ALL >> Career >> View Article
Tips On How To Get Promoted In A Food Job Industry In Ny
Total Articles: 15
Getting promoted in the food job you are in sometimes proves relatively easy but getting ahead can be difficult especially in established operations such as food companies in New York, NY where employees have held their positions for a long period of time!
Here are some tips for advancing or moving sideways:
1. Put pride, passion and belief in everything you do.
• Work with sense of pride. Be driven with genuine enthusiasm and desire to do your best no matter how small the job is.
2. Don't stop learning.
• Back your desire and pride with skills, knowledge, direction and action. Cross-training and showing willingness to work will help your continuous learning. There are a lot of schools and organization in New York that would greatly improve your cooking skills or any other skill you would need to excel in the food job you currently have.
3. Take challenges as opportunities.
• Look at challenges as opportunities to shine. Do not think of washing the dishes in the restaurant (even if you are a waiter) you are working for is an additional chore instead take it as an additional responsibility entrusted to you.
4. Do you BEST all the time.
• I consider this as one of the most important tip on how to get promoted. Do your best NOW in whatever food job you are in especially in city like NY where people are very competitive. Do not bask in the glory of your previous work. That is gone. In all likelihood, no one else cares about it especially your bosses. Do not think too much about future projects that are not implemented yet. It's still in the future. It is not here yet. Focus on DOING your best NOW. It determines how you are being judged. When you reflect too much on the past and think too much about the future, you forget to focus on the NOW.
5. Go more than beyond what is expected.
• If you want to know how to get promoted, do more than the necessary. That means volunteering for work and taking the initiative to make a job better. It also means not sitting around waiting for work to come to you. Bosses like people who can help them solve problems. Even if the problem is not yours, but if you feel you can be of help and have the expertise to solve it, then volunteer to help. You become the team’s competitive advantage when you do that. And bosses like people who give their unit an advantage over the others. Helping your team stay ahead is then helping you stay ahead too.
Set reasonable goals and expectations because food jobs could quickly cause job burnout. New York food jobs have historic tendencies of allowing inexperienced people to work their way up into management and ownership positions. But this doesn’t mean it is guaranteed. Workers who fail to communicate their desires to advance could end up creating unreasonable expectations working extra hours and performing duties outside their job descriptions without getting anywhere.
Sometimes, you will have to move on to other food jobs to get ahead, even if it means leaving a restaurant in New York where you love working at. Either way, it is a good idea to plan how you are going to attain your professional goals and exercise patience but persistence.
Brain Redmond is working as a recruiter in a major recruiting agency in USA. He writes articles providing career building tips to job seekers both fresh and seasoned. In the given article, he highlights various aspects of food job industry in newyork . Off late, he is regularly following Itsmycareer.com to get recent job updates.
Career Articles1. Affordable Mbbs Course Fees Study Abroad Destinations
Author: Universal Education Consultants
2. The Difference Between Leadership And Management Is Dicey
3. Why Should You Choose Full Time Digital Marketing Training Institute?
Author: Kunal Iyer
4. The Ease And Comfort Of Pursuing Courses In Digital Marketing
Author: Krutika Sharma
5. How Should I Get Searched My Dream Job?
Author: This article is written by Jobs poster.
6. Pr For Canada
Author: Sunland Education
7. 3 Types Of People Always Succeed In The Journey Called Life
Author: Olivia James
8. Download Talathi Previous Year Question Papers
9. How To Develop Websites
10. How To Get Education Loan From Bank
11. Which Is The Best Nda Coaching Center In Chandigarh?
Author: Jyoti Sandhu
12. Fundamental Skills For Every Project Manager
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
13. Finest Institute For Sap Training Certification Courses In Noida
Author: Shanaya Sharma
14. Magento Vs. Shopify: The Crucial Decision For Building An Online Store
Author: Kartik Patel
15. The Prerequisites Of Getting A Pg Diploma Certification!
Author: Bhargav Himnshu