ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
How Businesses Can Tackle The Security Issue Of Cloud Computing?
Total Articles: 304
Ever since the inception of cloud computing, it has been embraced by business owners to help them transform their business. The use of applications assisting in automating the sale process, HR management, collaboration and email and file sharing has increased drastically after the advent of the cloud computing. Businesses are able to achieve their goals faster and in a more secure method than before. However, this ubiquitous presence of cloud computing has made businesses like banking, insurance, defence and public sector etc. rethink about data security. Thought, the companies enforce a handsome number of policies, rules and restrictions but when the data is in the cloud, they have lesser chances to deal with illegal outflow, theft or illegitimate access. In many countries, the government has created laws for data protection to tighten the screws over data thieves, hackers and broachers. In the UK for example, the ICO (Information Commissioners' Office) is in charge of penalizing the companies that are found
breaching the Data Protection Act. It is also responsible to see that the information is secured in the cloud unequivocally within the company and not with the cloud service provider. However, ICO itself says that all its efforts have been ineffective, as the incidents of data theft have increased 10 times in the last 5 years. A survey conducted by Ernst & Young reveals that, only 38 percent organizations in the UK are equipped with adequate laws and tools to tackle data theft and illegal breach.
These risks may appear higher, but by proper implementation of cloud information security, businesses can reduce them considerably. This security approach involves a three-step process.
1. Who should be given the right to access the data and who should not?
2. What content is sensitive, proprietary and worthy of putting under access regulations?
3. Where will this sensitive data reside on the server, and what would be the degree of security, privacy and other laws applying on it?
After determining the answers to these questions, the next step is to implement the protection by using precisely chosen tools.
Encryption – A baseline, unbreakable code like 256 bit AES can scramble the sensitive information into undecipherable codes making it secure from unauthorized viewers. By installing cloud information platform, you ensure that the data moving within the cloud network is secured and protected before it leaves the office.
Retain the keys – Business owners should keep the keys responsible for encrypting and deciphering the information under their control. Thus, anyone looking to access any information will have to seek permission of the data owner, even if the data is stored on a third party cloud.
Cloud data loss prevention – A business owner should customize his policies to prevent cloud data loss. This involves scanning, detecting and taking stern actions to protect sensitive and confidential data.
A recent breakthrough involving operation, preservation and encryption has solved the problem of encryption and breaking cloud applications in real time. Open platform makes it capable of supporting major cloud applications and integrating third party tools to provide a stable security foundation.
The popularity of cloud has made every business think seriously about data protection. This is a good element, as businesses will now implement more secured data protection tools. Business owners and IT admin will collaborate to find newer ways of securing sensitive information. By embracing new cloud based security systems they will easily swell their security parameters and comply with privacy regulations alongside.
Author works with one of best mobile application developers working together to raise the bar of mobile app development Dallas. The mobile application companies in Noida has created more than 300 applications for clients from various industry verticals.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. What Are The Advantages Of Different Flexible Cables?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
2. Why Shuttered Sockets Are Recommended For All Homes?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
3. Get A Higher Rank On Msn
4. Quick Fixes And Solutions For Issues With Playstation 4
Author: Angel Smith
5. Stay And Drive Safe On Roads With Life Hammer And Safety Hammer Device
6. Why Led Road Flares Are Of Exclusive Options For Car Owners/drivers
7. Missed Call Marketing Solutions Gaining Grounds In India
Author: Aaditya Aggarwal
8. Maxeler Real Time Risk Available On Aws F1
9. Expert Samsung Service Centre In Manchester – Samsung Repairing Centre
10. Give Your Business An Unprecedented Boost With 4g Phones
Author: Bhairavi Chandra
11. Issues & Solutions For Iphone 6s Plus In The Uk
Author: Angel Smith
12. How Tracking Tool Helps Locate The Whereabouts Of Your Shipment
Author: Grace Dervishi
13. Fast Sony Psp, Ps3, Ps4 Repairs At Games Repairer Manchester Centre
14. Low Cost Lg Phone Repair In Glasgow – Lg Repairing Centre
15. How To Find The Professional Xbox Repair Centre?
Author: Console repairing