ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
How Businesses Can Tackle The Security Issue Of Cloud Computing?
Total Articles: 304
Ever since the inception of cloud computing, it has been embraced by business owners to help them transform their business. The use of applications assisting in automating the sale process, HR management, collaboration and email and file sharing has increased drastically after the advent of the cloud computing. Businesses are able to achieve their goals faster and in a more secure method than before. However, this ubiquitous presence of cloud computing has made businesses like banking, insurance, defence and public sector etc. rethink about data security. Thought, the companies enforce a handsome number of policies, rules and restrictions but when the data is in the cloud, they have lesser chances to deal with illegal outflow, theft or illegitimate access. In many countries, the government has created laws for data protection to tighten the screws over data thieves, hackers and broachers. In the UK for example, the ICO (Information Commissioners' Office) is in charge of penalizing the companies that are found
breaching the Data Protection Act. It is also responsible to see that the information is secured in the cloud unequivocally within the company and not with the cloud service provider. However, ICO itself says that all its efforts have been ineffective, as the incidents of data theft have increased 10 times in the last 5 years. A survey conducted by Ernst & Young reveals that, only 38 percent organizations in the UK are equipped with adequate laws and tools to tackle data theft and illegal breach.
These risks may appear higher, but by proper implementation of cloud information security, businesses can reduce them considerably. This security approach involves a three-step process.
1. Who should be given the right to access the data and who should not?
2. What content is sensitive, proprietary and worthy of putting under access regulations?
3. Where will this sensitive data reside on the server, and what would be the degree of security, privacy and other laws applying on it?
After determining the answers to these questions, the next step is to implement the protection by using precisely chosen tools.
Encryption – A baseline, unbreakable code like 256 bit AES can scramble the sensitive information into undecipherable codes making it secure from unauthorized viewers. By installing cloud information platform, you ensure that the data moving within the cloud network is secured and protected before it leaves the office.
Retain the keys – Business owners should keep the keys responsible for encrypting and deciphering the information under their control. Thus, anyone looking to access any information will have to seek permission of the data owner, even if the data is stored on a third party cloud.
Cloud data loss prevention – A business owner should customize his policies to prevent cloud data loss. This involves scanning, detecting and taking stern actions to protect sensitive and confidential data.
A recent breakthrough involving operation, preservation and encryption has solved the problem of encryption and breaking cloud applications in real time. Open platform makes it capable of supporting major cloud applications and integrating third party tools to provide a stable security foundation.
The popularity of cloud has made every business think seriously about data protection. This is a good element, as businesses will now implement more secured data protection tools. Business owners and IT admin will collaborate to find newer ways of securing sensitive information. By embracing new cloud based security systems they will easily swell their security parameters and comply with privacy regulations alongside.
Author works with one of best mobile application developers working together to raise the bar of mobile app development Dallas. The mobile application companies in Noida has created more than 300 applications for clients from various industry verticals.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Importance Of Having A Firewall In Pc
2. Global Human Machine Interface Market, By Product
Author: Shivani Singh
3. Quick Ways To Fix Issues With Your Samsung Phone Repair Manchester
Author: Tony Blair
4. Why You Should Choose Electrical Contractors With Reliable Services?
5. Global High-end Lighting Market Share
6. Iphone 5 Repair Shop In The Uk
Author: iPhone Services in the UK
7. When Do You Need To Replace An Electrical Power Control Panel?
Author: Bruce Walker
8. 5 Things To Consider In Buying Bluetooth Speakers
Author: Rioven Schmidt
9. Top 3 Benefits Of Using An Ecommerce Platform
Author: Gaurav Jain
10. What Is An Led (light Emitting Diode)?
Author: Rahul Satish
11. Global Emotion Detection & Recognition Market
Author: Shivani Singh
12. Quick Ways To Solve Problems With Mobile Phone Repair Manchester
Author: Tony Blair
13. Super Saving Plan On Christmas - 75m Cable Internet Plan In Ontario At $29.98/m.
Author: CanNet Teleocm Inc
14. Features Of Fingerprints Security Devices
Author: Polytech Component Pte Ltd
15. Playstation 4 Pro Repair Shop In The Uk
Author: PlayStation Store in the UK