ALL >> Education >> View Article
Long Copy Versus Short Copy
Total Articles: 36
When I show some people my advertisements, I sometimes get the feedback: "I'd never read that. There's too much writing. It needs to be simpler, and cleaner."
But when the ads run... they invariably work.
Imagine you were stranded on a desert island... and the man upstairs came down to speak with you. And said...
Due to unforeseen circumstances there's no way you will ever get off this island. However, I'll give you everything you need to survive. Beautiful, tasty, natural foods... plenty of water... great weather...
But there's one catch. You will be the only human alive on this island, apart from a partner you may choose from these 500 letters.
Now imagine when you opened up the letters what would you be looking for. Remember, this is the only person you're going to be spending the rest of your life with.
Would you be happy with something like: Hi, I'm Susan. I've got black hair, brown eyes, and I like to party. I'm lots of fun, and people say I'm pretty.
Would you choose Susan? Or would you want to know EVERYTHING about this person including their personality, what they look for, their values, what they look like (perhaps a photo) what they enjoy, whether they have a criminal record, how old they are, how healthy they are and much, much, much more?
Bottom line is... if you're making a decision of such importance, you're going to want to know every damned thing about them. In a nutshell... you're going to want...
LONG COPY (which is detailed, covers any concerns you may have and appeals to what you want)
And it's the same with 99% of products. You've got to tell people your full story if you want to convert them into customers.
Want proof? Look at mail order advertisements. They are measured every time they run... and in many cases appear year after year. If they don't work they get rid of them. What sort of copy do they use?
Listen, when you advertise, you are like a salesperson's in a busy man's office. He may have tried over and over to organise a meeting. He may never be admitted again. This is the one opportunity to get a result, and he must employ it to the full.
LONG COPY does work better than short copy. But don't take my word for it. Test one ad or sales letter against the other... and see for yourself.
Education Articles1. Are You Looking For Online Tutorial For Programming?
2. Private Tuitions From Experienced And Qualified Teachers For The Student’s Development
Author: Hayden Bowden
3. The Impact Of A School On A Child’s Life
4. Documentation Required For Studying At Melbourne Is Easier With Professional Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
5. Seek Admission In Igcse Schools In Bangalore
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
6. Learning Objectives Of Itil® Foundation Training Program
7. 4 Ways To Eradicate Guitar Vacillation
Author: Almaden School of Music & Art
8. Hire A Consultant Today Far Dissertation Writing
Author: Dissertation Help
9. Dyslexia Software Goes One Click - Ghotit Dyslexia
10. What Is Digital Marketing
Author: rakesh verma
11. Sap Hana Driving Big Data Startups
12. Why We Stereotype Engineering?
Author: ponting brown
13. Why Best Educational Apps For Kids Succeeds
Author: ponting brown
14. Why It Is Important To Have A Good Digital Marketing Strategy In An Online Business
15. A Week At Homeschool