ALL >> Education >> View Article
5 Reasons To Kick Your Ghostwriter To The Curb
Total Articles: 37
With a million and one things to do, it's a wise idea to have a ghostwriter to lighten the load. But what if your ghostwriter is more of a hindrance than a help? Here are some signs it may be time to cut the cord and send that ghostwriter packing.
1. You edit your ghostwriter's work, and not the other way around.
Your ghostwriter is here to polish your appearance. If you're embarrassed by what she comes up with, or if her grammar skills are sub-par, get out before things get ugly. And while you're at it, do her a favor and offer some dead-honesty about her ability. She may hate you for it tomorrow, but an honest constructive opinion can be just the thing to initiate improvement all around.
2. Your ghostwriter is a slacker.
Nothing like handing your ghostwriter an assigment and having to wait three days for a response, only to find that the draft is completely unusable. If you've clearly set a pace for productivity but your ghostwriter seems to be off in la-la land, it's time to end the contract.
3. You suspect your ghostwriter of plagiarism.
Signs that your ghostwriter could be a content-lifter: little copy slips like "In this section of the book we'll discuss..." If there IS no book, that's a problem... and that copy's likely been recycled from elsewhere. An easy plagiarism test: highlight and copy a sentence from the submitted work into a Google search box with quotes around it. If plagiarism's at play, the evidence will surface quickly.
4. You regularly run into your ghostwriter at the local bar.
Okay, this one's a joke (sort of). Fact is, if either of you are serious about being in business, no one should be boozing it up at the local watering hole. (Okay, I'll give you permission for once-a-week stress relief but no more.) Bottom line: your ghostwriter should be a dedicated professional, not some young college party person that you hired because her rates were so low.
5. Nobody seems impressed by your ghostwriter's copy.
If your website copy or printed materials are run-of-the-mill, ho-hum, dime-a-dozen, lackluster, typo-laden, and/or would have stood a better chance being written by your five-year-old niece... the time has come to say "Sionara, Ghostwriter." A ghostwriter should be indispensable for her ability to make your copy snap, crackle and pop off the page. If she's anything less, do yourself and your bank account a favor, thank her for her time and end the relationship.
Education Articles1. Can You Earn Your Pennsylvania Real Estate License Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
2. Artificial Intelligence: The Next Big Thing Is Already Here
3. Why Sap Mm Become The Backbone Of Business?
Author: Vaisakh Bharaz
4. Glimpse Of The Benefits Of Security Training Program
5. Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Lawyer?
Author: Sukanta Singha
6. Essential Factors That Can Help You To Choose A Good Tuition Centre
Author: Hayden Bowden
7. Systematic Planning And Assistance Provided By Study Abroad Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
8. Best Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh Mohali Panchkula.
9. Ias Coaching In Lucknow To Help The Candidates Prepare For The Most Prized Job
10. Delhi Is Fun- Seeing Delhi With Your Toddler
Author: Nitn Saini
11. How To Prepare And Crack Clat - Law Entrance Exam 2018
12. How Good Is Snap As An Mba Entrance Examination?
Author: Mohan Patil
13. Top Reasons Why Children Refuse To Go To School
Author: Ogburn Online School
14. Junit Annotations In Selenium Web Driver
Author: Siyaram Ray
15. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Chandigarh Mohali India.