ALL >> General >> View Article
Celebrate The Fourth With All American Appetizer Recipes
Total Articles: 13
When the Declaration of Independence was adopted on July 4th, 1776 it not only set in motion our path to establishing this great country, it also triggered an annual day of celebration for Americans for centuries to come. As you plan your holiday cookout, we encourage you to think healthy and to think all-American when choosing appetizer recipes.
If you're planning a party for the fourth, you may be thinking red, white, and blue food. Or you may be headed down the traditional route of burgers and hot dogs on the grill. These are American traditions that certainly have a place in the celebration of liberty. But, if you want to liberate yourself from the usual, or to free yourself from the heavy calorie- laden party food and appetizer recipes, then we have some tips for you.
Keep it light so that you can participate in that sack race, or feel comfortable in that bathing suit you'll be wearing poolside for the cookout. Substitute healthy ingredients in some of your favorite recipes.
Corn Dogs are a favorite, especially with kids. Try using a lean version of dog, like a turkey dog. Instead of frying, bake until the cornbread batter gets firm. You can cut them in pieces if you're looking for an appetizer recipe.
Potato salad doesn't need heavy mayonnaise; use a light mayo mixed with fat-free sour cream, then add some relish and seasoning to give it some punch.
Potato chips are typically fried in lots of oil. Try making your own. Cut thin slices of potatoes, brush with canola oil or even canola cooking spray, then bake.
Mini burgers, also known as sliders, are a great appetizer recipe. Shrink the standard All-American burger to something people can eat in a couple of bites. This gives you the flavor of this favorite cookout fare without all of the calories. Turkey-burgers are great for this recipe too. Simply grill, then pop on slider buns and let people dress their own.
Fruit skewers are a refreshing appetizer to serve in the heat of a summer cookout. You could also serve them as a healthy alternative to desserts like cheesecake or pie. Slide some blueberries, strawberries, and pineapple on long toothpicks and provide some vanilla yogurt for dipping.
Travel the country by offering some favorites from the 50 states. Here are some All-American eats from Delish you can choose from.
It may be the American way to over- indulges at a party, but you can enjoy the festivities on the 4th of July without feeling guilty the next day. Tweaking appetizer recipes, grilled favorites, and desserts so that they are a bit leaner and healthier provides a whole new sense of freedom.
Happy Independence Day!
General Articles1. Weed For Sale Online
2. 4 Most Important Tips For Fire Safety – The Safety Master
3. Why Investing In Promotional Bluetooth Speakers Is A Great Idea?
Author: Neo Martin
4. Digital And Screen Printing In Dubai, Lanyard Printing In Sharjah
6. How To Become A Profitable Magnesium Oxide Manufacturer?
Author: hu Allen
7. Purchase A Good Quality Stroller For Your Large Dog!
8. Get Instant Information Technology Assignment Help From Experts
9. Popular Elements Of Jewelry This Year@thereal.su
10. Personality Customization Pk Product Diamond Jewelry Who Will Win@thereal.su
11. Buy Brand Diamond Ring The Uneconomic@thereal.su
12. Watch Has Several Important Considerations In Process Indicators@thereal.su
13. Graff Diamonds Of Wang Xin Wrist Watch@thereal.su
14. The Home Inspection Nyc Can Help To Maintain Good Living Conditions In Your Home
15. Wodurch Die Armreifen Wu's Farbenfrohes Kleid Schmeicheln