ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Protect Your Intellectual Property Rights From Copyright Infringement
Total Articles: 3
It takes a lot of courage and research to start your own business. Regardless of what level you plan your business on, the inputs it demands are quite high. Time, money and hard work together make a structure for a feasible business. What when someone snatches all your ideas and uses them without your permission? It is heart breaking for sure. In order to make sure that your hard work does not get wasted, it is important to reserve all your rights with the help of an intellectual property attorney.
Intellectual property is the term used for creative assets that a company holds. It refers to the creations that an organisation or individual does in terms of inventions, literary study, research, names, images and other artistic works. When a person or firm tries to use your intellectual property, it is considered as an act of piracy and theft and may lead to legal charges. Whether you are a leading firm or a single person home business, you need to make sure that you have secured your rights.
Know Your Intellectual Rights
Intellectual rights deal with the sector of law that reserves the rights of the creators of the original work. The purpose of intellectual rights is to promote new technology, artistic inventions and business activities. Here are the major rights that are considered as an individual’s or organisations intellectual property.
Patents are used to grant the right to exclusively make, sell, use and import a particular service or commodity for a specific period. They are meant to protect a particular invention from getting used or sold by others. These are granted by national government and give the exclusive rights to the creator. The government takes usually 2 to 3 years for registration of a patent. The different types of patents include utility patents, plant patents and design patents. In case of patent theft, one has the complete liberty to hire a patent attorney.
This term refers to the name, tag line, slogan, logo and design that a device, a business or an organisation holds. These are registered with the government body acting at national level. This is done to reserve them and make sure that no one else could file for the same ones. The trademarks are processed within 6 to 18 months from the registration period. A registered trademark is identified by the mark TM or a symbol R. This makes clear that these trademarks cannot be used without permission of the owner.
Copyright reserves the rights for artistic work. It applies to work that is recorded such as music records, dramatic and fictional work like movies and literary work like novels, scripts and journals. It prohibits the use of these records without the authority of the owner. It provides the author or the creator, the right to take legal action with the help of copyright lawyer, against one who has made the attempt to plagiarise it. The creator holds economic independence i.e. he may earn financial benefits while restricting its use for others. These rights are available within a short time as they can be registered online.
Legal Articles1. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyers In Md- Protecting Debitor And Creditor Instantaneously
2. Search Law Firms, Top Advocates, Lawyers
Author: Advacto legal Solutions
3. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help You From The Legal Charges
4. The Experience Of Working With A Work Injury Lawyer In Pennsylvania
Author: Ryan Harvey
5. What Can Springfield Missouri Family Lawyers In Greene County Do For You?
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
6. Denton Child Custody Attorney: A Perfect And Healthy Solution
Author: Mark N John
7. 15 Common Myths About Child Custody
Author: V. Wayne Ward
8. Getting Out Of Trouble: Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
9. Five Tips By Springfield Missouri Child Custody Attorneys In Greene County To Help Get You To A Posi
Author: Kirk C. Stange
10. Getting Out Of Trouble: An Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. Important Considerations Before Hiring A Family Law Divorce Attorney
12. Five Injuries That Triggers You To Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm In Dallas For The Compensation Cl
Author: Nick Feizy
13. Expert Felony Case Lawyer & Local Divorce Attorney
14. Should You Get An Attorney For A Car Accident That Wasn't Your Fault?
15. 10 Quick Tips On How To Find A Divorce Lawyer
Author: V. Wayne Ward