ALL >> Education >> View Article
Long Copy Versus Short Copy
Total Articles: 36
When I show some people my advertisements, I sometimes get the feedback: "I'd never read that. There's too much writing. It needs to be simpler, and cleaner."
But when the ads run... they invariably work.
Imagine you were stranded on a desert island... and the man upstairs came down to speak with you. And said...
Due to unforeseen circumstances there's no way you will ever get off this island. However, I'll give you everything you need to survive. Beautiful, tasty, natural foods... plenty of water... great weather...
But there's one catch. You will be the only human alive on this island, apart from a partner you may choose from these 500 letters.
Now imagine when you opened up the letters what would you be looking for. Remember, this is the only person you're going to be spending the rest of your life with.
Would you be happy with something like: Hi, I'm Susan. I've got black hair, brown eyes, and I like to party. I'm lots of fun, and people say I'm pretty.
Would you choose Susan? Or would you want to know EVERYTHING about this person including their personality, what they look for, their values, what they look like (perhaps a photo) what they enjoy, whether they have a criminal record, how old they are, how healthy they are and much, much, much more?
Bottom line is... if you're making a decision of such importance, you're going to want to know every damned thing about them. In a nutshell... you're going to want...
LONG COPY (which is detailed, covers any concerns you may have and appeals to what you want)
And it's the same with 99% of products. You've got to tell people your full story if you want to convert them into customers.
Want proof? Look at mail order advertisements. They are measured every time they run... and in many cases appear year after year. If they don't work they get rid of them. What sort of copy do they use?
Listen, when you advertise, you are like a salesperson's in a busy man's office. He may have tried over and over to organise a meeting. He may never be admitted again. This is the one opportunity to get a result, and he must employ it to the full.
LONG COPY does work better than short copy. But don't take my word for it. Test one ad or sales letter against the other... and see for yourself.
Education Articles1. Schools In Sohna Road, Gurgaon: A Smart Choice For Kids
Author: Abhinav Singh
2. Know What It Takes To Become A Good Pole Dancing Teacher
Author: Dee Heath
3. The Future Scope Of Ios App Development
4. Why Java Se Is A Good Choice For Implementing Real-time Systems
5. Chinese Language: Scope And Career Opportunities
Author: sifil symbiosis
6. Learn How To Judge The Best B-school For Yourself!
Author: Sukanta Singha
7. Discover The Spirit Of Design At Avantika University
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
8. How To Use Technology For Development Of Your Kid Without Turning It Into Bane?
Author: Shivangi Joshi
9. Instant Success 1y0-340 Exam With Valid 1y0-340 Questions Dumps 2018
Author: Jessica Fay
10. Learning Objectives Of R Programming Training
11. Early Learning Center And Its Role In Childhood Education
Author: Kelly Reed
12. Java Programming Language, Platforms, Java Virtual Machine, Jvm Without Java
13. Architecture Of Search Engine
Author: gagan deep ahik
14. Tlshs-degree Course In Hotel Management
15. Which College Is Best For An Mba/pgdm Among Itm Bangalore Or Iba Bangalore?
Author: sujatha Reddy