ALL >> Legal >> View Article
The Dui Legal Process
Total Articles: 1
When you are arrested for driving or boating under the influence, the officer takes away your driving license and gives you a pink slip that serves as a Notice of Suspension as well as a temporary license for 30 days. You can use it while your DUI trial is being heard.
When you are arrested for driving or boating under the influence, the officer takes away your driving license and gives you a pink slip that serves as a Notice of Suspension as well as a temporary license for 30 days. You can use it while your DUI trial is being heard. DUI defense attorneys help their clients schedule a DMV hearing within the required period of 10 days after they are issued with the pink slip. The DUI defense law firm you hire will provide you with a lawyer that will help you contest the suspension of your license. A good driving under the influence defense lawyer will make sure that you schedule the hearing within the 10 day time frame in order that you may not automatically lose your license.
Musca Law DUI attorneys may schedule your hearing with the Driver Safety Office of your state DMV and will represent you at the DMV hearing. This hearing offers you and your Musca Law DUI lawyer a chance to give testimony and evidence that may help get your driving or boating privileges back until your DUI trial is heard. The hearing is not meant to determine whether or not you are guilty of driving under the influence. Its only purpose is to help determine whether or not you will keep your boating or driving privileges. A competent, experienced Musca Law attorney knows exactly what evidence and/or paperwork you need to get the best outcome from the DMV hearing.
The DUI court process can be quite complex because in addition to a DMV hearing, it also involves Superior Court Proceedings. You need qualified Musca Law DUI attorneys on your side to make sense of the whole process and prepare you for what is to come.
The DUI arrest marks the beginning of the DUI charge and court process. A traffic police officer pulls you over upon observing erratic behavior and other indications that you may be drunk or high. If the cop believes you are high, he arrests you and takes away your license. Following the arrest, you may be held in custody. In this time, you may have to post bail or may be released on your own recognizance. Thereafter, you need to consult a Musca Law DUI lawyer to help you schedule a court date. If your Musca Law attorney fails to do this a warrant for your arrest will be issued and youll spend some time behind bars.
The next step is arraignment where the judge reads you the pending DWI charges. Your Musca Law DWI lawyer will advice you whether or not to plead guilty or not guilty before the court. Thereafter, your Musca Law DUI attorneys may file pretrial motions that may include a motion to suppress evidence or any other action that may help your case. At this point, the prosecuting attorney may offer you a plea bargain wherein you can plead guilty in return for a lesser charge. Hiring a Musca Law DUI lawyer who has good success rates is your best bet for getting the best outcome.
Legal Articles1. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyers In Md- Protecting Debitor And Creditor Instantaneously
2. Search Law Firms, Top Advocates, Lawyers
Author: Advacto legal Solutions
3. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help You From The Legal Charges
4. The Experience Of Working With A Work Injury Lawyer In Pennsylvania
Author: Ryan Harvey
5. What Can Springfield Missouri Family Lawyers In Greene County Do For You?
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
6. Denton Child Custody Attorney: A Perfect And Healthy Solution
Author: Mark N John
7. 15 Common Myths About Child Custody
Author: V. Wayne Ward
8. Getting Out Of Trouble: Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
9. Five Tips By Springfield Missouri Child Custody Attorneys In Greene County To Help Get You To A Posi
Author: Kirk C. Stange
10. Getting Out Of Trouble: An Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. Important Considerations Before Hiring A Family Law Divorce Attorney
12. Five Injuries That Triggers You To Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm In Dallas For The Compensation Cl
Author: Nick Feizy
13. Expert Felony Case Lawyer & Local Divorce Attorney
14. Should You Get An Attorney For A Car Accident That Wasn't Your Fault?
15. 10 Quick Tips On How To Find A Divorce Lawyer
Author: V. Wayne Ward