ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Do You Need A Broward Criminal Lawyer?
Total Articles: 452
If you've been charged with a crime, it's almost always in your best interest to hire a Broward criminal lawyer. Most defendants in a criminal case are represented by an attorney, particularly when jail or prison is a risk, as it's incredibly hard for a regular person to competently handle their own case.
One of the many difficult aspects of representing yourself is the gap between what you can find in a book and actually practicing a criminal case. While you'll be able to find the definition of crimes, the punishments and required courtroom procedure, don't be fooled into thinking that knowing this information will make it possible to defend yourself. Practicing criminal law cannot be understood simply by reading books, and any experienced defense attorney knows that even the most straightforward or basic element of a case or law can be unpredictable and complex.
You should also realize the power of the prosecutor, as prosecutorial discretion, or the power of the prosecutor to choose if they will file criminal charges and what the charges will be, plays a major role in what happens. Even a single act that seems on paper to constitute a single crime may be repainted as many other crimes, more or less serious than what the act suggests. Likewise, statutes may indicate a fixed sentence but this may be negotiated.
An experienced defense attorney also knows that the role of community pressure is very extreme in criminal cases. From a judge standing on re-election to the police department expecting their reports to bring criminal charges, the community often expects the criminal system to be tough on certain crimes when individuals are arrested. This underlines the importance of hiring a knowledgeable Fort Lauderdale criminal lawyer who has years of experience watching this system in action.
A criminal lawyer will do a great deal for you, far more than what most people see watching televised court cases. Behind the scenes, your Fort Lauderdale criminal lawyer may negotiate a deal with the prosecutor for a lesser sentence or reduced charges, formulate a sentencing program to help you, help you cope with your feelings and walk you through the process, give you an objective perspective on your situation and more. They will be familiar with the potential hidden costs of pleading guilty and they are also familiar with local court procedures that you simply won't find in a book. They have extensive knowledge of important legal rules and past rulings that apply to you, and they can spend the time on your case that you cannot.
Proceed with your case alone at your own peril. It's estimated that only 1% of people charged with a crime choose to represent themselves, and with good reason. This is a very complicated undertaking and you should never do it alone. Hire a knowledgeable defense lawyer in Florida who has experience with your case to increase your chances of a positive outcome.
Legal Articles1. What To Look For While Searching For Best Corporate Law Firms In London?
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
2. 5 Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney In Albuquerque
Author: Daniel Estes
3. Know What Personal Injury Attorney In Camden County Guides To Your Injury Claims
Author: Howard N Sobel
4. Trustee And Beneficiary Fight Over Interpretation Of Their Father’s Trust…..yet Again
Author: Noelle Minto
5. Myths Debunked On Your Personal Injury Case & Injury Attorney Basking Ridge Nj
Author: Gregg Wisotsky
6. Engaging The Most Professional & Experienced Attorney For Injury Litigations
Author: Chris Thayer
7. Documents To Show Your Delaware County Car Accident Attorney After An Accident
Author: Timothy Barnard
8. Questions You Must Ask Before You Hire Any Real Estate Attorney Wilmington, De
Author: Timothy B. Barnard
9. Things That Indicate You Need A Tax Lawyer
Author: Lester Ong
10. Are You In Need Of A Green Card Lawyer?
Author: Miguel Miller
11. Rafton Family Lawyers
Author: Kate Rafton
12. How To Renewal Itin
13. What You Need To Know About Lawyers In Perth?
Author: Lester Ong
14. The Farjami & Farjami Llp Is The Best Law Firm To Protect Your Intellectual Property
15. Hire Best Traffic Ticket Lawyer Houston To Prove Your Point In The Court