ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Do You Need A Broward Criminal Lawyer?
Total Articles: 458
If you've been charged with a crime, it's almost always in your best interest to hire a Broward criminal lawyer. Most defendants in a criminal case are represented by an attorney, particularly when jail or prison is a risk, as it's incredibly hard for a regular person to competently handle their own case.
One of the many difficult aspects of representing yourself is the gap between what you can find in a book and actually practicing a criminal case. While you'll be able to find the definition of crimes, the punishments and required courtroom procedure, don't be fooled into thinking that knowing this information will make it possible to defend yourself. Practicing criminal law cannot be understood simply by reading books, and any experienced defense attorney knows that even the most straightforward or basic element of a case or law can be unpredictable and complex.
You should also realize the power of the prosecutor, as prosecutorial discretion, or the power of the prosecutor to choose if they will file criminal charges and what the charges will be, plays a major role in what happens. Even a single act that seems on paper to constitute a single crime may be repainted as many other crimes, more or less serious than what the act suggests. Likewise, statutes may indicate a fixed sentence but this may be negotiated.
An experienced defense attorney also knows that the role of community pressure is very extreme in criminal cases. From a judge standing on re-election to the police department expecting their reports to bring criminal charges, the community often expects the criminal system to be tough on certain crimes when individuals are arrested. This underlines the importance of hiring a knowledgeable Fort Lauderdale criminal lawyer who has years of experience watching this system in action.
A criminal lawyer will do a great deal for you, far more than what most people see watching televised court cases. Behind the scenes, your Fort Lauderdale criminal lawyer may negotiate a deal with the prosecutor for a lesser sentence or reduced charges, formulate a sentencing program to help you, help you cope with your feelings and walk you through the process, give you an objective perspective on your situation and more. They will be familiar with the potential hidden costs of pleading guilty and they are also familiar with local court procedures that you simply won't find in a book. They have extensive knowledge of important legal rules and past rulings that apply to you, and they can spend the time on your case that you cannot.
Proceed with your case alone at your own peril. It's estimated that only 1% of people charged with a crime choose to represent themselves, and with good reason. This is a very complicated undertaking and you should never do it alone. Hire a knowledgeable defense lawyer in Florida who has experience with your case to increase your chances of a positive outcome.
Legal Articles1. Car Accident Attorney – Why Are They Important?
2. 7 Crucial Things To Know Before Finding A Personal Injury Lawyer Or Attorney In Plano, Texas
Author: Nick Feizy
3. Auto Accident Attorney – Tips To Get The Help You Need
4. Injured In A Slip And Fall - When To A Hire A Lawyer?
5. Guidelines To Choosing The Best Law Firm For Your Business
Author: Charles Silver
6. Personal Injury Law Firms - Getting The Right Slip And Fall Lawyer
7. Basic Need To Knows For Slip And Fall Lawyers
8. The Sydney Family Law Mediation Can Help To Resolve Disputes In A Friendly Manner
9. Truck Accident Attorney – Top 5 Things To Look For
10. Seat Belt Injury Law - What You Need To Know
11. Third Party Negligence- Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm
Author: Mark Joshes is the author of this Article.
13. How To Get Effective Legal Compensation For Ivc Filter Injury Case In Texas?
Author: Nick Feizy
14. Why Hiring A Wrongful Death Lawyer Is Very Important
15. Top Orange California Personal Injury Lawyer Announcing New Office Location And Free Case Evaluation