ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Data Recovery General Knowledge (2)
Total Articles: 15
When some of your important data to be destroyed, lost or deleted accidentally, what do you do? Maybe you have thought of using data recovery tool such as Kvisoft Data Recovery for MAC, etc. But, you know, before recovering data, what matters should not done? Otherwise, the data may be destroyed or is unable to recover, or become invalid after restoring operation. Before using the data recovery software, what are the considerations? At ordinary times how to deal with the data to ensure the integrity of the data? And what are the factors that affect the success rate of data recovery? Following this data restore common sense article to know more.
Pay attention to the following questions when processing data ordinarily
1. Do not cut files. We often encounter clients cut a directory to another disk, an error occurred when processing, the directory is not at the source disk, and the data is not copied into target disk. This seems to be a systematic BUG, occasionally appear. Therefore, we suggest that if the data is important, please first copy the data to the target disk, if there is no problem, then delete the files in the source disk, do not take the easy way to cause data loss.
2. If there are many directory files in partition, do not directly do disk defragmentation. Because there might be wrong during the disk defragmentation process, the data will be difficult to recover if the process goes wrong. It is recommended that copy the data to another disk, then format the disk which one you want to do disk defragmentation, and then copy the data back.
3. Do not use third-party tools to resize partitions. It is easy to occur mistakes during the partition resizing process (such as power outages, etc.), and the data became difficult to recover if occur mistakes. Because the data is moved around, and data cover damage is very serious. Recommended backup the data before do repartitioning, then use the Windows built-in Disk Management to partition, this will have high security. Backup data regularly, to ensure data security, it is best to backup data to discs, this is safer than backup to existing hard disk.
The factors that affect the success rate of data recovery
1. The deleted or formatted files of FAT or FAT32 partition, the recovery success rate of large files or frequently editing files is lower, such as XLS or CDR file which is edited regularly is difficult to complete recovery. And the recovery success rate of the files do not moved or edited after copying into the partition is relatively higher, such as PDF or JPG, MPG, etc. This is because the FAT and FAT32 partition using file allocation table to record each file cluster chain fragmentation information, after deleted or formatted the cluster chain fragmentation information was emptied; those who frequently modified files to edit due to their file length dynamic growth, in the file system are not normally stored in a row, so the fragmented information cannot be recovered, file recovery is not complete.
2. The recovery probability of NTFS partition is relatively high, generally most of the files can be recovered completely after deleted or formatted. Sometimes some files cannot be recovered, for example a very large file, or file in the editor to use for a long time, this document will form a lot of fragmentation information, if delete the file, this file will not be able to know the length of documents, it is difficult to restore, for example, Some a lot of years database files, after deleted, the file length is 0 after scanned by some data recovery software, they cannot be restored. Regular defragmentation can reduce this happening, but there are risks to do disk defragmentation directly, please refer to the above problems that need attention.
3. Repartition or delete the partition or partition table damage, generally behind the partition can basically full recovery, partition more rearward lower the possibility of destruction, so it is best to placed the important data in a partition of back position, do not put in C, D disk.
4. After the Recycle Bin deleted files, sometimes cannot find the file. NTFS, deleted files from the Recycle Bin, the file name will be automatically modified, such as De001.doc, the original file name is destroyed. When your data is lost, you cannot find the file name directly, remember do not miss some files that have been renamed by the system. Direct Shift Del to delete the file, the name will not be destroyed. You can find more tutorial from this article: Recover lost files on Mac.
As long as usually we deal with data in the right way, pay attention to the points mentioned above, it is still possible to recover the data completely when one day some of our important data to be destroyed, lost or deleted accidentally.
Computers Articles1. Professional Script Design Services Can Make A Difference To Your Business Online
2. Troubleshoot The Most Common Technical Issues In Windows 10 By Contacting Windows Technicians
Author: Philippa Pippa
3. Mac Os X Mountain Lion Ensures The Utmost Protection Against Malware Program
Author: Barack Taye
4. How To Get Best Email Technical Support?
5. Exchange Database Recovery Software
6. 7 Powerful Tips For Persuasive And Captivating Interactive Presentation
Author: Amit Sahoo
7. Creating The ιστοσελιδα Properly For Establishing The Brand Information
Author: parveen kumar
8. Kind Of Infections A Pc Is Prone To
Author: Newlite Technical services
9. Samsung Screen Repairs, Nationwide Repairs, 60 Min Repair Manchester
Author: samsung repairer
10. Mac Book Pro Repair Andheri Is The Best Solution For Your Damaged System
Author: Mike Rakhangi
11. Planning To Hire An Odoo Developer? - A Must Read
Author: Jay Vora
12. Contact Pc Repairs Maroochydore Experts To Resovle Software Or Hardware Issues Of Your Computer
13. Tips To Choose A Good Computer Repair Service Provider
14. 2. Anniversary Update Leads To Some Technical Issue In Windows 10
Author: Easton Finn
15. 10 Easy Steps To Clean Your Infected Computer
Author: Newlite Technical services