web Designing Tools (2018)
8. Take The Help Of College Counseling For Getting Admission Abroad
Author: Michelle andre
9. Aspiring To Study Abroad? Take Up The Pte First Before Applying For Student Visa
Author: Mia Seal
10. Engineering In Artificial Intelligence
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
11. How Pmp Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career?
12. Best Digital Marketing Course In Hyderabad
Author: sai bhargav
13. How Nbfc Companies In Mumbai Is Changing Things For Student Loan:
Author: Eduvanz provides low cost, smart loans to finance
14. Common Mistakes A Graphic Designer Must Always Avoid...
Author: pankaj singh
15. Career Scope In Animation
Author: Visual Media