ALL >> Education >> View Article
Copywriter Trick Unveiled How To Write Better Copy Faster
Total Articles: 39
"Talent alone cannot make a writer. There must be a man behind the book." Ralph Waldo Emerson's Goethe
I'm going to share with you a method guaranteed to get your copy razor sharp in a hurry. It's an old trick I learned in journalism school, and it works great to get those creative juices flowing. Since I've been using it regularly again, I write circles around my former output times. The words are just at my fingertips.
How did I do it? (More importantly, how can you do it too?) Well, you probably already know you must have curiosity to become a good writer. Take your natural curiosity to the next level and become an avid observer.
When you're driving, look at the car next to you on the road. Pick up a can of beans in the grocery store. Check out your shampoo while in the shower. Notice the colors and smells. What qualities does it have that set it apart? What would make someone want to buy what you're looking at? You're surrounded with opportunity to sharpen your writing skills. It's easy.
Here's how --
Describe appearance of product
Identify Features (look for complementary and contrasting qualities)
Single Out Main Benefit
Create your Benefit Statement or Summary
Let your imagination go. This is only an exercise. If it were a real product, of course you'd do your research. But our goal isn't to actually sell this copy to a client. It's designed to open up and free your mind.
You don't have to write down your observations. Just practice doing them. You'll be amazed at how quickly your writing improves.
Limit yourself to five minutes on each "product."
Brainstorm. Do NOT edit yourself until you're done.
Stop on time.
Here's a case in point. Today, I took Shadow, my border collie/chow mix, on a hike through the mountains. (I should say, he took me. If you've ever walked a trotting pony on a leash, you have an idea what it's like to walk Shadow.) So, while being drug behind my dog, I noticed pretty yellow weeds lining the path. I picked those to represent my "product" and played my copywriting game.
DESCRIBE APPEARANCE: butter -colored spray of petals, braided green stem, burst of color, gently moving with the breeze.
IDENTIFY FEATURES: soothing, calming, appealing color contrast to trees, heaviest around the path as though guiding hikers
SINGLE OUT MAIN BENEFIT: Rejuvenating
BENEFIT STATEMENT: "After hiking with these soothing butter-colored wildflowers lining the trail, you'll return rejuvenated and ready to face the day."
Maybe not award-winning copy, but with practice I'm sure I'll do better on our next walk.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy