ALL >> Education >> View Article
Long Copy Versus Short Copy
Total Articles: 36
When I show some people my advertisements, I sometimes get the feedback: "I'd never read that. There's too much writing. It needs to be simpler, and cleaner."
But when the ads run... they invariably work.
Imagine you were stranded on a desert island... and the man upstairs came down to speak with you. And said...
Due to unforeseen circumstances there's no way you will ever get off this island. However, I'll give you everything you need to survive. Beautiful, tasty, natural foods... plenty of water... great weather...
But there's one catch. You will be the only human alive on this island, apart from a partner you may choose from these 500 letters.
Now imagine when you opened up the letters what would you be looking for. Remember, this is the only person you're going to be spending the rest of your life with.
Would you be happy with something like: Hi, I'm Susan. I've got black hair, brown eyes, and I like to party. I'm lots of fun, and people say I'm pretty.
Would you choose Susan? Or would you want to know EVERYTHING about this person including their personality, what they look for, their values, what they look like (perhaps a photo) what they enjoy, whether they have a criminal record, how old they are, how healthy they are and much, much, much more?
Bottom line is... if you're making a decision of such importance, you're going to want to know every damned thing about them. In a nutshell... you're going to want...
LONG COPY (which is detailed, covers any concerns you may have and appeals to what you want)
And it's the same with 99% of products. You've got to tell people your full story if you want to convert them into customers.
Want proof? Look at mail order advertisements. They are measured every time they run... and in many cases appear year after year. If they don't work they get rid of them. What sort of copy do they use?
Listen, when you advertise, you are like a salesperson's in a busy man's office. He may have tried over and over to organise a meeting. He may never be admitted again. This is the one opportunity to get a result, and he must employ it to the full.
LONG COPY does work better than short copy. But don't take my word for it. Test one ad or sales letter against the other... and see for yourself.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program