ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Estimate The Cost Of A Bathroom Remodel
Total Articles: 19
A lot of people don't give their bathroom enough credit. Aside from your bedroom, your bathroom might be the most important and frequently visited rooms in your house. It is one of the first places you'll go when you wake up and again when you get home—and it is one of the few rooms of your home that you'll be obligated to open to company at a moment's notice.
A bathroom should be comfortable, clean and welcoming, but an outdated design can make all of this difficult to attain. A bathroom remodel is a great way to get the amenities you've always wanted in a bathroom, but before you get started it is a good idea to sit down and evaluate just what the cost of your renovation project might be.
Estimating the Cost of a Bathroom Remodel
A tub to soak in, double sinks for a more peaceful morning, plenty of storage for towels and other accessories—these are just a few of the things people look for in a bathroom. When you decide you want to remodel your bathroom, take a moment to determine your budget, and then prioritize what aspects of a bathroom mean the most to you.
Here is a list of the most common projects to undertake in a bathroom remodel, and how much they often cost:
• The toilet: This is the most basic and essential element of any bathroom. You can get a basic new toilet for around $100, and as you opt for greater power, water standards and the price may go as high as several thousand dollars. Water saving toilets are a bit more expensive than a standard commode, often costing between $150 and $300, but they can save you money on your water bill in the long run.
• The bath: The type of bath you get will change the price of this addition. You can opt for a shower / bath duo, or go for separate washing units. There are antique style footed bathtubs that may cost several thousand dollars, and there are basic tubs that will only cost a couple hundred dollars. A 5-foot one person Jacuzzi tub will cost between $600 and $800 dollars, while larger jet-streamed tubs may cost more.
• The sink: A standard pedestal sink may cost as little as $150 dollars, and the price of a bathroom sink goes up from there based on the style and accessories desired. If you have a countertop you wish to place the sink on, a standard undermount bowl may be purchased for as low as $75, with quality materials and additional features adding to the cost.
• Countertops: Bathrooms typically have less room for a large amount of counter space, so putting a quality countertop in to the bathroom may not be as expensive as it would be in the kitchen. Depending on the material, a countertop may cost anything between $50 and $200 per square foot.
Aside from these accessories, you also have to factor in the cost of plumbing and electrical re-wiring, which are complex projects that can be incredibly costly if done incorrectly. Do not attempt to make any significant changes to your bathroom without the help of a professional. Attempting to take on a bathroom remodel on your own could lead to safety issues, as well as costly repairs down the road.
247pro offers bathroom remodel and bathroom remodeling.Visit http://247pro.com/html/bathroom.aspx for more imformation.
Home and Garden Articles1. A House That Gives You Opportunity To Make The Most Out Of Living Space
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
2. The White Teak Company - The New Destination For Luxury Home Decor
3. Wardrobes In Kirti Nagar
Author: Alisha Shah
4. Luxury British Brand Furniture Collection Set To Reach Auction
5. Tips To Plan A Father’s Day Party At Home In Lilburn Ga
Author: Melinda Harris
6. Explanation On Why Furniture Stores In Perth Is Important
Author: Kai Baxter
7. 6 Key Reasons Why Limestone Is One Of The Best Building Materials
Author: Daniel Maxted
8. 11 Best Things To Do When You Are Alone
Author: Nug Brand
9. Mortgage Broker Markham
10. Sobha Chennai – Buy Luxury Apartments, Flats, Plots & Homes In Omr Porur Chennai
Author: Sobha Limited
11. How To Do Upholstery Cleaning – 5 Diy Tips
Author: Mike Aurtho
12. Landscaping – We Help You To Bring Your Imagination Into Reality
Author: Simmy Ahuja
13. Home Decor Trends You Must Know This Year
Author: Ajay Sharma
14. Smart Ways To Reduce Waste Around You
Author: Hampry Gomes
15. What’s Important To Know While Revamping Your Home
Author: Ajay Sharma