ALL >> Health >> View Article
Cellulite Reduction Treatment
Total Articles: 137
Cellulite is not considered a specific disease; however it can be noted as a cosmetic concern. Cellulite refers to the appearance of dimpled skin and results in skin having a similar appearance to cottage cheese. Cellulite is most common in areas of fat deposits and is the result of the unevenness of this fatty tissue beneath the skin surface. It is most noticeable on the thighs, hips, buttocks and abdomen. Cellulite is more common in females compared to males. While it is not a serious medical condition, cellulite can be unsightly.
The appearance of cellulite is believed to be due to hormonally mediated fat deposition, genetic pre-disposition, lifestyle and diet amongst others. Lifestyle plays a major role in cellulite formation. Foods with saturated fats, alcohol and smoking all contribute to cellulite formation. It is interesting to note that cellulite can occur in slim as well as obese individuals and is not necessarily associated with obesity or overweight.
There are various treatments available on the market for treatment of cellulite. It is important to choose the treatment that suits you best. Some treatments may work well for one individual and yet not have the same effect for another, therefore treatment should be individualised depending on the area the cellulite is present. It is important to research the potential cellulite treatment you are considering as all treatments have benefits as well as drawbacks.
Cellulite Reduction Treatments:
• Laser treatment: A machine which emits a low-level laser beam is used to melt fat under the skin. This treatment is non-invasive. Studies have shown that low-level laser therapy has shown to cause fat and cellulite reductions as well as cause an improvement in blood lipid profile.
• Mesotherapy: Micro-injections are introduced into the mesoderm which is the middle layer of the skin. Mesotherapy is used to minimise the appearance of cellulite with a blend of vitamins and caffeine. For treatment of cellulite, mesotherapy helps in the elimination of toxins and excess fluid as well as dissolving fatty cells that are resistant to diet and exercise.
• Topical creams: One of the most popular options for reducing the appearance of cellulite is the use of topical cellulite creams. Topical cellulite creams carry various advantages over other cellulite treatments in that they are available as over the counter products that are easy to use, non-invasive and less expensive than other treatment options. Cellulite creams do not completely remove cellulite from the body, but are designed and formulated to reduce the look of cellulite.
• Liposuction: This is a surgical procedure used to remove unwanted body fat. Although it has also been marketed as a treatment for cellulite, liposuction removes fat cells and can alter the body shape, but it will not remove cellulite and may actually worsen the appearance of cellulite.
• Massage: Many people experience relief and improvement in the appearance of cellulite by massaging affected locations. Massaging the area results in a temporary effect due to re-distribution of any excess fluid, but it will not remove cellulite permanently.
Cellulite reduction treatments may reduce the appearance of cellulite; however the most effective way in preventing cellulitis includes eating a healthy balanced diet and exercising regularly.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe