ALL >> Education >> View Article
5 Reasons To Kick Your Ghostwriter To The Curb
Total Articles: 37
With a million and one things to do, it's a wise idea to have a ghostwriter to lighten the load. But what if your ghostwriter is more of a hindrance than a help? Here are some signs it may be time to cut the cord and send that ghostwriter packing.
1. You edit your ghostwriter's work, and not the other way around.
Your ghostwriter is here to polish your appearance. If you're embarrassed by what she comes up with, or if her grammar skills are sub-par, get out before things get ugly. And while you're at it, do her a favor and offer some dead-honesty about her ability. She may hate you for it tomorrow, but an honest constructive opinion can be just the thing to initiate improvement all around.
2. Your ghostwriter is a slacker.
Nothing like handing your ghostwriter an assigment and having to wait three days for a response, only to find that the draft is completely unusable. If you've clearly set a pace for productivity but your ghostwriter seems to be off in la-la land, it's time to end the contract.
3. You suspect your ghostwriter of plagiarism.
Signs that your ghostwriter could be a content-lifter: little copy slips like "In this section of the book we'll discuss..." If there IS no book, that's a problem... and that copy's likely been recycled from elsewhere. An easy plagiarism test: highlight and copy a sentence from the submitted work into a Google search box with quotes around it. If plagiarism's at play, the evidence will surface quickly.
4. You regularly run into your ghostwriter at the local bar.
Okay, this one's a joke (sort of). Fact is, if either of you are serious about being in business, no one should be boozing it up at the local watering hole. (Okay, I'll give you permission for once-a-week stress relief but no more.) Bottom line: your ghostwriter should be a dedicated professional, not some young college party person that you hired because her rates were so low.
5. Nobody seems impressed by your ghostwriter's copy.
If your website copy or printed materials are run-of-the-mill, ho-hum, dime-a-dozen, lackluster, typo-laden, and/or would have stood a better chance being written by your five-year-old niece... the time has come to say "Sionara, Ghostwriter." A ghostwriter should be indispensable for her ability to make your copy snap, crackle and pop off the page. If she's anything less, do yourself and your bank account a favor, thank her for her time and end the relationship.
Education Articles1. Non-native Speakers Can Also Find English Teaching Jobs In Thailand
Author: Stuart Spindlow
2. Key Tactics The Pros Use For Chartered Accountants In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
3. Know Why Private Tuition Is Pretty Helpful For Children
Author: Hayden Bowden
4. Professional Tips To Play Guitar Better
Author: ALMADEN SCHOOL
5. Introduction Of Bootstrap3 Tutorials:
Author: Learn web designing course in Bangalore.Infocampus
6. Short Term Courses At Deshbandhu College
Author: Shreyansh Shrivastava
7. Exploring The Features And Benefits Of Autocad
Author: Rahul Tripathi
8. Sap Successfactors - All You Need To Know
Author: tyrion william
9. Apply Apsc Recruitment 2017–18 For Post Of 393 Ae/ Lecturer/ Inspector
Author: Recruitment Result
10. Open The Door Of Opportunities By Clearing The Rhcsa Certification Exam
Author: multisoft virtual Academy
11. Digital Marketing Institutes In Hyderabad
Author: Mounika thumula
12. Learn Quran Online
Author: Paul Wright
13. Learn Holy Quran Online
Author: Paul Wright
14. Get Going With A Graphic Designing Course
Author: WLCI Graphic Design College
15. Significance Of Reliable Online Trading System
Author: Henry James